Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2009, 00:37   #286
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisarg86 View Post
congrats frank. Don't forget to take veedeeo
i will surely take a video when I am done with the install!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigy View Post
Every equipment selected is of a different brand. So credit goes to the selector.All the brand seems to be originating more or less from the USA including the car i suppose
thank you sir. Yes, ALL the stuff other than the sub woofer is from USA. Even the RCA cables!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
wow frank, great setup, eagerly waiting the Youtube upload.
I should be able to do that by next week, I hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Bong View Post
Hey Frank

Sub enclosure looks good waiting for pics of the completed install
sure thing. Will take a lot of pics. I wanted to do an IB install for the sub like your car, but with the amount of power I was going to feed the sub, IB would be harmful and stress the sub beyond it's mechanical limits!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
In systems without time alignment it would - it sounds 'not integrated with the rest of the music'. The wave length of sound at low frequencies is an issue. Time alignment in your car corrects that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenh0rn View Post
Bhaiyon, this is what I was talking about:

Aiming Part 2
I am kind of alien to the entire concept of aiming of the bass.
As for TA, yes, it will help in delaying the fronts to allow the bass to sound in sync with them. But, this is ALL i know about subwoofers.
Old 19th September 2009, 01:54   #287
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
I always noticed that there is no reference for people who buy a Fiesta and want to ICE it. Not just here, but around the world.
This thread breaks from that tradition and serves as a template for all!
Ya you are true. Even i have Fiesta, but i never went so public and never did show up my equipment. Even though its not even near to what all you have Frank.
Well because of you, we (people with Fiesta) will have ideas to upgrade our system. So please keep it up
Old 19th September 2009, 08:16   #288
Senior - BHPian

@frank: hope today is the d day
Old 19th September 2009, 15:05   #289
BHPian

install looks good frank congrats waiting to see the tweeter pods
Old 19th September 2009, 15:52   #290
Senior - BHPian

Sorry for OT

@ subhan Don't tell me you did all this to your getz when did this happened, Just did the total

Edit: Esotar 3 way ?

Last edited by karankapoor : 19th September 2009 at 16:01.
Old 19th September 2009, 23:58   #291
Senior - BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...-a2zaudio.html

We're done!!!!
Old 10th October 2009, 20:19   #292
Senior - BHPian

Invinsible's post #256 was so big and hard to understand type that I had to defer responding to it for a later time when I get enough free time, which is now. Read it, the first impression on the referred article is like the original author thinks that there are(/were) only a few individual on the earth- Helmholtz, Thiele, Small and himself- who really have apprehension of resonance (I am sure there are many many more). Let me explain what I thought, and from where the question arose.

Forget port and secondary resonances in the driver itself for the sake of argument. Assume a typical sealed sub box with about a foot long dimensions (which is very practical). Primary sources of resonance as per my knowledge are panel resonance of box walls and cavity resonance as explained in the post. Don't remember the exact number but I think cavity resonance was mentioned to be something like 600+ Hz. I don't have scientific proofs or data but I believe box panel resonances (typical 20mm MDF) are also similarly in high frequency range, far away from <80Hz that the sub will be excited at. At these frequencies, T/S theory assumes that the air inside box acts more like a spring of certain stiffness attached to the original driver. This stiffness depends only on volume, not dimensions of the box. It is modeled as a "lumped" spring, wave theory is not really applied here (again my understanding!). I believe major impact of cavity resonances should be minimized if you consider your listening space first (room or cabin), determine required response for it, and then choose appropriate sub driver and mate it with right volume of sealed box. Resonances occurring at 600Hz or 1KHz, 2KHz should not have dominant effect on sub's performance because those frequencies won't be excited (well, some weak excitation may happen due to distortion, i.e. harmonics of sub frequencies). Therefore I still feel that shape should not matter much for a sub. If it is a book shelf speaker instead, whose frequency of operation is much wider, then I agree, it would be a very different ball game (and much more complicated at that!).

Last edited by santosh.s : 10th October 2009 at 20:22.
Old 10th October 2009, 20:23   #293
Senior - BHPian

So what are you getting at, sir?
Old 10th October 2009, 20:32   #294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
So what are you getting at, sir?
Doctor sahab, I am just trying to get a convincing answer to the question- how significant are box dimensions (as opposed to its volume) for a sub playing below 80-100Hz?
Old 10th October 2009, 20:34   #295
Senior - BHPian

I am an illiterate when it comes to enclosures. Really. I leave it to God for the sub to sound good. LOL.
Old 10th October 2009, 20:46   #296
Senior - BHPian

OK, lets us wait for our ICE Gods to either correct me or else confirm what I think.
Old 10th October 2009, 23:45   #297
Senior - BHPian

Santosh, you are assuming that the box is a perfect cube/cuboid with parallel faces. What do you think will happen when the side just behind the sub is angled (down, up, left, right, whichever way as long as it is not parallel to the side that holds the sub. I have a feeling the rules of resonance will be different, right? I am assuming that resonance is inevitable even if none of the sides is parallel to any other - as long as a relationship can be established between the rear wave, it's wavelength and the formation of a standing wave.

Another assumption that is being made here is that the music that is playing is always at the resonant frequency for it to mess up the music. Statistically it is quite likely that the pesky resonant frequency is never found in the signal that actually goes through the sub.
Old 11th October 2009, 09:59   #298
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
What do you think will happen when the side just behind the sub is angled (down, up, left, right, whichever way as long as it is not parallel to the side that holds the sub. I have a feeling the rules of resonance will be different, right? I am assuming that resonance is inevitable even if none of the sides is parallel to any other - as long as a relationship can be established between the rear wave, it's wavelength and the formation of a standing wave.
I can not explain exactly what happens with slanted wall, even if I could it would most likely look like a physics text book. To put it in an abstracted form, general consensus seems like instead of strong resonance peaks defined by the distance between two parallel walls, slanted wall shall spread resonances into a wider range of frequencies but relatively weaker ones. Also, I think with slanted walls sound waves may bounce off many times internally before reaching speaker cone. That may suppress those resonances in the sense it shall get absorbed more (converted into negligible heat) rather than being heard outside, like car's silencers/mufflers.

The point is that all that will be applicable to much higher frequencies as compared to what sub is producing. So, does shape matter for subs? (for mids it definitely matters, no disagreement there)
Old 1st June 2010, 14:24   #299
BHPian

Frankie - saw this on the Net and thought you should know.

Samsung shows off 18.5 inch USB-powered display

Quoted from the website:
Samsung has developed an 18.5 inch, 1366 x 768 pixel display that can run on just 6.3W of power — which it can draw from two normal USB ports. That means you could plug the display into a desktop PC without bothering to run yet another cable to your wall jack or power strip, which probably already crowded enough as it is.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks