Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2005, 20:12   #1
BHPian

Component System for NHC

Hi guys.I got delivery of the NHC 4 days back..well,I'm planning to go in for a 6 speaker audio system (2 rear,2 front,2 tweeters).
For the front,a Component system,and co-axials for the rear.
Needed your opinions as to which speakers deliver best sound clarity..(I'll be fitting in a good Pioneer or Blaupunkt Head MP3/WMA unit.).
1.Which of the following brands deliver best clarity sound?..I won't be pumping up the volume too much..but only at times it might be high.. SoundStream , Kicker , Pioneer , JBL , Infinity.
Please do give your opinion..
2.Will I need an amplifier for the audio system?..
3.I am not planning to go in for a sub-woofer,since it will involve drilling holes in the rear,and that will affect warranty(as told to me by Ichibaan Honda).
4.Does anyone know which size speakers fit in the front and rear speaker spaces provided in GXi CVT model of New Honda City?..I think both are 5 inches(they provide stock Alpine speakers front and rear)..I'm not sure about size..so,if anyone knows exact size,please do post it..so that I can surf for those size speaker component systems/rear co-axials.
5.Will fitting in rear 5-way co-axial speakers instead of 3-way co-axials make sound better?..most cos. don't manufacture anything more than 3 way..I've only seen Pioneer and JVC 5-way speakers..why is it so?
Thanks,and awaiting your opinions on above questions.
Suraj
Old 29th June 2005, 00:21   #2
Team-BHP Support

1. i will have to check the car to see the size. will post it tom. if i dont PM me. I forget; i'm senile.

2. even a small amp can benefit the sound.

3. try a few brands. i dont think the city comes stock with alpine speakers only an alpine HU. I can check this too as our city (Gxi CVT) is stock.

4. you could add an active sub box. no drilling required. and even if you drilled any holes in the rear deck i doubt it would void your warranty. ask your dealer to give that to you in writing and take it up with Honda.

audio is a very personal taste. I tried 3 brands before i chose what i got. it took some time but i figured if i dont spend half a saturday doing this i will regret for the life of the car (6-7 years). I tried JBL, Blau, and Alpine and settled for Alpine (in my octy).
Old 29th June 2005, 18:45   #3
Team-BHP Support

the speakers had no markings on them. the front have 5" and the rear are 6". however you can shoe horn a 6" in the front door and a 6x9" in the rear deck. the speakers on our CVT are stock.

I would strngly advise you to look at the Alpine 690A for the rear great VFM. For the front I'd suggest you listen to a few pairs (alpine, blaupunkt, jbl, etc.) of components.
Old 29th June 2005, 19:28   #4
BHPian

1. An amplifier is recommended, it will make your sound cleaner at all volumes and particularly when you push it up. You can get a decent Pioneer or Sony amp for Rs.5000.

2. For deciding the speaker brand, I would highly recommend you listen to all these brands before you decide and choose which sounds best to your ears. I don’t think soundstream and kicker make that hot speakers. Also not sure you will get components from Pioneer in India. You could also try Blau or Alpine or Polk audio.

3. You don’t need to drill holes in your car for a subwoofer….You can just have a subwoofer in a ported or sealed box in your trunk.

4. 3 way speakers will be just fine for you unless you like highs a lot in your music and your treble setting is always over 80% or max level. 4 way and 5 way speakers have additional tweeters and super tweeters and make music sound too harsh and bright.
Old 29th June 2005, 20:45   #5
BHPian

So,alpine and blaupunkt make excellent speakers eh?..my car audio dealer told me the age of Pioneer,JVC,Blau,etc. has gone..now,Kicker,MTX Audio and Soudstream are doing very well because these make the best car speakers..
But,I'm sure Team-bhp people are the experts,so,might as well go with opinions from you all at team bhp.
I heard there is some official Blaupunkt car audio store somewhere in Mumbai..anyone has any idea about this store?

Suraj
Old 29th June 2005, 23:04   #6
Team-BHP Support

well if you are looking at MTX and Soundstream you could also look at ADS, Boston, MB Quart, Focal, etc.

These brands have been around in the US for eons. it is only now that they are easily available in india.

They might be more expensive than Alpine, Blau, and JBL though.
Old 29th June 2005, 23:16   #7
Team-BHP Support

for ideas on your front components see http://www.caraudio.com/vb/showthread.php?t=105067

and

http://www.caraudio.com/vb/showthread.php?t=104966

Last edited by navin : 29th June 2005 at 23:18.
Old 29th June 2005, 23:20   #8
Team-BHP Support

and this tutorial might help a bit too.
http://www.caraudio.com/vb/showthread.php?t=90412
Old 30th June 2005, 01:06   #9
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Blaupunkt official store is there at Opera House. Its a small shop & you've to look out for that.
Old 30th June 2005, 10:22   #10
Team-BHP Support

going north to south (actually in this case you will be travelling west to east) as you come down the fly over from hughes road cross the signal and go straight do not turn right towards charni road as a lot fo the traffic does. it is the 3rd or 4th small shop on the right. there is a lady running it. if you are nice to her she will offer you a discount. she did to me when i was doing my research only i got alpine instead.
Old 3rd July 2005, 11:14   #11
BHPian

navin,thanks a lot for all those caraudio.com threads..really helpful,especially the Speaker FAQs thread !
Alright,well,now,I am on a budget of Rs40,000 for entire audio system for the car.
Could you guys please advise entire audio system layout/setup which I should go in for.
Thanks,
Suraj

Last edited by srasania : 3rd July 2005 at 11:17.
Old 3rd July 2005, 11:16   #12
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by srasania
Could you guys please advise entire audio system layout/setup which I should go in for.
Thanks,
Suraj

eh? we've answered al your questions and you are asking the same question again - looks like you have no clue what you want
Old 3rd July 2005, 11:28   #13
BHPian

ajmat - just was asking for this budget exactly what kind of component system can i get??..I am a novice in audio setup stuff..like should I go in for 2 components - separate for front/rear..or single front component,with rear co-axials,..because a few car accessories dealers told me to go in for front as well as rear components..
also,whether 2 way or 3 way components..
as you rightly said ajmat - I certainly don't have any clue as to what I want right now --..everything just goes on the budget and team bhp expert opinions/suggestions.

Best,
Suraj
Old 3rd July 2005, 11:41   #14
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by srasania
as you rightly said ajmat - I certainly don't have any clue as to what I want right now --..everything just goes on the budget and team bhp expert opinions/suggestions.

Best,
Suraj
Ok
Lets start with basics

What kind of music do you listen to and how do you listen to it ?

More vocal / instrumental / hindi - look for component tweeter
Rap/ urbasn etc look for more component bass

If you are not so much of a musci buff - start with good quality three/gour way speakers in the rear + a good seat of front door speakers + a four channel amp. See how it goes - then add a sub /tweeters later
Old 3rd July 2005, 11:52   #15
Senior - BHPian

hey why dont u go in for a basic setup like ajmat sir said:
good rear speakers not components
good front speakers
4 channel amp
good head unit and cd changer if required.

wanna go more in terms of quality and higher budget
components in the front and back---2 way is good
a goos sub with a mono block amp for it.
4 channel amp
high end head unit
imporrted wiring kit

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks