Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2005, 14:43   #31
Team-BHP Support

i suspect that this is a rubber sheet orsomething but after the CCTB expereince I am ready for anything from this forum. I used to think I was the maddest.....sad but true...I am most definitely not in the same league as some others here.
Old 19th October 2005, 14:43   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
please please send the photo. Only rubber mounts?? this I want to see.
Ok OK wait for tomorrow since right now I am in office. only tomorrow it would be possible to put photos. or may be by evening (if photograph comes out good in dark)
Old 19th October 2005, 15:42   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker
@shobjit15, the system was put into the car before delivery by the dealer himself. He told me it was plug-and-play and the warranty is not voided by this.
Few Q's from a layman.
1. Do Maruti dealers stock Infinity's ?
2. For the system you mentioned, the only place where the audio system connects to the car's electricals is through the HU ?
3. Sam, this one is for you .. where in Kolkata can one get JBL/Infinity's ? I may need to check them out in a few months.
Old 19th October 2005, 15:56   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc
Few Q's from a layman.
1. Do Maruti dealers stock Infinity's ?
2. For the system you mentioned, the only place where the audio system connects to the car's electricals is through the HU ?
3. Sam, this one is for you .. where in Kolkata can one get JBL/Infinity's ? I may need to check them out in a few months.
1. Some do. Most do not. Infinity is a little more exclusive.
2. Hmm?? I dont understand the question.
3. Simple! Pick up an AUtocar and look at the back cover... you will find a JBL distributor for the East. Then they will guide you to the nearest dealer.
Old 19th October 2005, 16:21   #35
Team-BHP Support

2. No except the speakers most parts of the stereo system (Amps, HUs, Processors, active crossovers) are connected to the car's electrical system.
Old 19th October 2005, 16:44   #36
Senior - BHPian

Sam , thanks for your responses .. will check out the Ad

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
2. No except the speakers most parts of the stereo system (Amps, HUs, Processors, active crossovers) are connected to the car's electrical system.
So if one installs just a HU and 4 speakers , and does it from outside (i.e. not from the dealer) .. one just needs to make sure that the installer does not cut any wires when connecting the HU to avoid warranty issues .. is that right ?
Old 19th October 2005, 19:16   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Vivek,

The baleno rear openings are for a 6" round speaker. I assume you put in a small spacer tray that allows you to mount a 6X9. Thats is also an easy option. In fact that is what I have done in my lancer... lol
Does this not affect the bass? because won't the rear waves will be bouncing around within the tray and rear shelf instead of resonating within the entire trunk/boot space?
Old 19th October 2005, 23:21   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
So if one installs just a HU and 4 speakers... one just needs to make sure that the installer does not cut any wires when connecting the HU to avoid warranty issues .. is that right ?
absolutely right. any installer who cuts wires should be avoided.
Old 20th October 2005, 10:13   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
i suspect that this is a rubber sheet orsomething but after the CCTB expereince I am ready for anything from this forum. I used to think I was the maddest.....sad but true...I am most definitely not in the same league as some others here.
Come on Navin. I was just testing the speakers after installing it and let it be there. Not that this is a permanent arrangement.
Old 20th October 2005, 10:22   #40
Team-BHP Support

Vivek, I will never forget CCTB. My grandchildren will hear about it even if they dont understand it. Thanks for the memories! LOL
Old 20th October 2005, 13:01   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord
I have the stock round rear speakers on my Vxi. If I decide to put in oval 6"x9", does it involve cutting the rear deck metal? How difficult is this job, and how do I ensure against rattles?
@filcord,

What are the HU and speaker models on your stock VXi ?
How good/bad is the stock system ?
Old 20th October 2005, 14:19   #42
BHPian

Quote:
@filcord,

What are the HU and speaker models on your stock VXi ?
How good/bad is the stock system ?
The Vxi comes with Kenwood speakers and a Kenwood cassette radio. Got the HU exchanged for a Pioneer 4750 MP3 player, and kept the original speakers.

The sound is not too bad, it lacks a bit of bass, which is why I'm thinking of oval 6x9s at the back.
Old 21st October 2005, 03:32   #43
Senior - BHPian

Just put a small subwoofer in the back...the 6*9 will not be able to provide a lot of Bass or punch..
Old 22nd October 2005, 23:40   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffetfan
Just put a small subwoofer in the back...the 6*9 will not be able to provide a lot of Bass or punch..
Thanks Buffetfan, but would this be a single s/woofer fitted in a hole made in the rear deck or a s/woofer in it's own box placed in the trunk (something like Soomoku advertises)? I would prefer the latter if the sound is good, since it avoids cutting the rear deck.
Old 24th October 2005, 16:55   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek_pinkoo
Ok OK wait for tomorrow since right now I am in office. only tomorrow it would be possible to put photos. or may be by evening (if photograph comes out good in dark)
Oy Pinkoo... where are those photos?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks