Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2005, 11:38   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
Most Authorised dealers wont sell (with bill and warranty) duplicate stuff but I dont know any Authorised Pioneer dealers.
You see, if you buy something with a bill ad warranty and it's a fake, you can go to the cops and the consumer court. But without paperwork, you cant even prove you bought it...so

There are only authorised Pioneer service centres in India. It is a company decision to support and stick to the grey market only. If you ever see a Pioneer advertisement, you will never see a showroom address, only service centres. Wierd way of doin business.
Old 22nd July 2005, 12:11   #17
Team-BHP Support

many companies do this sort of business. it is shady and i think it is really unfair. one reason I dont recommend Pio. Wont untill they appoint and back up authorised dealers.

1. you sell a system (and pretend you did not)
2. you offer no warranty hence any poor workmanship does not cost you
3. you earn from service but if you cant fix something you can always claim it was official
i can go on......
Old 22nd July 2005, 12:11   #18
Team-BHP Support

many companies do this sort of business. it is shady and i think it is really unfair. one reason I dont recommend Pio. Wont untill they appoint and back up authorised dealers.

Dear Pioneer....
1. you sell a system (and pretend you did not)
2. you offer no warranty hence any poor workmanship does not cost you
3. you earn from service but if you cant fix something you can always claim it was official
i can go on......
Old 22nd July 2005, 15:25   #19
BHPian

Hi Folks

Just to let you know all that I have bought Sony CDX-F5710. I managed to convince my dad that we do not need a cassette player as well. But not before he made me promise him that I would convert any of his cassettes to CDs

I installed two 5.5 inch front speakers and two 6 inch rear ones.
The total amount I shelled out was Rs 10,000. I hope thats a fair deal....
Old 22nd July 2005, 15:29   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Fair enough.

Enjoy your music pal.
Old 22nd July 2005, 15:53   #21
Team-BHP Support

moving cassette (or LP) to CD is not that easy. You need a good sound card.
one place for more info are the forums on Hydrogenaudio.org
Old 22nd July 2005, 23:11   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Vivek do the guys selling you the stuff let you dig that deep. I dont know I have never entertained them.
They generally do not. In my case, I went with a couple of friends who knew the shopkeeper well. They went on and on with their small talk and I got a chance to get a good look from the slits in the side. My set looks good. Of course, I can never be completely sure. I just took a chance.
Old 25th July 2005, 11:02   #23
BHPian

Thanks Navin. I'll have a look at it.

The one feature I like in the Sony audio I bought is the DSO feature. It simulates speakers as if they are fitted on the dashboard instead of being fitted lower in the door and the sound quality is absolutely amazing.
Old 25th July 2005, 12:30   #24
Team-BHP Support

you pay for it, you listen to it, dont pay any attention to any dealer, friend, etc...trust your ears only.
Old 25th July 2005, 17:47   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shobhit15
The one feature I like in the Sony audio I bought is the DSO feature. It simulates speakers as if they are fitted on the dashboard instead of being fitted lower in the door and the sound quality is absolutely amazing.
Hey shobhit15,
I concur. Useful feature.

Guys, the Sony 5610 (my set) has this frequency feature in the setup option. Something to do with noice cancel or likes... Do not have the manual in hand otherwise I would have given exact details - options are off/75 Hz/125Hz (if my memory serves me right - could be wrong).
What is this for and at what setting should I keep this?
Also during setup, there is an option to set the db for various settings. What is this for. The db stands for the good ole decibels, I presume and beyond that I can not make head or tails of this feature.
Pray guide the lost sheep!

Cheers
Old 25th July 2005, 19:57   #26
Team-BHP Support

these look like SUB XO freq. or Low boost (if there is a db attached to this freq.).
Old 25th July 2005, 20:40   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xsailor
Hey shobhit15,
I concur. Useful feature.

Guys, the Sony 5610 (my set) has this frequency feature in the setup option. Something to do with noice cancel or likes... Do not have the manual in hand otherwise I would have given exact details - options are off/75 Hz/125Hz (if my memory serves me right - could be wrong).
What is this for and at what setting should I keep this?
Also during setup, there is an option to set the db for various settings. What is this for. The db stands for the good ole decibels, I presume and beyond that I can not make head or tails of this feature.
Pray guide the lost sheep!

Cheers
Below is what the features are for:

High-pass Filter: The front and rear preamp outputs have a selectable high-pass filter that may be set to 78Hz, 125Hz, or off.

Low-pass Filter: The subwoofer preamp outputs have a selectable low-pass filter that may be set to 78Hz, 125Hz, or off.

I am becoming an auto guru, in another 6 months time this should become like car audio advice from sam, navin and aseem
Old 25th July 2005, 22:01   #28
BHPian

Greek!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem
Below is what the features are for:

High-pass Filter: The front and rear preamp outputs have a selectable high-pass filter that may be set to 78Hz, 125Hz, or off.

Low-pass Filter: The subwoofer preamp outputs have a selectable low-pass filter that may be set to 78Hz, 125Hz, or off.

I am becoming an auto guru, in another 6 months time this should become like car audio advice from sam, navin and aseem
In englist, mate, in english

What do I do with the settings?
Coz I still haven't found what I was looking for....

Cheers
Old 25th July 2005, 22:17   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xsailor
In englist, mate, in english

What do I do with the settings?
Coz I still haven't found what I was looking for....

Cheers
Crossover (High-Pass Filter)
A built-in high-pass filter allows only frequencies above the crossover point to pass through. This filter may work with the speaker outputs, preamp outputs, or both.

Crossover (Low-Pass Filter)
A built-in low-pass filter allows only low frequencies to pass through. This filter may work with the speaker outputs (very rare), preamp outputs, or both.

So in your front and rear speakers you dont want to send low frequencies. As the front and rear speakers are not optimized to produce bass as a bass tube or woofer. So you dont allow such notes to be produced by them by choosing a frequency below which the signals are not sent to the speakeers.

Its opposite for the subwoofer. You dont want the woofer to try to produce treble or other notes and frequency that its not optimized for. So with your low pass filter you allow only low frequencies (bass) to goto the bass tube/woofer.

And never ever call yourself stupid again....

Old 25th July 2005, 23:41   #30
Team-BHP Support

well done aseem! I feel Sam will annoint you soon and my guess before i wake up tomorrow morning one of the moderators would have included your name on the title of this thread.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks