Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2009, 10:35   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arun1 View Post
I'm getting some stuff from the US.Benn waiting pretty long because of Diwali and all causing shipping delays.In the mean time I upgrade my tires and added sunfilm and am going to get me some leather :-)
I don't think the hazard switch would be much of a problem.If it absolutely has to be removed because of your HU,I don't think it would come to that though even with a 2 DIN one,there should be other ways of implementing it,it's just a switch after all.
Anyways,here's a pic from Magmas thread.I'm going for a one Din Clarion 785 USB so I don't think there will be a problem.
Hope that helps.

Hey bro, here is a pic of the integrated HU from my i10 Sportz.

Ice for my i10,2 Front+1Sub Setup,Budget Rs.65k+-dsc00792.jpg

If you compare this pic with Magma's i10 magna, you see clearly see that in the Magna there is a clock above the HU and the Hazard switch is right below the 2-din slot and its all cool there. BUT.........the clock as well as the hazard switch are a part/one piece of the entire dash-kit consisting of the A/C blowers as well. Plus i am told that the rear-frame holding the after-market HU in ERA/MAGNA is different from the one we get in sportz/asta.

Now if you see the integrated HU pic from my car. you will notice that the clock is a part of the HU display and the Hazard switch is also a part of the integrated HU which in turn in a part of the dashkit consisting of A/c blowers. Soo clearly the dashkit for the magna and sportz is different. And lastly i am told that the frame holding this stock HU in the sportz may be of no use to install an aftermarket HU.

Now what i want to know is that is it possible to fit the entire dashkit (like in magma's car) of the magna into the sportz soo that one can easily install an after-market Hu? I found out with a couple of Hyundai dealerships and they are not really helpful in getting the Magna dashkit/frame/clock/hazard switch for me. Heck they don't even know if the Hazard switch connector/clock connector/HU connector is different or the same in Magna and Sportz.
Old 24th October 2009, 11:24   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arun1 View Post
I don't think the hazard switch would be much of a problem.If it absolutely has to be removed because of your HU,I don't think it would come to that though even with a 2 DIN one,there should be other ways of implementing it,it's just a switch after all.
Anyways,here's a pic from Magmas thread.I'm going for a one Din Clarion 785 USB so I don't think there will be a problem.
Hope that helps.
Arun, clarion 785 USB is a very good head-unit for the price. and me too planning on a single-din HU for my i10 sportz. Fixing a single/double din is really not an issue at all if we can procure and install the Magna dash-kit successfully. Even you will need to get this dash-kit for your car. IIRC, you also own a Sportz variant of the i10 right?
Old 24th October 2009, 18:53   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85 View Post
Now what i want to know is that is it possible to fit the entire dashkit (like in magma's car) of the magna into the sportz soo that one can easily install an after-market Hu?
The clock cannot be retained. But if the adaptor is not available from the company, the hazard light switch and the Aux-in can be retained while making a custom fascia to accommodate the after-market head unit in the space above. The factory AUX-in can be re-routed to the after-market head unit if the head unit supports AUX in.
Old 24th October 2009, 20:49   #19
BHPian

@prince85
Yeah looking at the pics the era and the Sportz seem to be slightly different but I think B&Tji speaks from experience on working on an i10 and him saying its doable is reassuring.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks