Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2011, 23:33   #436
Senior - BHPian

re: Ford Fiesta S: Eclipse, XBL2 and NOW WITH HORNS!

Guys, I was SICK of looking for a dashkit in India. It's a SUPER cheap part but Ford A.sSes HONESTLY don't know what it is (it's called a radio bezel in their lingo) and those that knew it, said they didn't have it in stock and it has to be ordered SPECIALLY.
One even said that he would procure one from a car in the stockyard for a CHEEKY Rs. 1100. I was SHOCKED.
Another deterrent was the black colour casing. I wanted the international one since it was silver in colour and would give a slightly more modern look.
Didn't hesitate. Just ordered one from Uk (Our's is Mk5 Ford Fiesta in UK, 2006 model) and lo and behold. 4 days. It's here!! Fitted it. Good plush, tight, neat and perfect fit.
Pics to demonstrate quality.

Compare the pics to this earlier kit
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Fiesta S: Eclipse, XBL2 and NOW WITH HORNS!-20111215_174321-desktop-resolution.jpg  

Ford Fiesta S: Eclipse, XBL2 and NOW WITH HORNS!-20111215_174031-desktop-resolution.jpg  

Ford Fiesta S: Eclipse, XBL2 and NOW WITH HORNS!-ct24fd28.jpg  

Last edited by Technocrat : 16th December 2011 at 01:56. Reason: corrected image size.
Old 24th December 2011, 14:42   #437
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Fiesta S: Eclipse, XBL2 and NOW WITH HORNS!

The car PC was a dream that I realized, and nurtured, and babied for a long time. The dream had materialized and was running very smooth till the Ford guys broke the touchscreen and derailed everything. The bubble was broken. The dream is over.

Cut to last week, and my new Eclipse CD7100 was installed. I always revered Eclipse head units and was fully aware of their abilities, but there comes a time when you start listening to music and you go WOW!
BAM, and suddenly you have goosebumps. This is the first time that I am running active with a head unit (earlier, it was with a car PC) and it suddenly dawned on me that yes, the versatility of a car PC can never be doubted, but when a head unit sounds like THIS, you just don't miss the car PC.

I am totally blown away by the quality (build quality as well as sound quality) of this thing. YES, it did cost me a lot of money (indian customs!!! ) to get it down to India, and yes, I did have to spend a lot of time without music in my car after the PC was dismantled. But I am SO happy with the sound from this unit that I almost cried the other day (not exaggerating)
Well, the bass section needs SPECIAL mention. The car PC did not have great bass management, but HELL, this dual sub setup iS SOO GOOD! The Adire Kodas are the best subs I have owned till date. This subwoofer just sings. AND HOW! Honestly, the horns are the best part of the setup, but you need something as good to complement them. And the Adire Kodas are mind blowingly musical. Digging deep, reaching out high, they just do everything in so much style!

Thanks to Ajay (bass&trouble) for mobilizing labour for me within a day and having it installed without any untoward events. His installation is par excellence, and his tuning is godly (he hasn't tuned it yet, since we finished later in the day and I promised to meet him later next week for tuning and final touches)

Some photos. This is the BEST my car has ever sounded till date. And rightly so.

Eclipse CD7100
Illusion CH1
Dynaudio MW160GT
Dual Adire Koda 10s in sealed enclosures
Morel Tempo
DLS A3
DLS A2
Clarion DPX11551
Monster XLN Pro RCAs

Pictures
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Fiesta S: Eclipse, XBL2 and NOW WITH HORNS!-20111217_195105.jpg  

Ford Fiesta S: Eclipse, XBL2 and NOW WITH HORNS!-20111217_195120.jpg  

Ford Fiesta S: Eclipse, XBL2 and NOW WITH HORNS!-20111217_204148.jpg  

Ford Fiesta S: Eclipse, XBL2 and NOW WITH HORNS!-20111217_204157.jpg  

Ford Fiesta S: Eclipse, XBL2 and NOW WITH HORNS!-20111217_204205.jpg  

Ford Fiesta S: Eclipse, XBL2 and NOW WITH HORNS!-20111217_233553.jpg  

frankmehta is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th February 2012, 21:41   #438
Senior - BHPian

Shaking up some things here. Surprise coming soon...
frankmehta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2012, 15:45   #439
BHPian

It never ends,does it Frank ?
Amey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2012, 10:34   #440
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amey View Post
It never ends,does it Frank ?
I don't own BMWs and Souped up Lancers and Getz CRdi's like other RICH people on this forum, but yes, I try my best to entertain myself within my means.

As for the new upgrade, my Dynaudio Mids are still in the car. Best mids i've ever owned. In fact my setup sounds the best it ever has, but I am trying something different.

Waiting for a package from a certain Scott Buwalda to touch down on Friday.
Old 16th February 2012, 16:49   #441
Senior - BHPian

And.......... the doors have been opened. LITERALLY.
Installation of the new midbasses has begun. An update in some time.
Old 16th February 2012, 18:21   #442
BHPian

There is no end to ICEing your car !!! literally this comes to reality with your thread.

Lets just see if you are gonna stop here with the midbass upgrade or it will turn out to be an entirely new ICE Thread overall.
invincible7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2012, 20:03   #443
Senior - BHPian

I have now installed the new Hybrid Legatia L6 midbasses. They are now doing duty in my doors and the Dynaudio MW160GTs have been removed. I had low expectations while installing them since they were replacing legendary speakers that has the whole world at it's feet.
A few moments of listening, and only word can describe these mids: Brutal. It's like a Jekyll and Hyde thing going on in the car, since these mids do a fantastic job at producing the finest detail, yet when it comes to kicking in those poor doors of mine, do a stellar job and (literally) kick the Dynaudios' arse. Not kidding. I am super thankful to Ajay (Bass&Trouble) who finally managed to tune my system for me. His installers do a fantastic job at installing every new component I get and then he tunes it for me every single time. It's only some time that I shall be barred from entering Four Seasons Audio now :-P
Old 19th February 2012, 22:30   #444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
Waiting for a package from a certain Scott Buwalda to touch down on Friday.
I was guessing/hoping that you might try the Exodus EX-Anarchy's.

I say "hoping" because I have a pair sitting at home waiting to be installed How deep are the L6's? Pics?
CrackedHead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2012, 22:56   #445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
I have now installed the new Hybrid Legatia L6 midbasses. They are now doing duty in my doors and the Dynaudio MW160GTs have been removed. I had low expectations while installing them since they were replacing legendary speakers that has the whole world at it's feet.
A few moments of listening, and only word can describe these mids: Brutal. It's like a Jekyll and Hyde thing going on in the car, since these mids do a fantastic job at producing the finest detail, yet when it comes to kicking in those poor doors of mine, do a stellar job and (literally) kick the Dynaudios' arse. Not kidding. I am super thankful to Ajay (Bass&Trouble) who finally managed to tune my system for me. His installers do a fantastic job at installing every new component I get and then he tunes it for me every single time. It's only some time that I shall be barred from entering Four Seasons Audio now :-P
Congratulations franky, very brave of you to move from the legendary dyn. Will be waiting for pics. BTQ, how did you manage to shoehorn a 7.1" Hybrid Audio Legatia driver in the Fiesta door?

Last edited by prince85 : 19th February 2012 at 23:05.
prince85 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2012, 11:10   #446
Senior - BHPian

Hi there. Didn't manage to take pictures, since I wasn't there when the mids were being mounted.
Also, yes, when the Dyns were removed, they had to fabricate new mounting rings, after which the mids fitted. There was no discomfort about the size and (I feel) an 8" midbass can also fit, if it has a decent mounting depth.
Dunno about the 8, must ask Ajay about it.
Old 20th February 2012, 12:26   #447
BHPian

Congrats Frankie Boy....how much power are the mids getting now and I believe you just got the midbasses changed.

Ahh and yes time for you to update your signature.. Dyns still showing in there.
invincible7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2012, 12:23   #448
Senior - BHPian

Guys I have dismantled the entire, precious equipment from the car and sold the Eclipse CD7100 for slightly 'greener' pastures. Just thought I'll update you'll!
Old 20th September 2012, 22:38   #449
Senior - BHPian

Bid farewell to the car last week. In the mean time, this happened!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...automatic.html

Closing thread guys. Opening a new thread soon. The excitement continues guys. There's a new head unit in the offing!
Old 20th September 2012, 23:26   #450
Senior - BHPian

Thread Closed on Request
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks