Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2010, 02:39   #106
BHPian

what cost of Alpine 100EUB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritayan View Post
I just got this Alpine CDE 100 USB Today for my Wagon R replacing the JVC

Attachment 296358

what was the cost? somebody mentioned Rs 5500/- in another thread. i am getting for rs 5800/-. howz the SQ? which speakers
Old 1st March 2010, 09:46   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkunaldas View Post
what was the cost? somebody mentioned Rs 5500/- in another thread. i am getting for rs 5800/-. howz the SQ? which speakers
I only picked it up for Rs 5500 as it was a bundled offer and my friend picked up the speakers. If you ar getting for Rs 5800 with B/w it is a good price. The SQ is good, usage simple a huge jump from my JVC and compatiable to thr Clarion in my older car.

You are in Noida if you want a audition I am in the visinity give me a pm.
Old 4th March 2010, 14:40   #108
BHPian

Kenwood X 993 : Costed me USD 250.

Image sourced from Sonic Electronics.
Attached Thumbnails
What Head unit does your car have?-kdcx993.jpg  

Old 1st April 2010, 13:02   #109
BHPian

^^

Me too ! Me too ! x993

Isnt it such a lovely HU. Has ALL the features one can ask for.
Extremely stylish, great sound.

The only gripe can be the non-intutive menu and controls on the HU, but the well laid out remote makes it a non-issue. Totally worth the money.
Old 1st April 2010, 18:09   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigbarai View Post
^^

Me too ! Me too ! x993

Isnt it such a lovely HU. Has ALL the features one can ask for.
Extremely stylish, great sound.

The only gripe can be the non-intutive menu and controls on the HU, but the well laid out remote makes it a non-issue. Totally worth the money.
Really is a total VFM HU - Absolutley worth every penny paid.
SQ is class apart from other HU's in its price range. Quite nice tunning options too. and the best part - The Display - uber cool

Ofcourse i have the X693 (X993-Bluetooth) which was brought at price lesser than 150$
Old 2nd April 2010, 23:46   #111
BHPian

I bought a Kenwood kdc 6043u after some study. This is probably the first unit bought WITH study. In the past, I bought casually, trusting that the product has passed through several revisions and is now a commodity best bought based on brand history, aesthetic preferences. I expect low performance, given that the listening environment is, to say the least, compromised.

After realising that the HU is neither a commodity nor is the brand history a reliable basis for purchase decision following two bad experiences at the vendors, I decided to study a little and pinpoint where my previous units had disappointed me. The vendors were of not much help, sharing the same expertise as that found in most establishments the world over. Shopped in Singapore or LA, and my eyes glazed over listening to the guff from the sales staff. Turning to the forums I treaded carefully, as lay person/nooby enquiries directed at the gurus led to gruff "use the search function" responses. I googled the international discussions for a broad overview and then switched to local forums for India specific scenarios.

After wading through multi page threads , I got the sense that Pioneer was running second place to Kenwood in the midrange price bracket, and was competing head to head (holding its own) with Alpine, Kenwood (Nak, Mac and Clarion being unavailable) in the high end market.

This was confirmed when I reached a post where Navin Sir encapsulated the same views in a single sentence! However, he used the word SQ, to describe the deciding factor differentiating the superior choice, which puzzled me, because a comment on DIYMA spoke about a person who reverted back to a Pio 4190 in place of a 5250 (a unit I had zeroed in on) because he lost a few features that allowed him to adjust treble! In other words, the SQ remained the same, but the feature set had dipped!

Since the 6043 had better adjustment features, I plonked my money down for the 6043. Quite happy with the results, but a new problem has arisen. The aux-in and USB port encouraged me to switch from cd's to flash memory based media. Now I have a hard time scanning through tracks on the latter. Short term solution, I connected my netbook ( third buy, after learning from two bad experiences, and with features I now know I need!) with multitouch, touchscreen and non-crippled processor, to the aux-in and am living with less SQ, but with great track control! Next on my wishlist, a HU with a touchscreen interface: what's the use of great sound if you can't find that killer track!

In the above exploration, I read up extensively on EQs and x-overs and passive and active setups. After thinking over the matter, track navigation still takes priority and I'd rather put my money in a good userfriendly interface!!!! Any suggestion for a good HU with touchscreen interface? Thanks in advance.

(PS My bad purchases usually end up in friends' possession, as resale is a lose-lose option!).

Last edited by proton : 2nd April 2010 at 23:53. Reason: inserted "casually"
Old 3rd April 2010, 02:36   #112
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by proton View Post
I
This was confirmed when I reached a post where Navin Sir encapsulated the same views in a single sentence!
Now that must have been a rare occasion. I am more often accused of making simple explanations, complex and poor Sam Kapasi has had to convert stuff into English.

Quote:
(PS My bad purchases usually end up in friends' possession, as resale is a lose-lose option!).
you must hafve lots of friends

That said when it comes to navigating though play lists and song lists, todays' HU are far better than the one from 3-4 years back. however they are still not what one would expect then to be. One option is to to add a device like Harman Drive+Play to an existing system.

I expect it will be a few years before the HUs have the same ease of navigation of Apple's ipod. Pio 3200/3250 or 4200/4250 HUs are not bad though and neither are the new Alpines but there is still plenty of room for improvement.
Old 3rd April 2010, 12:20   #113
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinu2506 View Post
I have a JVC AVX800 on my Civic.
do u have any high red pics of the same i want to see if its way too angeled out in the car. even i am planning but what to do if the stereo does not have tilt function. i am in 2 minds now. does yours tilt out ?
Old 3rd April 2010, 12:30   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
do u have any high red pics of the same i want to see if its way too angeled out in the car. even i am planning but what to do if the stereo does not have tilt function. i am in 2 minds now. does yours tilt out ?
This snap should give you an idea. In the Civic, its is perfectly angled and its rightly postioned in terms of height as well. I would highly recommend it. I have a tilt function in the HU but I don't use it because the mounting angle itself is perfect.
Attached Thumbnails
What Head unit does your car have?-147_4711.jpg  

Old 3rd April 2010, 12:48   #115
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinu2506 View Post
This snap should give you an idea. In the Civic, its is perfectly angled and its rightly postioned in terms of height as well. I would highly recommend it. I have a tilt function in the HU but I don't use it because the mounting angle itself is perfect.
can you watch a movie from passenger seat from that angle at all ?
Old 3rd April 2010, 12:53   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
can you watch a movie from passenger seat from that angle at all ?
Yes, you can. But I have only tried it and not watched a full movie. Higher authorities do not permit it
Old 4th April 2010, 00:58   #117
BHPian

My response in Bold:

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Now that must have been a rare occasion. I am more often accused of making simple explanations, complex and poor Sam Kapasi has had to convert stuff into English.

My second child is also cixelsid!

you must hafve lots of friends

The natural outcome of my actions!

That said when it comes to navigating though play lists and song lists, todays' HU are far better than the one from 3-4 years back. however they are still not what one would expect then to be. One option is to to add a device like Harman Drive+Play to an existing system.

Or opt for this:

Car audio technology, even F1 level, is obsolete compared to modern signal processing software, studio grade hardware, etc. The only car audio products I've seen that at least offer some semblance of modern signal processing tech are Alpine H-650 (many find the auto-tune problematic, but at least it has 512 band FIR filters per channel) and JBL MS-8 (unknown how effective it is or what kind of filter technology was used).

Everything else is pretty much just the same old same old, 30+ years old IIR equalization and time delay technology, repackaged with cooler and cooler interfaces every 5 years...

sound quality at the end of a night... well built pc or high end headunit - DIYMA.com

I expect it will be a few years before the HUs have the same ease of navigation of Apple's ipod. Pio 3200/3250 or 4200/4250 HUs are not bad though and neither are the new Alpines but there is still plenty of room for improvement.
At least I still have the chops to throw together a high end PC (did a Turtle Beach Soundcard rig for studio work, the components of which are selected for their sonic acceptability from the mass produced batch or so Turtle Beach claimed, or is this the copper chassis type hype again! ) and shoehorn a blu ray drive into the setup!!!!
Old 4th April 2010, 10:24   #118
Senior - BHPian

I have the Pioneer 5250 Head Unit and it's really great . It has got 3 Rc outs and music browser and serves my purpose well.Love the way it looks also. Have it on my new Swift.
Old 4th April 2010, 23:58   #119
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
My response in Bold:
Car audio technology, even F1 level, is obsolete compared to modern signal processing software,.....
While the DSPs of a current HU are not much different from those of HUs sold 5-7 years ago, current HUs offer far better ipod navigation. Where the Drive+Play helps is in Navigation of ipods, where products like the Alpine H650 help is in processing. Processing and Navigation are 2 very different and unrelated issues. dbiegel (on DIYMA) was only refering to proessing.
Old 5th April 2010, 00:09   #120
Senior - BHPian

I have a Caska in my CR-V

What Head unit does your car have?-main-menu.jpg

Details : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/produc...hu-my-crv.html

Last edited by AbhiJ : 5th April 2010 at 00:12.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks