Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2009, 11:47   #136
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post
Guess the above model wont work with Sub output to 360.Just found this while reading through the manual
Will it work?
the fullrange sub out you need is from the HU not from the 360. The 360 will give you LP/HP/BP out usnig the sub channel (in fullrange mode).

Quote:
Head: Clarion DXZ785USB
Amp 1: Blaupunkt GTA 480 (75W RMS x 4) 50-250HZ - HPF/LPF
Amp 2: Clarion APX 4361 (90W RMS x 4) 55-550HZ - HPF/LPF
Amp 3: RF Prime 500.1 Mono (500W RMS x 1 @ 2 ohm)
Processor: RF 3sixty.2
Front Compos: Hertz ESK 163L (125W RMS x 2)
Rear Coax: Hertz ECX 165 (70W RMS x 2)
Sub: 2 x 10" Blaupunkt Velocity (2 x 200 W RMS @ 2 + 2 ohm)

Concept:
Will this be fine?, If yes, i can proceed with buying the equipments
Concept: You have 2 concpets you can use.
1. run the mid and tweeter from the 360.2 and have 30 bands of EQ on these components
2. run the mid and tweeter from the HU and be able to time align them while sitting in the cabin

I prefer the later, Invisible prefes the former. Both both are do-able.

Other than the Blau amp (it is not as clean as say an Infinity or JL etc...) and the Blau subs (there are better 10" subs) I think you are ok.

If yo ask me, I'd get ID subs instead of the Blau subs and get another Clarion 4361 instead of the Blau 480 (the 480 is quite grainy for a systme of this quality and the fact that the Hertz tweeter has a very extended top end).

Infact I would get the Clarion 11551 (Frank metha got one) over the RF 500.1 too.

SO since you have the 480 think about replacing that when you can but instead of gettting the RF500.1 see if you can get the 11551 (is has been discontinued so should be avaiable on sale) instead and replace teh Blau subs with ID dual 4 ohm subs. This way the amp will see 4 ohms (4 coils in series/parallel). If you want to pus hte amp to 2 ohms get the dual 2 ohms subs. ID subs are about $99 each. IDQ and ID Max are more expensive. If you can afford $150 subs get the IDQ.

Last edited by navin : 10th October 2009 at 11:49.
Old 10th October 2009, 12:23   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
Everything looks good. If you can replace the blaupunkt amp will be good.. May be in fututre. Can you put up the t/s parameters of the sub?
Thanks Invinsible and Navin,

Probl'y i'll plonk the Balu Amp into swift then.

If i can a get a good sale, i'd pick up the clarion 11551. But it pumps close to 850RMS from a 4 ohm load. Real monster i'd say.Not sure if a small hatch can take something like that.

I've too heard very good reviews about the Id's. I ll see if someone can carry it for me or is it available in India? Price range ?

Last edited by Mi10 : 10th October 2009 at 12:24. Reason: typo
Old 10th October 2009, 12:41   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Probl'y i'll plonk the Balu Amp into swift then.
Balu amp?? you meant blau i suppose!!
Old 10th October 2009, 12:44   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Balu amp?? you meant blau i suppose!!
Really, i say
Old 10th October 2009, 12:50   #140
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
If i can a get a good sale, i'd pick up the clarion 11551. But it pumps close to 850RMS from a 4 ohm load. Real monster i'd say.Not sure if a small hatch can take something like that.
ID - Gunbir used to carry them
Clarion - Frank got his for under $200. PM him.
Old 10th October 2009, 16:53   #141
naughty001

Quote:
run the mid and tweeter from the HU and be able to time align them while sitting in the cabin
whichever speaker is where does not really matter because you will be able to adjust those from the cabin, the only difference is that you can do adjustments to the headunit settings on the move and on the fly whereas with the rockford you cannot set any settings by going to the back, the only means of controlling the rockford is with a laptop or windows mobile based palm PDA or with a windows mobile based smartphone that allows you to install apps and any of those choices need bluetooth connectivity

bluetooths range AFAIK is around 10 metres, so you will still be able to set the 360.2's parameters seated in the vehicle but you will not be able to do this IMHO whilst the vehicle is on the move but it is still adjusted whilst seated at the listening position with the vehicle stopped

besides i wouldnt want to be doing any major adjustments to anything whilst the vehicle is on the move. To my eternal shame i have attempted to reset crossover settings whilst driving which led to police officers actually stopping me to check if i was drunk ... hence never again. It is as bad as trying to text someone using a qwerty keyboard on your mobile phone while driving ie your attention is not on the road nor is your concentration on controlling the vehicle but in trying to multitask in this manner you do both tasks sub optimally and endanger other road users - so major setting adjustments should be best left for adjustment sessions in your garage or parking bay at home

Last edited by naughty001 : 10th October 2009 at 16:57.

Old 10th October 2009, 19:59   #142
Senior - BHPian

In addition to what Navin and Naughty has mentioned dump the blau amp, pick the Clarion or Alpine or even MBQuart (complete VFM). Clarion Monos are good, quite efficient, they also have a mono which does 850 in 2ohms. Having more headroom in terms of power is good. In regards to subs both ID and IDQ subs are good choice. ID and IDQ have almost similar freq response curve, ID's will be just a wee bit louder. There other sub I would recommend like Dayton HF 10", FiQ, and the other one I strongly suggest is Shiva-x from Exodus at diycable.com. It's a 12", very efficient can handle 1000rms, comes with XBL^2, a single 12" will be good in 1.25cu.ft. But than again all these are available is US. If you can get one of these will be good.

Cheers!
Old 11th October 2009, 09:37   #143
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by naughty001 View Post
the only difference is that you can do adjustments to the headunit settings on the move and on the fly

To my eternal shame i have attempted to reset crossover settings whilst driving which led to police officers actually stopping me to check if i was drunk ... hence never again.
1. my mistake - i meant on the fly.
2. ashamedly I too was once questioned by a mumbai cop. he thought I was sending SMSes while driving. I had just picked up my car from the service center and for some reason the (XO and TA) settings were not retained by the HU. when he saw it was an old man (the prequisite of having grey hair and sagging skin) just "trying to find a song on the stereo" he let me go

Quote:
There other sub I would recommend like Dayton HF 10", FiQ, and the other one I strongly suggest is Shiva-x from Exodus at diycable.com.
THe Dayton is a nice sub. Dayton makes some real nice VFM drivers.
Old 11th October 2009, 11:44   #144
Senior - BHPian

Guru's

Who do you rate subs from RF, Alpine, Cerwin Vega Stroker series and MTX ?

Comparable to ID's of the same price bracket?

Also, the DPX-1151 is now priced closed to 400$ any cheaper alternative. I may need close to 400-600 RMS in 4 ohm load

Last edited by Mi10 : 11th October 2009 at 11:46. Reason: typo
Old 11th October 2009, 11:49   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Everything looks good. If you can replace the blaupunkt amp will be good.. May be in fututre. Can you put up the t/s parameters of the sub?
Following are the specs of the velocity Sub:
Vw 800

Maximum power
Nominal power handling (Watt): 200
Maximum power handling (Watt): 800
Frequency response (Hz) -10 dB: 40-1.000
Efficiency (dB / Watt / 1m): 86
Efficiency (dB / 2,83 V / 1m): 89
Nominal impedance (Ohm): 2x2

Woofer
Total height (mm): 104
Installation depth (mm): 92
Panel thickness (mm): 12
Diameter installation hole (mm): 178,5
Diameter cut out (mm): 197
Outer measurements (mm): 210
Material loudspeaker basket: Steel
Colour loudspeaker basket: transparent black
Diameter membrane (mm): 200
Membrane material: Injected PP
Membrane form: Cone
Membrane colour: black
Beading material: Rubber
Size voice coil (mm): 50
Material voice coil body: Kapton
Wire material voice coil: Copper
Vented voice coil: Yes
Magnet material: Ferrite
Extended pole core (EXP): Yes
Vented pole core: Yes
Detachable magnet caps: Yes
Connection type: Clamp
Surface material: Silver
Thiele-Small-Parameter fs (Hz): 41
Thiele-Small-Parameter Qts: 0,5
Thiele-Small-Parameter Qes: 0,57
Thiele-Small-Parameter Qms: 4,3
Thiele-Small-Parameter Vas (l): 23
Thiele-Small-Parameter Xmax (mm): +/- 5

General
Diameter (mm): 200
Number of lines: 1
Technology: passive
Category: Loud speakers
System: Subwoofer

Accessories included in delivery
Mounting material: Yes
Old 11th October 2009, 21:41   #146
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thiele-Small-Parameter fs (Hz): 41
Thiele-Small-Parameter Qts: 0,5
Thiele-Small-Parameter Qes: 0,57
Thiele-Small-Parameter Qms: 4,3
Thiele-Small-Parameter Vas (l): 23
Thiele-Small-Parameter Xmax (mm): +/- 5
Diameter (mm): 200
I assume diameter is cone dia not basket dia.
the 5mm Xmax is rather small.
Old 12th October 2009, 19:51   #147
Senior - BHPian

RE Audio ?

How are these RE audio Subs.
This one seems to be really hard to believe VFM : RE Audio SX10D2 10" 1,000 Watts RMS Dual Voice Coil 2 OHM Car Audio Subwoofer
Old 12th October 2009, 22:10   #148
naughty001

Quote:
How are these RE audio Subs.
This one seems to be really hard to believe VFM : RE Audio SX10D2 10" 1,000 Watts RMS Dual Voice Coil 2 OHM Car Audio Subwoofer
if those are cheap it is because the RE audio range is changing, the SX series is due to become the SXx series

i am going to purchase the REx series 10 inchers when they arrive here to my country, i am currently patiently awaiting their arrival and IMHO the value for money from those is unparalleled because they are "cheap as chips"and they need so small enclosures that they could fit in an enclosure size normally reserved for one subwoofer and they need so little power to run

if you have an amp strong enough for the SX series then i say go for it, because i have heard the SR series extensively and those are amongst the best subwoofers i have listened to as yet

Old 13th October 2009, 00:12   #149
Senior - BHPian

RE subs are generally good performers. They do have good low down extension. There are many that can perform good in smaller enclosure at .50 cu.ft like SSA icon, Fi Q, Ascadent audio, RE audio. However I would look for a sub that has better low end freq. extension in 20s(hz) or even 10s and has an upper extension between 50-60hz and 90hz above 0db level; which can perform low, tight and loud and those that have higher efficiency. Some that can fall in this category are Shiva-x, Dayton HF 10", Dayton HO 15", upcoming SI BM MKIII 12".
Surprisingly Dayton HO 15" inspite being 15" can work very well in 1cu.ft. It can sound low and tight.

Lay down your budget Mi10 on subs, most importantly. Also, how much boot space are you willing to sacrifice? This can help in decide which sub will be the right choice.
Old 13th October 2009, 08:45   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
RE subs are generally good performers. They do have good low down extension. There are many that can perform good in smaller enclosure at .50 cu.ft like SSA icon, Fi Q, Ascadent audio, RE audio. However I would look for a sub that has better low end freq. extension in 20s(hz) or even 10s and has an upper extension between 50-60hz and 90hz above 0db level; which can perform low, tight and loud and those that have higher efficiency. Some that can fall in this category are Shiva-x, Dayton HF 10", Dayton HO 15", upcoming SI BM MKIII 12".
Surprisingly Dayton HO 15" inspite being 15" can work very well in 1cu.ft. It can sound low and tight.

Lay down your budget Mi10 on subs, most importantly. Also, how much boot space are you willing to sacrifice? This can help in decide which sub will be the right choice.
My bad, i should have properly read through the posts on "10 Risks before entering this forum" Every time you guys ask for budget, i know what is goin to happen

Anyways, here is my budget for the mono and the Sub: US $500 (25k INR)
I prefer a 8" or 10" sub. I would like to have atleast 60% of my boot space left. And i like good tight punchy bass...not the boom kinda stuff

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks