Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2009, 21:28   #1
BHPian

subwoofer enclosure for suzuki alto

hi people. i am new to team bhp. so please bare with my mistakes. i own a suzuki alto. my ice is as follows

1. head unit- sony explod CDX-GT660US
2. speakers- front-jvc
rear- sony explod 6x9
3. amplifier- panasound 4 channel
4. subwoofer- sony explod- 1200 watt-XS-L1202P5A
5. wiring- boss audio

the problem is that in the trunk of the car, the guy has installed a huge box which resides the subwoofer, 6x9 speakers and the amplifier.
i had sat in one of my friend's swift. he has installed the speakers on the tray and has put the subwoofer in a box in the trunk. his box is not of the usual cube type. he has a cuboid box which has a hole in it. on asking him he told me that he got it made by himself. in his car once can feel the base as well as listen to music clearly. the problem in my car is the i can just hear base, even after many adjustments.

friends i seriously need your help to improve ICE of my alto.

thanx
regards
S.I.N.G.H
Old 1st October 2009, 22:05   #2
BHPian

Hello K.I.N.G.

First lesson: bare = naked = nude. I am sure no T-Bhpians will bare with your mistakes here.

Second, here are possible solutions to your problems (try one, try all):

1. Put 'bass boost' off from your head unit and from your amplifier
2. If you have a manual for your subwoofer, try and post the technical details (aka T/S, or Thiele-Small parameters) here. That will help the gurus decide which kind of enclosure is best for your sub.
3. Think of getting rid of rear 6x9 ovals, if you feel your front speakers are capable enough. Are they components? If yes, then you don't need ovals in the rear (car's, I mean).

Cheers and hopefully you'll soon be on your way to feeling the bass as well enjoying the music.
Old 1st October 2009, 22:53   #3
BHPian

thank you so much for your reply on the post. i will try to improve my spellings. the front speakers are JVC. i would like to know what are components. secondly the problem is that i had bought a second hand subwoofer, so i dont have a manual. please help.
Old 1st October 2009, 23:07   #4
BHPian

Pictures

i am uploading some pictures of my car. i know its not something very great, but considering that i am still 17, its good for me for now!!
Attached Thumbnails
subwoofer enclosure for suzuki alto-image0102.jpg  

subwoofer enclosure for suzuki alto-image0103.jpg  

subwoofer enclosure for suzuki alto-image0104.jpg  

subwoofer enclosure for suzuki alto-image0106.jpg  

subwoofer enclosure for suzuki alto-image0107.jpg  

subwoofer enclosure for suzuki alto-image0108.jpg  

Old 1st October 2009, 23:25   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.N.G.H View Post

2. speakers- front-jvc
rear- sony explod 6x9
5. wiring- boss audio
Mr. Singh,

Your setup is descent but there are some issues here first you have to mention how the AMP is used to connect the sub, is it bridged? have you connected the Rear Coaxials to the Amp as well

Are your sure all your stuff is genuine? if yes the weakest link in the entire setup is your AMP and wiring kit.

Before you go for any changes to the ICE i suggest first you get rid to the box and get a tray installed for the coaxes and get a sealed enclosure for the sub, this will give you a lot of tight bass, see if that improves the setup, you can have this auditioned, before getting it.

For your question regarding components please refer to the link

Component speaker - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

BTW this is in wrong section, MODS please move this to the appropriate section

Pramod

Last edited by pramodkumar : 1st October 2009 at 23:40.
Old 1st October 2009, 23:35   #6
BHPian

hi pramod sir,
thank you sir for your reply. my rear speakers are on the amp. all my stuff is 100% genuine. please enlighten me about the setup.

thank you
SINGH
Old 2nd October 2009, 00:17   #7
Senior - BHPian

why do i have the feeling that his fronts have not been connected to the amp and its only the rears and the sub which is connected.

Is it that way S.I.N.G.H.
Old 2nd October 2009, 00:58   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
why do i have the feeling that his fronts have not been connected to the amp and its only the rears and the sub which is connected.

Is it that way S.I.N.G.H.
Abhinav, I think the front speakers might be 4 inch ones so they won't be connected to the amp, as per my understanding of the ICE. I may be wrong, but in my Xing, front speakers (4 inch) are powered by the HU.
Old 2nd October 2009, 01:08   #9
BHPian

yes abhinav, you are correct. the front 4'' jvc are on the head unit. and the rear are on the sub. should i get the jvc on the amp??
Old 2nd October 2009, 01:26   #10
BHPian

i have posted the pictures of my system. please suggest some changes!!
regards
Old 2nd October 2009, 02:03   #11
BHPian

I have seen SINGH's system and as per my observation the weakest link is the amp and wiring as Pramod Kumar has already pointed out.
The amp he's using is a desi panasound, I think an amp upgrade would provide the desired results.
Old 2nd October 2009, 10:09   #12
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.N.G.H View Post
2. speakers- front-jvc
rear- sony explod 6x9
5. wiring- boss audio
Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev View Post
I have seen SINGH's system and as per my observation the weakest link is the amp and wiring as Pramod Kumar has already pointed out.
Not really it is my belief that the weakest link are the front speakers.

Singhji, you probably have almost all the sound coming from the rear. This makes a lot of sense given the components you have as the current connections will give you the maximum bang for the buck.

That said, we at TBHP however consider other things more if not as important.

1. Sound stage
2. Tonal accuracy
3. Time Alignment
4. The "goosebump" feeling

We all have different goals. At 15 my goal was also to wake up the neighbourhood. A wall of 16 large speakers powered by 10 large amps (all assorted) did just that. I did not even know Phil Spector had already coined a phrase for what I was doing.

These pictures (not of my system) gives you an idea of what I was doing at 15 (1978).
http://www.dougronald.com/images/PB010011.JPG
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/48/10...02e74d20e0.jpg

If this is what you intend to do then what you have done so far is on the right track.

That said...remember that Sony is not known for quality speakers. THe speakers in your system front, rear and sub are the weakest link. Regardless of whether you intend to create a BOOM-BOOM system or one that atempts to recreate a plausible tonaly accurate, time aligned, soundstage.

1. upgrade front speakers to components: This might involve some modfications to the front doors
2. Upgrade subwoofer JBL, Ground Zero, etc.. make some pretty good subsoofers.
3. upgrade amps
4. if you hear engine whine, hiss, etc.. upgrade your wiring.
5. damp the front doors, rear hatch and floorboard.

Last edited by navin : 2nd October 2009 at 10:11.
Old 2nd October 2009, 10:54   #13
BHPian

Ice

regards to navin and maglev.

navin, the main problem is the budget, i have already spent around 22k on the ICE. this was funded by my dad. now the problem is that he is not ready to spend any more on it. so i'll have to do it by myself now. so according to you, should i start by upgrading to a tray in the boot with a box for the sub or continue with what i have in my boot and just replace the sub and other components ?

maglev, please help me with the upgrading of my amp. i wont be able to afford a new one. so instead i'll continue with my panasound and add on another branded second hand amp. what say?
Old 2nd October 2009, 11:33   #14
Senior - BHPian

SINGH: get rid of your "peti".. get a sealed enclosure of about 1.5 cu ft.for your sub.
mount your "ovals" on a mdf tray.

Recheck the gains on your amp, turn on HPF on the channels which are powering your ovals.
Old 2nd October 2009, 12:56   #15
Senior - BHPian

Navin, why are you trying to scare the children with Ramsay-brothers style pictures?

@S.I.N.G.H. (pretty long short form; what is the full form, by the way?): before you spend any more money, call Bhai LBM Singh Freedabadwale, or even our pyare Panky-ji, and ask him to tune your system (with *whatever* limitations your system has). Whoever wired your system knows less about tuning than the man who runs the amps for the Hindu Jia Band (Lajpatrai Market in front of Red Fort).

If you are still dissatisfied with your stuff after that, you will at least know what should be changed, and you will be able to plan for getting that with your own savings.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks