Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2009, 08:34   #31
Senior - BHPian

Yes, had a brief discussion with Satya regarding Amp and Sub during comp installation. He suggested to go for a different setup than JBL&GZ we discussed in this thread, may be something from Rockford!!. Approximate budget for the upgrade he told is 20-23K (Amp+Sub+Compact fib box+Wiring+Installation). Once finished total ICE cost will shoot to 40K+. As you know I started my SPARK ICE query in budget ICE for Spark thread!!!
Old 24th November 2009, 09:25   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Yes, had a brief discussion with Satya regarding Amp and Sub during comp installation. He suggested to go for a different setup than JBL&GZ we discussed in this thread, may be something from Rockford!!. Approximate budget for the upgrade he told is 20-23K (Amp+Sub+Compact fib box+Wiring+Installation). Once finished total ICE cost will shoot to 40K+. As you know I started my SPARK ICE query in budget ICE for Spark thread!!!
Are you going for the SPL or SQL setup? Get a good quality wiring done, make a lot of difference.

It will not take much time for the cost to go out of range. But in the end the quality and satisfaction is priceless.
Old 24th November 2009, 11:16   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
RF should be pretty good and yes the difference will be real huge. I too started looking out for a budget set up but spent more than 40K in the end. I already see you fitting 6.5" components to replace your 4" in the near future.
Old 27th November 2009, 08:33   #34
Senior - BHPian

Thinking of preponing the upgrade. IL4.1 sounds nice when I play Indian classical songs (vocal), but somehow misses the punch when I play club mixes/trance/d**ty rap. Tweeter is placed just next to the front speaker (front dash) using two side tape, is it the correct location?

Heading to EVO in the evening to discuss amp/sub upgrade, may even get it installed this weekend.. you never know!!
Old 27th November 2009, 11:29   #35
Senior - BHPian

What you are hearing is just the highs and the mids and what ever mid bass the 4" drivers can throw in. The punch will come with the sub. Get it done and then see the difference. But a question to you is that you still have polks on the MDF tray so is there no bass or what you call punch coming from it?
Old 27th November 2009, 11:43   #36
Senior - BHPian

Yes I still have the Polk 6x9 on the tray, and earlier DCX100 and Polk combination sounded nice when I play club mixes/trance. But the fader setting was R 3 then, now the setting is 0.

I shall try to finalise the equipments (amp&sub) with the help of Satya today and plan the installation soon.
Old 28th November 2009, 20:27   #37
BHPian

Latheesh, the bass in club mixes/trance is mostly in the 50-200 Hz region. The EL 4.1 drivers can play 200Hz+ as per specification. But I found them reasonably OK for bass notes varying from 150-200 Hz.

Now here is another thing that you'd most likely encounter when you get a Sub. Subs are mostly LPF'd at 80Hz, so in some tracks you'd feel a void in the bass (mid-bass to be exact). One of the tricks I tried to fill this void was setting the LPF on the sub to 120 Hz and setting the rear Polk co-axials to play to "Thru", i.e. no HPF.
Old 21st December 2010, 12:49   #38
BHPian

Re: SPARK ICE - Going out of my budget

Quote:
Thinking of preponing the upgrade. IL4.1 sounds nice when I play Indian classical songs (vocal), but somehow misses the punch when I play club mixes/trance/d**ty rap. Tweeter is placed just next to the front speaker (front dash) using two side tape, is it the correct location?

Heading to EVO in the evening to discuss amp/sub upgrade, may even get it installed this weekend.. you never know!!
Hey Latheesh,

Would you have a snap of the placement, I am really interested in the ICE setup you have since I have also booked a Sparky and could use some experience here.

Thanks
Kalesh
Old 21st December 2010, 13:33   #39
Senior - BHPian

Re: SPARK ICE - Going out of my budget

Tweeters are placed near the front speaker on dashboard.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks