Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2009, 17:04   #31
BHPian

I got this installation done at Evo in March, '09.
Gilead, what you said is right. I could have bought or asked him to get the HU I think was good.
But I totally left to him because I had read a lot of threads where he had put in his expert advise. And I trusted him to make a good choice for me. Maybe according to him it was a good choice. But what really matters is that he didn't do anything about the USB adapter even after me calling him repeatedly and the quality of work done was not good.

KDC-X7529 may be a good HU but it does not have a USB port and to get one now will cost me another 4.5K. I would rather invest on something latest.

Maybe the ICE experts can put some light on Kenwood KDC-X7529?

Last edited by Dolphin : 17th November 2009 at 17:10. Reason: Added some text
Old 17th November 2009, 17:04   #32
MCR
BHPian

I think it is the same problem everywhere, quality of the workmanship that is. My friend istalled front power windows at J C road and the installation is so pathetic that the driver side window does not roll up completely. I had installed G-sport seat covers and ICE from a shop in J C road on my Santro and again it took almost a month for the installer to get it right. So decided this time that I have to buy a car with factory fitted ICE etc. so no worries on this front atleast.

However its a good gesture from Sathya to replace the damaged parts.

Last edited by MCR : 17th November 2009 at 17:06. Reason: Typo
Old 17th November 2009, 18:28   #33

@dolphin, i think there is no need to change the HU for just usb port. If it has a aux input, i can guide u to put a usb port, at very cheap 600 bucks, no not the fm modulator one. Just let me know if theres an aux port.
Old 17th November 2009, 19:31   #34
Senior - BHPian

my entire dashboard was screwed up by some clumsy mechs and painters, and tata fixed it all with a proper paintjob. it now looks brand new, rather than the tired and sunlight faded look it wore a few months ago. I never knew plastic finishes could be repaired this way.
I can attest to what satya says about painters. they should be able make those pods look as good as new
Old 17th November 2009, 19:59   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digitonsam View Post
@dolphin, i think there is no need to change the HU for just usb port. If it has a aux input, i can guide u to put a usb port, at very cheap 600 bucks, no not the fm modulator one. Just let me know if theres an aux port.
OT: I am interested in this. I have a Fiesta that has an Aux but no USB. Can you PM me the details? Thanks.
Old 17th November 2009, 20:26   #36
Senior - BHPian

Even yesterday evening I suggested EVO to a Swift owner for his ICE setup, I think he got it the installation done yesterday itself from EVO.

Like few others I had my own share of problems with EVO:

1) During installation of my ICE boys at his shop had removed the items which are in trunk to fit the MDF tray that had a box contains genuine GM wood finish decals for dashboard (Cost Rs.1200). After installation I found this box missing, it was picked by a ragpicker:-(((. I informed Sandeep about this but did not blame as I felt I should have taken extra care about this. I bought new decals

2) Roof antenna on my Spark :- Antenna they fitted is not good quality and there is a gap between roof and antena base. Last weekend I went to rectify the same or fit the new one. Technician tried to correct it but he could not do it. I am going to get it changed when I go for my component speaker installation. I was charged Rs.450 for the same. The real problem is there is a chance of water entering cabin when it rains!!! also I found yesterday that antenna is not connected to HU.

3) I went to fit Stebel Magnum TM80 horn in my Spark on 7th Nov. Satya was not available at the shop discussed with his dad and asked the technician to fit the same. I am not an electrical expert but based on the knowledge I got from TBHP I asked technician to fit the relay came with horn and also asked not to cut any wire as it may affect the warranty. He said that there is a clip kind of item and he will use the same to connect without cutting. I was busy on my phone speaking to my bro for next 5 min, when I came back I found that wires are cut to connect the horn without even asking me, he said clips were not available. I felt no meaning in shouting at them as the damage was already done. Also he did not fit the relay, now I have a feeling that horn tone is different at higher speed. When posted this at power horns thread TBHPian told that it may be due to the absence of relay. Planning to get it checked tomorrow.

4) MDF tray installed touches the hatch door - Now we need to really push hard to close the hatch door and It closes with a strange sound. Even today our office security guard complained about this (he checks the car before entering to the office building everyday). There are 2-3 sparks in our office building he says there is a problem. Planning to get it corrected this during my next visit.

Even after all these issues I am planning to go to EVO for my comps installation and the planned Amp&Sub installation. Let me see how it goes.

Better control on technicians will solve these issues I believe.

Last edited by Latheesh : 17th November 2009 at 20:31.
Old 18th November 2009, 00:02   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asa View Post
Hi Folks,
Been busy with office work, I checked up with pratham motors , same status, the accessory guy is still trying to find out, Blueraven, feel free to find out in parallel about the MGA part. i need to bring the car back to your place, the front door panel has gap which needs to be fixed, i had shown the problem to your dad & fitment guy on sunday . Let me see perhaps today or tomorrow

abhibh, give me a day, shall post most photos.
asa : I Checked with a Maruti OEM supplier and he said we might have to replace the whole switch assemblies, which I will do if required, he is coming to the store to see the snaps of the consoles tomorrow as he is not internet savvy, they can be arranged in 2 to 3 days is what he says.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphin View Post
I got this installation done at Evo in March, '09.
Gilead, what you said is right. I could have bought or asked him to get the HU I think was good.
But I totally left to him because I had read a lot of threads where he had put in his expert advise. And I trusted him to make a good choice for me. Maybe according to him it was a good choice. But what really matters is that he didn't do anything about the USB adapter even after me calling him repeatedly and the quality of work done was not good.

KDC-X7529 may be a good HU but it does not have a USB port and to get one now will cost me another 4.5K. I would rather invest on something latest.

Maybe the ICE experts can put some light on Kenwood KDC-X7529?
Hmm, the time you bought this Kenwood was back ordered by 5 months in Bangalore for the 6043 which had not released, hence we gave the cost effective solution, I have followed up a lot with Kenwood but they just dont seem to have it in stock , if you wanna exchange that piece with a 6043, I can get it done. You had paid some 5k for that HU, and I will exchange the same amount back to you, I need a decent player for my IKON as the pioneer in it is sold, so can use it. No hard feelings.

If you don't believe me I will give you a Kenwood Distributor's number, Call him.

I think you had built a pretty good rapport with Sandeep, I did not even feel you were left out, there was a lot of laughing between you guys, so I did not want to poke my nose, I was letting Sandeep do his job. He is a capable guy and I did not want to interfere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty9991 View Post
sorry guys for being off topic.

i wish you paid my loss of Rs. 24,000/- as well which was due to your packing error.
EVEN I am sorry to go off topic.

Oh my friend now that you have started on this let me come with my side,

First of all you wanted to buy something of a significant value, then the transport guys would not accept the consignment without a proper Bill in the name of a company (ludhiana has some weird problems with sales tax / octroi) , and you are not ready to take the product under the TIN number of a company which you supposedly owned, no transporter was ready to do this, and then you gave me a name of a Transporter, don't even remember the name, and said you know them and have worked with them, I told you I cannot vouch for these people and it's not my risk, your transporter said they can take the consignment without a TIN if the bill was close to some 5k, I had wasted enough time on this already, and didn't want any more trouble, it was packed in a WOODEN CRATE, and still they managed to break it, you said it's my fault, still I offered to fix the same kit completely if you bear one way transport and I send it back to you again and this time with a bill,
you guys cleverly sent the consignment back and the transporter calls me up with a to pay bill of some 4k, and starts using abusive Hindi when I said we were not supposed to foot this bill. Further more they even refused to deliver it to Indiranagar, and asked us to collect it from Khalasipalyam, which is market area and pretty far.
I lost interest, you could have paid them and do your end of the bargain ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post

2) Roof antenna on my Spark :- Antenna they fitted is not good quality and there is a gap between roof and antena base. Last weekend I went to rectify the same or fit the new one. Technician tried to correct it but he could not do it. I am going to get it changed when I go for my component speaker installation. I was charged Rs.450 for the same. The real problem is there is a chance of water entering cabin when it rains!!! also I found yesterday that antenna is not connected to HU.

3) I went to fit Stebel Magnum TM80 horn in my Spark on 7th Nov. Satya was not available at the shop discussed with his dad and asked the technician to fit the same. I am not an electrical expert but based on the knowledge I got from TBHP I asked technician to fit the relay came with horn and also asked not to cut any wire as it may affect the warranty. He said that there is a clip kind of item and he will use the same to connect without cutting. I was busy on my phone speaking to my bro for next 5 min, when I came back I found that wires are cut to connect the horn without even asking me, he said clips were not available. I felt no meaning in shouting at them as the damage was already done. Also he did not fit the relay, now I have a feeling that horn tone is different at higher speed. When posted this at power horns thread TBHPian told that it may be due to the absence of relay. Planning to get it checked tomorrow.

4) MDF tray installed touches the hatch door - Now we need to really push hard to close the hatch door and It closes with a strange sound. Even today our office security guard complained about this (he checks the car before entering to the office building everyday). There are 2-3 sparks in our office building he says there is a problem. Planning to get it corrected this during my next visit.

Even after all these issues I am planning to go to EVO for my comps installation and the planned Amp&Sub installation. Let me see how it goes.

Better control on technicians will solve these issues I believe.
Latheesh: The roof antennas which come after market never come up to the genuine company accessories, the one you got was by the brand ER and thats the best after market, however even they are not that great, but manageable.

The MDF tray is always made tight fit on the spark as the Stock tray is a a slant angle upwards facing the boot door, in this case a smaller tray becomes loose over time and starts jumping on every road hump, thats why I have seen some after market installers pass screws into the parcel tray through the plastic mounts which limits the boot space, hence we make it tight fit, and the boot door presses on to the tray, a similar thing is also on the Hyundai i10, though it's not at an angle or anything.
However will look into it again next time you come.

As far as I remember the guys who installed the horn told me that while installing on of those clips itself the horn wire snapped as it was not very thick, that is very unfortunate, however I would like to confirm this the next time we meet, will ask the boy in front of you.

Last edited by Dippy : 18th November 2009 at 10:11. Reason: Back to back posts. Please use the edit function if posting within 20 minutes of your earlier post.
Old 18th November 2009, 14:54   #38
asa

Friends,
Have been calling the accesory guy at pratham everyday and he has given up, he has called everywhere and there is no separate accessory provided by Maruti. He told me either buy the whole PW kit(I had paid ~Rs 6000) or wait and maybe some damaged car comes by and he can put that in mine...

Some very interesting posts have come from fellow bhpians, while we are happy or in positive frame of mind, we tend to take everyone along with us, share those happy/positive experiences but when things don't go well or are unhappy/hurt we tend to sulk or just shrug and move on. @Dolphin your post resonates so much with me, its almost like you have written about my episode. I felt so much violated, probably would not have written about my experience , but i was so much in pain that I needed a outlet. This wonderful community would be so much more strengthened if we all wrote about our experiences good or bad.
@Blueraven it looks like I would be able to come only on Saturday, i am totally smashed by the time i come home ~8 PM. Kenwood Manual ?
Old 18th November 2009, 14:54   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueraven316 View Post

Hmm, the time you bought this Kenwood was back ordered by 5 months in Bangalore for the 6043 which had not released, hence we gave the cost effective solution, I have followed up a lot with Kenwood but they just dont seem to have it in stock , if you wanna exchange that piece with a 6043, I can get it done. You had paid some 5k for that HU, and I will exchange the same amount back to you, I need a decent player for my IKON as the pioneer in it is sold, so can use it. No hard feelings.
Thanks for offering me an exchange Sathya. I will get in touch with you soon.
FYI: I paid 8.5k for the HU not 5k. We will talk about this.

Hey thanks @Digitonsam, since Sathya has offered me an exchange, I think I will go for it.

Last edited by Dolphin : 18th November 2009 at 15:01. Reason: Added text
Old 18th November 2009, 15:52   #40
BHPian

One thing that you need to give satya n sandy is time. I went to their place partly accidentally (since he is almost next to my office) and partly because of his logo which matched at the forum too. If you are willing to spend some time with them, you will get a great work done. When I got my ICE setup done, the first thing what Sandy did was: to listen to me carefully, then checking the budget constraints. By listening carefully means getting to know my requirements of the treble/mids/bass (I am more of a good listener with a little knowledge of recording etc). The workmanship is good provided you stand in front of them or ask Sandy to periodically check on them (which he does in any case). I am sure that Satya/Sandy will be always there to help people. I remember taking the car at around 5 PM and we got back at around 12 PM.

The moment we tweaking finished I wanted the sub's casing to be changed. Because of the time then we couldn't do it but he got the second one for me for free of charge (I had asked for the bigger ones, but then went to smaller ones, they harddly cost anything but, still free is free). Satya/Sandy are very humble and approachable guys and one doesn't need to think twice before going to them.

PS: They haven't given me any extra fitments for this write-up!
Old 19th November 2009, 16:00   #41
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueraven316 View Post
Oh my friend now that you have started on this let me come with my side,

First of all you wanted to buy something of a significant value, then the transport guys would not accept the consignment without a proper Bill in the name of a company (ludhiana has some weird problems with sales tax / octroi) , and you are not ready to take the product under the TIN number of a company which you supposedly owned, no transporter was ready to do this, and then you gave me a name of a Transporter, don't even remember the name, and said you know them and have worked with them, I told you I cannot vouch for these people and it's not my risk, your transporter said they can take the consignment without a TIN if the bill was close to some 5k, I had wasted enough time on this already, and didn't want any more trouble, it was packed in a WOODEN CRATE, and still they managed to break it, you said it's my fault, still I offered to fix the same kit completely if you bear one way transport and I send it back to you again and this time with a bill,
you guys cleverly sent the consignment back and the transporter calls me up with a to pay bill of some 4k, and starts using abusive Hindi when I said we were not supposed to foot this bill. Further more they even refused to deliver it to Indiranagar, and asked us to collect it from Khalasipalyam, which is market area and pretty far.
I lost interest, you could have paid them and do your end of the bargain ...
aarey yaar how am i suppose to give you the TIN number, unless i am buying anything on my business name. personal name par koi tin number nahi hota. and i asked you to impose full tax on the bill i.e. CST or VAT. which i would have paid.

i bought things for my carputer from one of our fellow BHPian (i-ride ) from mumbai, he never asked me for the TIN number.

And yes, the wooden carte wasnt enough stronge to send it through the transporter.

And moreover you billed the kit for Rs.4500 only. if you would have mentioned the actual price then i could get atleast 50% of the amount form them. what would i get of Rs 4500 you billed.

And , i apologise to you if the transporter used abusive language.

And the worst part was that you stopped picking my phone calls.

And, now i shall not discuss about this on some one's thread. so please end it here.
Thanks
Old 20th November 2009, 17:17   #42
Senior - BHPian

Its difficult to get the shells for Pw. They are sold as part of the kit, but not separately.
Better live with them. Try sourcing them from any other vehicle which might be in good condition.
Old 23rd November 2009, 12:32   #43
BHPian

@asa hope you will soon get what you are looking for.

My update:
As you all know, Sathya offered an HU exchange. Gave a call to Sathya and went to his shop (on Wednesday I think). Got the KDC X-7529 exchanged with a Pioneer 6050.
We talked and settled the exchange price amicably. He sourced the 6050 HU in about an hour or so while I finished some personal work. Everything went smooth.

Alls well that ends well.
Old 23rd November 2009, 13:11   #44
BHPian

It happens every time u pass ur car for a ICE team . They many time change the settings .

For my Scorpio Micro Hybrid ,they have changed the Diesel tank opener to that of the Micro Hybrid buttons .

My Diesel tank remote doesn't work properly

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

Please type 'you' instead of 'u' & 'your' instead of 'ur'. Thanks

Last edited by Technocrat : 23rd November 2009 at 13:29. Reason: Please read the note in your post, thanks
Old 23rd November 2009, 14:10   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantejas View Post
If you are willing to spend some time with them, you will get a great work done. When I got my ICE setup done, the first thing what Sandy did was: to listen to me carefully, then checking the budget constraints. By listening carefully means getting to know my requirements of the treble/mids/bass
Totally agree with you, one need to & clearly tell Satya what is required & at what price. I got a good ICE installation for listening to rock/metal music in my Baleno, I am happy with it & also gave them ample time for the installation (2 days).

The were few minor glitches, but I readily got it corrected the very next day.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks