Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2009, 14:07   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karankapoor View Post
The 8" midbas is not from the DLS 3 way kit, What spakeled wants to know where is the 6.5" midbass which came with the DLS 3 way set.
Oh ok that way, I think Ajay has answered it below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
The 6.5" from the DLS 3-way are not installed in Kiran's Palio anywhere.
And thanks everyone for the appreciation!
Old 27th November 2009, 15:59   #32
BHPian

The man who got me addicted to good quality ICE has finally got a setup that he was planning for so long
Congrats Kiran.
I had the opportunity to audition this setup the very day it was completed. Sweet ! is all I can say.

All those who want to audition, please do so once the Carbon mid bass drivers open up, they sound quite different and a lot better.

Kiran, you need better amps and a brand new HU now, P80RS II maybe ? hehehe

Very innovative tweeter and mid range pods there. Impeccable install once again from Ajay. Great work sirji!
Superb workmanship by Shafeeq,kudos to him.

Ajay, one doubt though,
Is it possible to tone down the tweets and mid range a little bit ?
Integration would be a bit better ? No ?
Maybe I am used to the carbon tweeters and that peerless mid range. lol
Old 27th November 2009, 17:37   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amey View Post
Ajay, one doubt though,
Is it possible to tone down the tweets and mid range a little bit ?
Integration would be a bit better ? No ?
Maybe I am used to the carbon tweeters and that peerless mid range. lol
Thank you for the kind words.

Yes, the car does need some tuning. I have told Kiran that a while back. Just waiting for the drivers to break in a bit, and for Kiran to be free from some "personal" work.
Old 27th November 2009, 18:45   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for the kind words.

Yes, the car does need some tuning. I have told Kiran that a while back. Just waiting for the drivers to break in a bit, and for Kiran to be free from some "personal" work.
I doubt he'll get free soon from his "Personal" work
Old 27th November 2009, 22:56   #35
BHPian

Very Very neat install!

I NEED to hear this setup!!!
Old 28th November 2009, 20:11   #36
BHPian

Oh wow! That's some install. Ajay sir, send some of your workmen to Chandigarh please, these fibre-glass installs are just too good. Main mooh maangi rakam dene ko tyaar hu for custom door pads for an Alto

Anyways, coming to the choice of equipment for the front-stage. I would love to hear more details on how the frequencies are set for each part. The frequency cut-off for mid-bass, mid-range and tweeters, the levels, whether passive or active? n so on. I believe blending a 8 inch non-DLS mid-bass driver with the mid-range must have been a humongous challenge!

Enjoy the music man! I'd plan a better head-unit and a better amp for the comps if i were you

And some pics of the sub and enclosure please.
Old 28th November 2009, 20:24   #37
Senior - BHPian

Superb job B&T ji.congrats kiran the DLS Mid-range looks amajing,Shafiq at its best
Old 28th November 2009, 22:44   #38
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Ramie and thelord.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelord View Post
Anyways, coming to the choice of equipment for the front-stage. I would love to hear more details on how the frequencies are set for each part. The frequency cut-off for mid-bass, mid-range and tweeters, the levels, whether passive or active?
It's all passive. The Illusion ND8 midbass pair is hooked up to the DLS R6.3's crossover in place of the DLS 6.5" midbasses. That's all. So all the crossover points etc. are the same as that of the DLS 3-way kit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelord View Post
I believe blending a 8 inch non-DLS mid-bass driver with the mid-range must have been a humongous challenge!
Not really. Just like a sub from a different brand can be integrated with a component set, you can do that with the midbass. Especially because this midbass comes from a kit that is 2-way, so it was always expected to play in the band it is right now and more, comfortably. Getting a midrange and tweeter from different brands to work on the same crossover would be hard or impossible.
Old 29th November 2009, 09:57   #39
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the Upgrade MF.

Great install. Great work Ajay bhai.
Old 29th November 2009, 11:04   #40
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
From the quote given, I see that you have purchased the entire 3 way DLS speaker system. So what did you do with the mid bass driver?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
The rears have the Illusion carbons right? So where did the DLS 6.3 system's mid bass driver go? Ajay's quote clearly mentions DLS R6.3 system with quantity as 1.
Quote:
The 6.5" from the DLS 3-way are not installed in Kiran's Palio anywhere.
And thanks everyone for the appreciation!
Quote:
It's all passive. The Illusion ND8 midbass pair is hooked up to the DLS R6.3's crossover in place of the DLS 6.5" midbasses. That's all. So all the crossover points etc. are the same as that of the DLS 3-way kit.
Q1: why not biamp.
Q2: how do you drive a single sub using 4 channels of the 75.4? Is the sub a DVC?
Q3: Can someone post pictures of the subwoofer install? I dont know much about the palio but I would thnk that installing the subwoofer on one side of the hatch and the amps on the other side would still leave some space for baggage.
Old 29th November 2009, 20:19   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Q1: why not biamp.
Q2: how do you drive a single sub using 4 channels of the 75.4? Is the sub a DVC?
Q3: Can someone post pictures of the subwoofer install? I dont know much about the palio but I would thnk that installing the subwoofer on one side of the hatch and the amps on the other side would still leave some space for baggage.
1. The crossover does not have bi-amp feature.
2. Sub is 4 ohms DVC
3. Sub has not been installed in a fiberglass enclosure. Anyway I don't have the pics, maybe Kiran can click and post.
Old 29th November 2009, 22:28   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Ramie and thelord.

Not really. Just like a sub from a different brand can be integrated with a component set, you can do that with the midbass. Especially because this midbass comes from a kit that is 2-way, so it was always expected to play in the band it is right now and more, comfortably. Getting a midrange and tweeter from different brands to work on the same crossover would be hard or impossible.
Thanks! Using the cross-over from the DLS kit makes things easier then. And yes, like you said if the 8 inch driver is from a 2-way set then it would easily play all the notes in that range. Cool setup!

Slightly off-topic, I had a chance to audition a 2-way DLS component setup in Patiala couple of weeks back. Can't remember the model no. but my cousin mentioned that this set was based on some technology where the tweeters are able to play more mid-range frequencies that most other tweeters. The soundstage in the car was awesome!
Old 29th November 2009, 23:09   #43
Senior - BHPian

Brilliant work B&T ! Brilliant.
Was wondering if one can courier pads after it was worked upon so that buyers can just add speakers and fit.

And Moral; lucky pal you are.
Old 1st December 2009, 02:41   #44
Senior - BHPian

Thank you, JK!

And yes, I don't see why that should not be possible for installers to offer.
Old 2nd December 2009, 08:28   #45
Team-BHP Support

My car battery died on me last week. It served me well for three years and it was time for a change. The end result is, that the HU settings have erased. Time to see Ajay this weekend. Will post pics and final impression after the tweaking is complete.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks