Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2010, 09:10   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
I have mentioned running the comps under "highs" in active meaning both the midbass and tweeter running under Highs with the further separation done by the passive xover. Which means bring the down the HP filter on the headunit down to 63/80hz at steeper slope. One can say its running actively passive.
Can you be more specific please? I'm using HPF @ 80Hz @ 12db slope. There seems to be a loss in midbass.. what settings do I dial in for a relatively higher midbass??
Old 18th May 2010, 12:09   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
Can you be more specific please? I'm using HPF @ 80Hz @ 12db slope. There seems to be a loss in midbass.. what settings do I dial in for a relatively higher midbass??
Have you set the HP from the Head unit ? I say set it to HP 80hz at 18db on the HU. At 12db there will be a phase shift of 180deg. setting it at 18db will bring it too 270deg. After which try reversing the polarity on the both passive xover and listen for noticeable change in midbass level. I noticed a change in midbass after i reversed the polarity on the passive xover. Also, the doors shouldn't have any leaks.
If you still ain't happy with the midbass you can make use of the L/R independent EQ. You can set the 1st band with 100hz with the desired level of gain and Q set to 1. Band 2 can be set at 800hz with gain level anywhere upto 3-4db Q could be 1 or higher as per desired choice. Band 3 can be used at 6.3khz or 8khz with desired gain level or can set 2.5khz for better vocals and guitar. Usually there is steeper roll off from 2khz when midbass are in doors off-axis and the details between 2khz to 3khz is missed out.
Old 25th May 2010, 23:18   #48
BHPian

I'm currently running the HU in the normal mode, will definitely look into what you suggested invisible.

Sorry for the lack of pics, but I really need to find some free time during the day to take some good pictures. I'll get to it, hopefully sometime soon.

@Invisible - Ravi will probably be spending a good amount of time reworking some parts of the install and tuning. I'll pm you or give you a call in advance, would love for you to come and add to the session.

Other than that the cars sounds like a total dream come true, I guess it's true that you can't put a price on your passion. I keep going under; many lakhs in and I'm still finding something or the other to add or replace.

My next upgrade will probably be a DSP, any suggestions? I really want ultimate tunability! I'm looking at the BitOne.

Cheers.
Old 27th May 2010, 00:56   #49
Senior - BHPian

Sure, let me know if you need any more info.
As for the DSP there's only that we would do wonders, JBL MS8. It can 4 way active with center channel, independent EQ, TA with the help of the mic given in shape of headphones and most importantly Logic7.
It's a complete package. It's a tuners delight.
Old 27th May 2010, 01:12   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
Sure, let me know if you need any more info.
As for the DSP there's only that we would do wonders, JBL MS8. It can 4 way active with center channel, independent EQ, TA with the help of the mic given in shape of headphones and most importantly Logic7.
It's a complete package. It's a tuners delight.
All of the above can be done by PXA also

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks