Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2009, 12:54   #1
BHPian

Pioneer 2010 range

My dealer informed me that Pioneer 2010 range of car audio is getting launched on Jan 14 or 15, 2010. Follow this link to see what you can expect.

Pioneer 2010 range (from Pioneer Singapore)

Old 9th December 2009, 15:59   #2
Senior - BHPian

I am disappointed that no other HU other than the DEX-P99RS, which by the way looks absolutely delicious, is the only HU with TA and the required works to be called a SQ HU. I had hoped for a cheaper TA and active capable HU in their 2010 line up.

Last edited by SPARKled : 9th December 2009 at 16:11.
Old 15th December 2009, 21:26   #3
BHPian

Can the product mentioned in CDX-P1280 be connected to another Pioneer HU?

I have a Pioneer 5090UB model
Old 18th December 2009, 18:13   #4
BHPian

what's the price range?
Old 18th January 2010, 19:58   #5
BHPian

Pio-DEX-P99RS in india

Pioneer launches DEX-P99RS car audio series in Indian market India Featuring an integrated 4-way DSP with auto time alignment and auto equalizer, the equipment offers unsurpassed quality

Celebrating its first anniversary of India operations, Pioneer India Electronics Pvt Ltd (PIEL), a subsidiary of Pioneer Corporation, Japan, the global leader in car audio entertainment and home electronics, unveiled its premium and high-end in-car entertainment product range including the much-admired DEX-P99RS.

Awarded as the Best Product 2009-2010 of Europe by the European Imaging and Sound Association (EISA), the DEX-P99RS is amongst the best high-end car entertainment system around. Featuring an integrated 4-way DSP with auto time alignment and auto equalizer, the equipment offers unsurpassed quality.

Inside, 16-bit digital CD data is directly transferred by 4 x 24-bit D/A converters, with minimum distortion and natural sound expression intact. “It is the first Pioneer headunit to have such a powerful master clock device to avoid jitter. Audio enthusiasts will certainly appreciate the high-quality parts, ultra-precise mechanisms and high-performance construction”, added Tanaka. The product is priced at Rs 84,990/- in India.

Speaking at the launch, Seiya Tanaka, Deputy Managing Director, Pioneer Asia Centre Pte Ltd, Singapore said, “We are expecting remarkable growth in the high-end in-car entertainment segment in India which is still at a nascent stage. With these launches, Pioneer has strengthened its premium product portfolio and we are optimistic in getting a good response from quality audio lovers and consumers for this range which is a combination of best quality, latest technology and attractive design.”

Customized to the needs of the India market, the company also announced the launch of five sensational in-car sound systems – DEH-7250SD, DEH-5290SD, DEH-4290SD, DEH-3290UB and DEH-2290UB – that promise to enhance the in-car entertainment experience of quality sound enthusiasts Keeping in mind the fast changing needs of the Indian consumer, the latest line of Pioneer in-car audio systems has been designed to offer seamless connectivity with various media including SD/SDHC memory cards, iPod, iPhone, USB device and other external portable media players. “The Pioneer DEH-7250SD comes with a music browser function that will automatically list the files alphabetically using audio tag information by Artist, Album, Song or Genre,” pointed out Mr Toshiharu Momotari, Senior General Manager, Pioneer Asia Centre Pte Ltd, Singapore.

The entertainment systems come with Advanced Sound Retriever (ASR) technology that will enhance the sound quality of the compressed music files including MP3, WMA and AAC, etc. “Pioneer’s ASR technology enhances low and high frequencies by restoring data that tends to get lost in the digital compression process”, added Mr Momotari.

Pioneer established its India presence in 2005 with a representative office and began market research and preparation to establish its subsidiary. The company opened its sales subsidiary in 2009 in Gurgaon and continued to actively promote the marketing, sales and after sales service in car electronics business in the highly promising Indian market

source:Pioneer launches DEX-P99RS car audio series in Indian market
Old 19th January 2010, 13:23   #6
Senior - BHPian

OMG!! Almost 85K for the the DEX-P99RS. So who is buying it here?

Last edited by SPARKled : 19th January 2010 at 13:25.
Old 19th January 2010, 14:40   #7
BHPian

Got the Pioneer 4250SD for 6900 with Bill/Warranty. Want to know if its the right price i got it for.
Old 19th January 2010, 23:18   #8
BHPian

@ripper , could u pm me dealer u got it from? I am looking to buy the same as well.
Old 20th January 2010, 11:59   #9
Senior - BHPian

Hi all,

I was so happy reading the start of this thread especially about the Pioneer P99RS as I am looking out for a highend headunit but almost fainted when I read the price of 85k!!!! What is Pioneer thinking?? There is no way anyone in India will buy this headunit at that price as one can get an entire highend audio setup at that price. Any idea what is the pre out voltage from this headunit?
Old 20th January 2010, 13:33   #10
Senior - BHPian

I think it will way cheaper imported from abroad. I doubt if Pioneer will be able to sell a lot with bill and warranty.
Old 20th January 2010, 14:36   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Hi all,

I was so happy reading the start of this thread especially about the Pioneer P99RS as I am looking out for a highend headunit but almost fainted when I read the price of 85k!!!! What is Pioneer thinking?? There is no way anyone in India will buy this headunit at that price as one can get an entire highend audio setup at that price. Any idea what is the pre out voltage from this headunit?
There is no limit for a high end car audio setup it can cost more then 10lacs maybe more, There are amplifiers available in market which cost 2/ 3 lac and speakers for 4/5 lac, HU like p99/hxd2/mcintosh cost 50k +.

There are many people in India who will love to buy this HU but is better to buy it abroad as car audio stuff is cheaper there

The Preout Volt for this HU is 5v you can find more about this HU here.

DEX-P99RS Pioneer - Car Audio - CD Player - Car*Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
I think it will way cheaper imported from abroad. I doubt if Pioneer will be able to sell a lot with bill and warranty.
Yes it will be cheaper if imported should cost 50k or so.
Old 20th January 2010, 15:41   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karankapoor View Post
There is no limit for a high end car audio setup it can cost more then 10lacs maybe more, There are amplifiers available in market which cost 2/ 3 lac and speakers for 4/5 lac, HU like p99/hxd2/mcintosh cost 50k +.

There are many people in India who will love to buy this HU but is better to buy it abroad as car audio stuff is cheaper there

The Preout Volt for this HU is 5v you can find more about this HU here.

DEX-P99RS Pioneer - Car Audio - CD Player - Car*Entertainment

Hi Karan,

Well, I did not say that there is a limit to spending on car audio. I am sure that anyone who visits the Tem BHP ICE forums would realize that I did go through the features of the P99RS and personally feel that this headunit is just not worth the cost as compared to headunits like the HXD2, McIntosh which you yourself have mentioned are available for less. Even if one purchases it from abroad, it would be around say 70-75k?? Do you believe this headunit is worth that amount? I would rather invest in the Eclipse 7200!!
Old 20th January 2010, 16:01   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karankapoor View Post
Buddy you know any place from where it could be imported for about 50k? I'm desperately on the lookout for this unit.
Old 20th January 2010, 16:10   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Buddy you know any place from where it could be imported for about 50k? I'm desperately on the lookout for this unit.
Hi Ajay,

Have you gone through the features of this headunit? Do you believe this headunit has interesting features as compared to an Alpine 9887, Eclipse 7200, Clarion 785, etc? and worth the price? Are there any headunits that have better features than the P99RS for the same price or less? Wats your view?
Old 20th January 2010, 17:40   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
You can get this for 65K if you can find some noble soul who could bring it from Sing'pore (without duties, that is)

Last edited by Mi10 : 20th January 2010 at 17:42.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks