Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2011, 13:01   #61
BHPian

Re: Tweeter placement and Pod?

Gurus,
I have a question regarding placement of Tweeters in my Hyundai Verna.
I have attached two pictures(Picutres Courtesy a Thread on TBHP) and have highlighted the location where I would like install the tweeter.

Please suggest how good or bad the imaging will be if I Flush mount the tweeters in the highlighted location.
Attached Thumbnails
Tweeter placement and Pod?-vernadoor.jpg  

Tweeter placement and Pod?-vernaglovebox.jpg  

Old 28th May 2011, 20:12   #62
Senior - BHPian

If your car is identical, it will produce a good image (would have been tested before the car was manufactured). Notice that the grill is angled inward.

If not, the results would be unpredictable.
DerAlte is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2011, 14:11   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
If your car is identical, it will produce a good image (would have been tested before the car was manufactured). Notice that the grill is angled inward.

If not, the results would be unpredictable.
Thanks for the response DerAlte. The door panels are identical only the difference is the perforated grill in the pictures while my car has a solid piece. I will have to drill a hole to flush mount the tweeter. the panel is inclined and angled toward the passenger sitting in respective seats. Will try it out but have to figure out how to run the wiring through the door. Using the OE wiring loom for the Mid-Bass.
Old 29th May 2011, 18:57   #64
Senior - BHPian

Not sure what else you are putting in. If you are putting in an amp, leave the OE wiring alone and use new wires. Non-OE speaker wires are much better than OE ones.

The installer should be able to thread a flex (spring) wire through the OE grommet pipe and pull 2 pairs of wires through the side panel of the footwell into the door. Mount the XO in the foot well.

In case you are driving from the HU, leave the OE connector alone, take a tap off from the OE wire carefully to feed the XO, and mount the XO in door itself (as long as it is protected from water dripping through the window beading). Maybe you can fix it in the tweeter niche using hot-melt glue.
DerAlte is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2011, 12:04   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Not sure what else you are putting in. If you are putting in an amp, leave the OE wiring alone and use new wires. Non-OE speaker wires are much better than OE ones.

The installer should be able to thread a flex (spring) wire through the OE grommet pipe and pull 2 pairs of wires through the side panel of the footwell into the door. Mount the XO in the foot well.

In case you are driving from the HU, leave the OE connector alone, take a tap off from the OE wire carefully to feed the XO, and mount the XO in door itself (as long as it is protected from water dripping through the window beading). Maybe you can fix it in the tweeter niche using hot-melt glue.
Thanks for the help here. I am using a Kenwood 845 Series Amp to power a set of Rainbow Titans. Channel A is driving the tweeters and Channel B is for the Mid-Range. The problem with OE Wiring Grommet is that it has a Male-Female Connector fixed in the side wall of the footwell. Since the install is a DIY thing I have not been able to find a way to drive the wire through the side wall. Might have to consult a good installer for that. Currently the Tweeters are sitting on the dash for the time being. I will update when I am able to find a solution for this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks