Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2007, 01:04   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetsdisciple View Post
1.If you have a decent budget and dont know much about ICE then stick with JBL for its VFM ,its the best for beginners.
2.If you like SPL then brands like Kicker ,JL Audio ,Pioneer etc are good.
3.If you like SQ (like me) then the forum Fav. is Hertz/ID followed by Illusion.
I think the most dangerous thing one can do is generalize a brand.
One of the reason some brands are a bit popular here on TBHP, is because the people that represent those brands are active members here.

It would be incorrect to generalize any brand, be it JBL, Kicker or Hertz. Of course, this is something we are all guilty of sometimes.
But remember, in any brand, there are different levels and series of speakers for different applications.

For example JBL - which you called a VFM brand - has car amplifiers that cost over 5 lacs (!!) - hardly VFM, wouldn't you agree?

You can never generalize a brand - only a product.
Old 5th October 2007, 01:10   #47
Senior - BHPian

My 2 cents added to what Sam just said -
1. Pioneer makes some decent SQ amplifiers and Head units
2. ID is also known for its SPL.
Old 5th October 2007, 01:11   #48
BANNED

Great piece of advice there, Sam! Opened up my eyes just before I could fall asleep.

Generalising a brand isn't the thing to do. But the product!
Also, one person's VFM maybe the other's budget or high end.
Old 5th October 2007, 02:06   #49
BHPian

Innovative way of introducing TEAM-BHP forum .............

very well written
Old 5th October 2007, 02:38   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetsdisciple View Post
1.If you have a decent budget and dont know much about ICE then stick with JBL for its VFM ,its the best for beginners.
2.If you like SPL then brands like Kicker ,JL Audio ,Pioneer etc are good.
3.If you like SQ (like me) then the forum Fav. is Hertz/ID followed by Illusion.
4.Everyone has a different opinion when it comes to SQ.
5.The bigger the budget the more confused you will get.
6.Sometimes it gets too technical for noobs like me.
7.Its ok to ask for help/advice but in the end please use your own Ears and the thing thats in between to make the right choice ,and dont get influenced by anyone.
8.Some are actually interested in learning while some just pretend or say that they are here to learn. (no offence)
9.There`s no cure if the ICE bug bites you.

Personal point

10.Have to decide which bank to rob to get that dream SQ setup done.

Really speaking this ICE section has become like this only. I hate to say but what streetsdisciple has said is 100 % correct. BUT i want to change that let us be a little open and try to make it a better place. As we all are here to learn , and I am not ashamed in saying that I have learn a lots of thing from this forum and will continue to keep on learning.

What say guys ?

OT : which bank are u going to rob ? as I am with you from my SPL install...
Old 5th October 2007, 03:05   #51
BHPian

My aim was not to offend anyone ,those were my personal thoughts.
Please keep in mind that am a complete noob when it comes to ICE.

Sam sir with due respect most of the guys who post that they r new to this and have a budget of around say 20k get a reply to go for Jbl compos ,speakers etc. A little higher and go for jbl sub and amp.
I just wrote what i saw happening in the ICE section.
I know jbl is a very good brand ,it has high end products too but then i have not seen anyone in the forum getting a 5 lac rs jbl amp.
This is just my observation ,i could be wrong.

About generalising ,again i just wrote what i saw being said again and again by the gurus and the ICE lovers ,how can a noob like me categorize such big brands myself ?

I guess am part of the gang that still needs to learn a lot when it comes to ICE.
Old 5th October 2007, 12:14   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
For example JBL - which you called a VFM brand - has car amplifiers that cost over 5 lacs (!!) - hardly VFM, wouldn't you agree?
I completely agree that it is incorrect to generalize a brand.

What I disagree with is your example of JBL to show that it not a VFM brand. Not the brand itself but the nature of the example. Here's why.

Just because a brand has a product which is priced at 5 lacs, the brand does not cease to be a VFM brand. Even the 5 lac product could be a VFM product. It depends on the profile of the product and the value that it has to offer in that price bracket. It is in a different price bracket perhaps because it does something that is extraordinary and absolutely nothing upto that price can match it in price and performance.

Sometime recently, Absolute Sound magazine published their top 10 cd players of all time where the GamuT cd player came second. It was priced at about $3000. A steep price for a cd player that just plays cds and mostly does nothing else if one were to look at it that way. However, the cd player that came first and third were priced at about $80000 and $ 50000 respectively. If compared to the other two, the GamuT cd player would have to be regarded as outright VFM, right?

In India, even the distributors of the products themselves sometimes influence whether the product is VFM or not. I know several products which are simply priced out of the roof when they are actually budget products abroad. In this case, the product ceases to be a VFM product for Indian consumers. It also sometimes fools ignorant customers into believing that since the product costs more it is perhaps better than a cheaper product when in reality it ought to be actually cheaper. I have repeatedly referred to JBL as a VFM product in the past because I think the pricing in India has been fair and by offering Indian consumers a good deal for their money, it falls into the VFM bracket.
Old 5th November 2007, 01:58   #53
Senior - BHPian

Post Deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please type your posts ONLY in full and proper English. Thanks

Last edited by GTO : 5th November 2007 at 21:24.
rider60 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 28th November 2007, 10:37   #54
Senior - BHPian

it took about three min to start typping.you sm had told out what we all had in our minds.smart buddy .keep going let your immagination run wild slowly you will start running wild .if it happens you are a t-bhpian.hehehe

ram
Old 6th January 2008, 04:06   #55
Senior - BHPian

well i initially had 15k for my brand new swift Ldi, now i am not satisfied unless i have a 35K budget setup! man these 10 risks are true to their words!
i did even waste 2 weeks time on deciding and finding the right brands and products too!

Last edited by rider60 : 6th January 2008 at 04:08.
Old 30th January 2008, 17:57   #56
Senior - BHPian

Very well written post!!!
Old 30th January 2008, 19:18   #57
Senior - BHPian

Too good maan!!!!

This is hilarious and true. OK it's truly hilarious.
BINGO!!!! This is my 100th post. And what a thread to post it in.
Old 30th January 2008, 21:10   #58
BHPian

SM, it looks like a great amount of observation on the activities happening here in the ICE forum.. how many beers were you in when these sound commandments flew in
Old 17th February 2008, 21:59   #59
BHPian

I was almost fired. Came looking for a system in 20K budget, ended up spending 60K and still looking for more. And all these in a span of 2 months when I was involved. Had to stay quite and abstain from the forum for about 2 year.

I am classic example of points 3, 4, 5, 6. But I am happy.
Old 29th February 2008, 21:07   #60
Senior - BHPian

Nice one to read

Getting tempt to see the costliest ICE on our TBHP.

Who is it and where is he from, let us know the config he has put in his or her vehicle???

Post it guys and gals let everyone know, there is no one from Income tax department in this group

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks