Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2010, 19:35   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev View Post
any case how far is the HU from either of the front seats.
It is not a question of how close the HU is from the front seats. It is taking your eyes off the road to do so that matters. I almost ran over someone who just ran on to the road all of sudden, long ago. And what was I doing, trying to change the track on the head unit! Ever since, I've taught myself to never take my eyes of the road. The steering remote has been a life saver (pun intended) for me as I just have to go with the feel of each button and don't have to look at it to use them.
Old 15th March 2010, 22:03   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roshun View Post
Hey Rahul,
Nice install. I also have a JVC - the KDAVX 44 (el-Kameleon or whatever). It's got in-built bluetooth and a built-in mic. It's a single DIN and on the Scorpio, I've got the rear-view camera integrated into the number plate. But I'm not too clued in as to what's the latest on the market now. Got this a year and a half ago after the M&M Nippon unit packed up.

Didn't realized you had just fitted this in your car when we met on Friday. You could've checked it out.

Cheers,
How much did the AVX44 cost? and is the screen a touch panel?
Old 15th March 2010, 23:50   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsun View Post
Congratulations! It looks wonderful.
Thanks Buddy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by triedeverything View Post
It is not a question of how close the HU is from the front seats. It is taking your eyes off the road to do so that matters. I almost ran over someone who just ran on to the road all of sudden, long ago. And what was I doing, trying to change the track on the head unit! Ever since, I've taught myself to never take my eyes of the road. The steering remote has been a life saver (pun intended) for me as I just have to go with the feel of each button and don't have to look at it to use them.

Point Taken Sirji,

In this case I'd suggest that if you actually need the additional functionality offered by the strap on remotes then go for them!!

Last edited by maglev : 15th March 2010 at 23:52.
Old 16th March 2010, 13:14   #49
BHPian

Will any unit (that mentions JVC) found here work? 'pac steering wheel controls' < All - Shop in the US from India @ 20North

Any idea on this one? 20North is got a free shipping offer till 25th this month and I'd like to buy this asap.

http://www.20north.com/PAC-SWI-JACK-...764&src=search

The price mentioned here is 3152 (inclusive shipping). Where did you see the offer you were interested in?

Last edited by triedeverything : 16th March 2010 at 13:20.
Old 16th March 2010, 19:50   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Will any unit (that mentions JVC) found here work? 'pac steering wheel controls' < All - Shop in the US from India @ 20North

Any idea on this one? 20North is got a free shipping offer till 25th this month and I'd like to buy this asap.

PAC SWI-JACK Steering Wheel Control Interface For Alpine JVC Kenwood Clarion Blaupunkt < Automotive Parts < Car Electronics < Electronics - Shop in the US from India @ 20North

The price mentioned here is 3152 (inclusive shipping). Where did you see the offer you were interested in?

The Interface I am taking about is available on 20north, here's the link: PAC SWIJACK Steering Wheel Remote Interface < Automotive Parts < Car Electronics < Electronics : Automotive - Shop in the US from India @ 20North

This one is available for Rs: 2207/-

P.S.: PAC interface's which have the word "JACK" in their name will be compatible with JVC's HU's as JACK stands for JVC, Alpine, Clarion, Kenwood
Old 16th March 2010, 21:01   #51
BHPian

The link leads to an out of stock page for me :( I'm not sure if has something to do with my authentication information.
Old 16th March 2010, 21:09   #52
BHPian

Quote:
The link leads to an out of stock page for me :( I'm not sure if has something to do with my authentication information.

Try this one instead, its very slightly more expensive at 2235/-

Link: PAC SWI-PS Sony and Pioneer Steering Wheel Radio Control Interface < Automotive Parts < Car Electronics < Electronics : Automotive - Shop in the US from India @ 20North

EDIT: sorry this one is for Pioneer & Sony, The one I had mentioned earlier was available 2 days ago!! Sorry my mistake

Last edited by maglev : 16th March 2010 at 21:13.
Old 16th March 2010, 23:27   #53
Senior - BHPian

What about the Dash kit?? How much did that cost, what make is it?? Scosche?
Old 16th March 2010, 23:50   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
What about the Dash kit?? How much did that cost, what make is it?? Scosche?
The Dash Kit is Maruti OE (MGP) and costed him somewhere around 250 (Two Hundred and Fifty) Rupees.

Last edited by tsk13 : 16th March 2010 at 23:51.
Old 18th March 2010, 07:42   #55

Hi Maglev, Though a little late but congrats on your SX4 and its new HU ( I have become active this week only). I have booked my VVT ZXI and expecting it this weekend. I think review in team-bhp really helped me alot in my buying descission. I have few questions for you though:

How was your experience with RANA motors Okhla for servicing ? Which one will you recommend in Delhi?

Also, how is the perfomance of ICE after HU install ? Are you planning to carry on with Stock speakers or will be going for a replacement? Do you have a thread for the same in ICE Section?
Old 18th March 2010, 16:45   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hearsh View Post
Hi Maglev, Though a little late but congrats on your SX4 and its new HU ( I have become active this week only). I have booked my VVT ZXI and expecting it this weekend. I think review in team-bhp really helped me alot in my buying descission. I have few questions for you though:

How was your experience with RANA motors Okhla for servicing ? Which one will you recommend in Delhi?

Also, how is the perfomance of ICE after HU install ? Are you planning to carry on with Stock speakers or will be going for a replacement? Do you have a thread for the same in ICE Section?
Hearsh, this is the thread in the ICE Section. Mr. Maglev's absence isn't good for the thread.
Old 20th March 2010, 04:42   #57
BHPian

Maglev

Firstly, congrats on a supercool setup (with the assumption that u r soon going to do something with the speakers n sub as well)!

If things go as per plan, I would soon be laying hands on either a new vvt sx4 or verna crdi, and whichever the case, the crappy stock audio setups of these cars have me worried! Needless to say, this thread of urs gives hope to my ears

Since you recently went with ICing ur sx4, i have a couple of queries which am puttng here...wud be great if u can answer these...

- How did you get rid of ur stock HU...did the dealer adjusted for it, or it has to go aftermarket? Similarly for speakers (if u have thout of changing)...

- The rear-view camera , as u said, is not wide-angled. Did u, by any chance, try to look out for a better one...i mean, is these smthing in indian r-v camera market which eliminates the need for rear sensors? Am askin this coz u have a wonderful HU, and its usability increases multi-fold if rear camera is great.

thanks
mav
Old 20th March 2010, 09:01   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hearsh View Post

Thanks Hearsh!!

My experience with Rana Motors has been great, with only one issue and that is the final 500 meters to the service station in Okhla. That 500 meter stretch doesn't even have an ounce of tarmac.

The Stock OE Kenwood speakers now sound several times better in comparison to what the OE HU could extract.

This thread is the relevant thread in the ICE section, I plan to go in for after-market component speakers for the front sound stage and co-axial speakers for the rear sound stage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickzCar View Post
Maglev

Firstly, congrats on a supercool setup (with the assumption that u r soon going to do something with the speakers n sub as well)!

If things go as per plan, I would soon be laying hands on either a new vvt sx4 or verna crdi, and whichever the case, the crappy stock audio setups of these cars have me worried! Needless to say, this thread of urs gives hope to my ears

Since you recently went with ICing ur sx4, i have a couple of queries which am puttng here...wud be great if u can answer these...

- How did you get rid of ur stock HU...did the dealer adjusted for it, or it has to go aftermarket? Similarly for speakers (if u have thout of changing)...

- The rear-view camera , as u said, is not wide-angled. Did u, by any chance, try to look out for a better one...i mean, is these smthing in indian r-v camera market which eliminates the need for rear sensors? Am askin this coz u have a wonderful HU, and its usability increases multi-fold if rear camera is great.

thanks
mav

Thanks Maverickzcar!!

I got rid of my SX4's stock OE HU in a very creative way, I simply chopped of about 3/4th of an inch on either side and then installed the same in my new Ritz LXI

Here's the link to the relevant thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...into-ritz.html

I do plan to upgrade my speakers. Two of the stock speakers will find home in the Ritz and the remaining two would go into my Accent.

I did not look for better camera's because as per the dealer all of them are re-branded Chinese stuff. My camera is equipped with Night Vision, which actually makes it very useful.
As this one is able to produce a clear image even in pitch dark conditions and rain alike although I haven't yet tested it in rainy conditions but that is what the dealer claimed.
Old 20th March 2010, 13:24   #59
BHPian

Hi, Can anyone here tell me if it is possible to interface MapmyIndia navigator ZX150 with a touch panel HU. I believe the Ford Endeavour has a kenwood unit. Just unsure how to proceed. Intend to do it on an SX4 Vxi
Old 20th March 2010, 22:30   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya79india View Post
Hi, Can anyone here tell me if it is possible to interface MapmyIndia navigator ZX150 with a touch panel HU. I believe the Ford Endeavour has a kenwood unit. Just unsure how to proceed. Intend to do it on an SX4 Vxi

Kenwood offers HU's which come with built in Navigations systems, I'm not sure about the device your talking about. Will try to get the relevant info!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks