Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2010, 20:38   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev View Post
Kenwood offers HU's which come with built in Navigations systems, I'm not sure about the device your talking about. Will try to get the relevant info!!
Can you please quote a few HUs from Kenwood? The KEnwood website is a bit confusing for me.
Old 22nd March 2010, 00:24   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya79india View Post
Can you please quote a few HUs from Kenwood? The KEnwood website is a bit confusing for me.

The following HU's from Kenwood are easily available:

kenwood 8034bt 45-50K grey
Kenwood 7034bt 40-45K grey
kenwood 5039 29K with B&W
Old 24th March 2010, 03:56   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
What about the Dash kit?? How much did that cost, what make is it?? Scosche?

The Dash Kit is MGP and it cost me an astonishingly low Rs: 66.00/- yes that is just 66

Infact the kit which I had bought originally somehow got scratched, so to fix that I bought another one and for exactly the same amount.
Old 12th April 2010, 01:55   #64
BHPian

A few more pictures:
Attached Thumbnails
SX4 gets EXAD'ED-11042010057.jpg  

SX4 gets EXAD'ED-11042010058.jpg  

SX4 gets EXAD'ED-11042010059.jpg  

SX4 gets EXAD'ED-11042010063.jpg  

Old 12th April 2010, 10:32   #65
Senior - BHPian

it looks very neat and much more upmarket now!
Old 12th April 2010, 12:59   #66
BHPian

i see the gap on the left, still present. Are you goint to do anything about it?
Apart from that, it's a very neat install.
Old 13th April 2010, 00:46   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rg_chn View Post
i see the gap on the left, still present. Are you goint to do anything about it?
Apart from that, it's a very neat install.
That gap has come up only due to the angle of photography, I'll post clearer and day light pics so as to take my point across. That much gap would be present for any after market stereo.
Old 26th December 2010, 16:51   #68
BHPian

Re: SX4 gets EXAD'ED

I finally tracked this thread of yours. I thought you would have updated your experience with this upgrade. Is this HU GPS ready, do you use any service?

There is no mention of your dissatisfaction with the reverse sensors too.

Also what is the status of the warranty when you replace the HU with an aftermarket one? I tried raising a query with MS, but all I got was a stock answer, "Maruti does not recommend putting anything from outside and it may void the warranty...". The operative word 'may' is very vague...
Old 30th December 2010, 00:56   #69
BHPian

Re: SX4 gets EXAD'ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by LithiumSunset View Post
I finally tracked this thread of yours. I thought you would have updated your experience with this upgrade. Is this HU GPS ready, do you use any service?

There is no mention of your dissatisfaction with the reverse sensors too.

Also what is the status of the warranty when you replace the HU with an aftermarket one? I tried raising a query with MS, but all I got was a stock answer, "Maruti does not recommend putting anything from outside and it may void the warranty...". The operative word 'may' is very vague...
My experience with this HU has been great, I don't think that its compatible with a GPS unit. I never really bothered about GPS because one is always able to find someone or the other for directions and for those just in case situations, I rely on google maps installed on my Blackberry

Sir as long as you don't cut any of the original wiring of your car your warranty is intact completely. I got this confirmed by my dealer. In fact he went on to the extent that any modification done to the interior will not void warranty. Which includes ICE, seat covers, lighting etc.

The reason I was dissatisfied with my reverse sensors was that they never give you a very precise indication of what is or not behind the car. The camera on the other hand give's you a clear view of what is behind. But please keep in mind that you pick a camera with night vision.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks