Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2013, 10:07   #46
BANNED

Re: Review on JBL GTO 948 speakers -400w

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarnava.m View Post
Any particular reason why you do so?
No particular reason. I just like my sound that way.
So will i see any upgrade in SQ, I dont have budget for amp. I just have 5k in total to invest in setup and thought this switch to GTO949 may be very significant.
Old 1st June 2013, 20:56   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.mehra View Post
So will i see any upgrade in SQ, I dont have budget for amp. I just have 5k in total to invest in setup and thought this switch to GTO949 may be very significant.
Yes you will. The GTO 949 is a very good set of coaxial speakers at that price. It costs around 4k IIRC. They have significant bass and it will probably be a good idea to put them in sealed enclosures for the best effect.

However, from what I recall, Swift has rear speakers in the door. That would probably be 6" or 6.5", not sure. The 949 is a 6"x9" speaker and hence you will need to install a parcel tray (MDF) over the boot to install these.

PS. The reason I asked about you playing only the rear speakers is because that is not the ideal sound stage. Most people prefer the sound to be coming from front of them. Rear heavy (or only rear, as in your case) stage sounds like the artist is sitting on your shoulder and singing.
Old 2nd June 2013, 01:07   #48
BANNED

^Okay, i am getting the above for 3.5k which saves me 1.5-2k. My next questions are:
1) For front speakers how do you choose? can i choose one of JBL - CS 6 - 6.5, JBL - GT6 S266?
2) If yes, then which of the above is better & why? I am unable to distinguish between the two.

I am hoping that my new front+rear would be driven well by Sony Xplod HU CXD49U (55w)
Old 2nd June 2013, 12:37   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.mehra View Post
^Okay, i am getting the above for 3.5k which saves me 1.5-2k. My next questions are:
1) For front speakers how do you choose? can i choose one of JBL - CS 6 - 6.5, JBL - GT6 S266?
2) If yes, then which of the above is better & why? I am unable to distinguish between the two.

I am hoping that my new front+rear would be driven well by Sony Xplod HU CXD49U (55w)
The speakers you have listed are of decent quality and should go well with the 6x9 for the rear (provided the system is well tuned). It will also fit within your budget.

Both speakers are 2-way and identical in almost all aspects except for power rating. CS6 is 45W RMS and 266 is 55W RMS. Impedanace and sensitivity are exactly the same.

Now unless you are using an external amplifier for these, the rated RMS power will never be reached. The 55W that you have mentioned for the Sony Xplod HU is the peak power rating. The RMS should be around 20-22W (check the specs), which is what the speakers are going to get regularly. So from that point of view, there will probably be very minor difference between these two speakers. Hence I would say that you listen to them both individually and pick the one which sounds better to your ears.
Old 3rd June 2013, 09:47   #50
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarnava.m View Post
However, from what I recall, Swift has rear speakers in the door. That would probably be 6" or 6.5", not sure. The 949 is a 6"x9" speaker and hence you will need to install a parcel tray (MDF) over the boot to install these.
I just checked that rear speakers are on the parcel tray but they are square in shape as shown below. Can 949 be installed without any problem?
Old 3rd June 2013, 10:59   #51
Team-BHP Support

The grill may be square but the hole would most likely be oval or round. If the hole is oval most likely it would be 6x9 - perfect for the 949.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks