Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2010, 16:45   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickzCar View Post
I was also in US a week back and in a flux about what all to buy. Finally, I decided on Kenwood eXcelon x994. Its a new model released couple of months back and an upgrade over x993. Pretty good reviews. Even better sound. Plus it has Parrot bluetooth. So atleast I was floored. You can see it here - Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 CD receiver at Crutchfield Signature
Hmmm now this is making my life more complicated. Kenwood 994 looks like it has all the things you want in a HU.
Can anyone tell me how does Kenwood sound quality is different from Alpine? I know that Alpine has one of the best sound quality but i dont know how Kenwood fairs.
Now it seems that Eclipse is out of the picture as i dont see any sense geting a HU which does not have support in India. Also after seeing Franki's 7200 HU on sale, i think i should better stay away from Eclipse.
So now the 2 choices are Alpine CDA 117 and Kenny 994. Which one would be a better choice people?
Old 1st May 2010, 20:27   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyush_Vroom View Post
I dont think its in India as yet. But if even if its available. It would cost more than 23K which was the price of Alpine 9887.
17k in the grey market.
Old 1st May 2010, 21:54   #18
Senior - BHPian

I read on diyma reg the x994 having some issues with usb and bluetooth also with dispaly. I say have a look at it before you make a decision.
I would say 9887 is better option, has a stronger pre amp out, 7band eq, can do active too, has more dynamic low end freq response.
Old 2nd May 2010, 01:27   #19
Senior - BHPian

I am going to try out X794 tomorrow and will let you know how it fairs against 9887 and X693.
Old 2nd May 2010, 02:35   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Now it seems that Eclipse is out of the picture as i dont see any sense geting a HU which does not have support in India. Also after seeing Franki's 7200 HU on sale, i think i should better stay away from Eclipse.
the eclipse is BY FAR the BEST head unit that I have heard. I have had NO issues with it and I am letting it go because I have bigger, better plans in mind. Something lossless, which the Eclipse doesn't support, sadly. The head unit is bullet proof nitin and the SQ from it is way better than one can ever expect in a car. But, as is usual, I am human. And humans are never satisfied
Old 2nd May 2010, 17:12   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
the eclipse is BY FAR the BEST head unit that I have heard. I have had NO issues with it and I am letting it go because I have bigger, better plans in mind. Something lossless, which the Eclipse doesn't support, sadly. The head unit is bullet proof nitin and the SQ from it is way better than one can ever expect in a car. But, as is usual, I am human. And humans are never satisfied
Franki bro. I know that Eclipse is one the best HU money can buy. The thing is that i am little scared buying a HU which if gone wrong, could put me in trouble. I am not sure if someone can fix the issue's (if and when they arise). With Alpine and Kenny, i am safe in this sense.
Again Eclipse is the best unit, infact the one you have 7200, i would have love to buy it, but dont have that kinda money:(
The one i was thinking was 5030 HU which i am not sure how it fairs. What do you sugest from the 3: Alpine,Kenny or Eclipse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
I am going to try out X794 tomorrow and will let you know how it fairs against 9887 and X693.
Will be waiting for your inputs Abhibh. Please do post it as soon you are done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
I read on diyma reg the x994 having some issues with usb and bluetooth also with dispaly. I say have a look at it before you make a decision.
I would say 9887 is better option, has a stronger pre amp out, 7band eq, can do active too, has more dynamic low end freq response.
I like 9887 but the issue is that it does not have USB and this is something i really want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
17k in the grey market.
Are you sure its 17K in grey? If it is, then its a good buy in india.
Old 2nd May 2010, 22:58   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Will be waiting for your inputs Abhibh. Please do post it as soon you are done.
Check this http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1865880-post3.html
Old 4th May 2010, 13:52   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
There is a single guy on diyma who is cribbing about x994. Rest are pretty happy i guess. And reviews on Crutchfield are good (Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 CD receiver at Crutchfield Signature). I will hook it up soon with an amp & sub. Till that time, the only way to discover more is to google, and more google!
Old 14th May 2010, 19:48   #24
Senior - BHPian

Alright guys, the list is done and would be ordering the stuff this weekend. The thing is that i have to return back to India and till that time i hadnt decided on the stuff so now i will ask my office friends to get the stuff for me.
Below is the NEW ICE that i will be buying:
(1) DLS Ultimate UP6i (2) Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994
(3) Kicker PKD1
I am buying the Amp wires too from there as i see that its little expensive in india. I hope the option above is good enough. This is a Dual amp 0 G wire from Kicker as i would be buying a new amp for the Comps in India.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks