Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2010, 20:56   #1
Senior - BHPian

Dealercostcaraudio.com, how trustworthy is this site??

Hi Guys,

Can anyone let me know if they had any buying experience with this site. Are they any good.
Old 21st May 2010, 21:10   #2
Senior - BHPian

They are good. Had bought some stuff from them recently. Don't go by the negative reviews from the 'other' forum. There are some people (from Obamaland, most of them) who just nitpick all the time.
Old 22nd May 2010, 00:41   #3
Senior - BHPian

Don't worry they are among the top10. Carry large inventory and almost complete range of some of the brands. Some prices are also one of the lowest.
Old 22nd May 2010, 12:57   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
They are good. Had bought some stuff from them recently. Don't go by the negative reviews from the 'other' forum. There are some people (from Obamaland, most of them) who just nitpick all the time.
The thing is that i had already placed the order, but yesterday dont know what happened that i got the urge to check the reviews for this website. The moment i googled about this, i was shocked. Infact i couldnt see any good reviews at all. I got more scared when i could relate the answers i got from there sales guys. They had the same reasons which they gave to all those people who had bad things for them.
I was thinking of canceling the order but then i saw that it agains takes a long time to get your money back (in some cases you dont even get it).

Its been a week since i placed the order and only thing i got is Order #. They say that they are waiting for the comps to come. Now i am confused what to do, should i cancel the complete order, or ask them to forget the comps and give rest of the order, or just WAIT.

How much time did your order take to reach you. Hope you didnt had any issues like this with them.
Old 22nd May 2010, 16:31   #5
Senior - BHPian

What kind of a company accepts an order of a product they don't have in stock?
Reputed guys like Sonic and Crutchfield mention that they're out of stock.
Old 22nd May 2010, 16:39   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post

What kind of a company accepts an order of a product they don't have in stock?
Reputed guys like Sonic and Crutchfield mention that they're out of stock.
Crutchfield, YES they accept orders for equipment which are in stock. But the same cannot be said of Sonic, when I tried to place an order for DLS amps with expedited shipping, I was told they dont stock DLS products and they will need atleast 5 days to source them from their distributor.

As far as "dealercostaudio" is concerned, they have some of the best prices on equipments but they are always considered to be dodgy.
Old 24th May 2010, 01:10   #7
BHPian

They gave dodgy service for my Amp. KMD has to get a refund and then i bought it from some other website..
Old 24th May 2010, 01:34   #8
Senior - BHPian

Now i am told that on monday i will get to know the status for the comps as it takes 3-4 days for delivery. I think i will have to wait for another few days and if the comps are not there then i will have to cancel the comps and get the rest of the stuff.
I hope they deliver rest of the stuff in time.
Old 27th May 2010, 01:29   #9
Senior - BHPian

Now they are saying that they are looking into it. Now to be true, i think that my money is gone. I dont think that i would get anything from them after seeing the reviews that this website has.

But the thing is, if they are really that bad, then how come no one has ever filed a complain against them. Thats strange.

Now i think i would have to cancel the order and pray for the refund. Till then can anyone tell me a trsuted site from where i can buy the stuff? I want to use the Indian Credit card so please advice the site which can take a indian card but can delivere the stuff in US only. I think Wooferetc does not take international cards and Onlinecarstereo charges you a lot for inter. orders. Is there any other TRUSTED site from where i can order??
Old 27th May 2010, 01:41   #10
BHPian

Sonic claims to take Indian cards - but I haven't used that so not sure how well it works (there's also a small verification fee).

I would suggest that you first check ebay india's global easy buy for the product that you want to buy. I have bought a couple of things from them and they landed up at my door within a week.
Old 31st May 2010, 04:57   #11
Senior - BHPian

@nitinralli, any updates? Got your products shipped / got a refund?
Old 31st May 2010, 13:12   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
@nitinralli, any updates? Got your products shipped / got a refund?
No nothing yet, had to cancel the complete order as i doubt they would have sent the rest of the two stuff.
Now just waiting for some time as they said that it will take 5-7 days to get the money back to your account. Will see till thursday, if nothing happens then will work on other ways to get it.

But trust me, this site is a FRAUD. Please everyone, if you read this, then please never ever buy anything from here. Better burn that money,would be better to see that atleast.
Old 31st May 2010, 15:52   #13
Senior - BHPian

the safest bet online is ebay.com, use paypal and voila! you're done.. one needs to be very very careful of the sellers reputation here. dont go just by %ages, rather explore each neutral and negative rating carefully before enteing into a transaction.
Old 31st May 2010, 20:10   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
the safest bet online is ebay.com, use paypal and voila! you're done.. one needs to be very very careful of the sellers reputation here. dont go just by %ages, rather explore each neutral and negative rating carefully before enteing into a transaction.
But then if you have to check each and every seller on e-bay, then again its a very risky situation. I think the best bet is Crutchfield,Wooferetc and caronline sites. They are quick and respectful.
Today i got the mail from them saying that they have started the procedure and money should be there by wed. and asked me if its not there then let them know. I hope that money comes back, have planned to buy Milestone phone (only IF the money comes) from that money, otherwise wont buy anything.

Finally i ordered my HU from Crutchfield friday and should get the unit by wednesday. I can see the billing info has been provided to UPS and due to the holiday today, the delivery is expected only on wed. Hope they deliver.
Old 31st May 2010, 20:32   #15
Senior - BHPian

I have always found amazon.com to be good - never had a problem even if it is another seller selling through amazon, and I have got good deals too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks