Old 30th May 2010, 13:06   #16
Senior - BHPian

hi nitin, congrats. pricing?
Old 30th May 2010, 19:28   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose View Post
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the advices. I finally upgraded to Hertz DRX 165 today! These came as components. I bought and installed these from Autofusion (Thouqeer). They did a very good install which included the damping as well. Thouqueer himself tested the setup for a final quality check.

On my way to Autofusion, a bike hit my Innova and there was a slight scratch/dent on the fender. Thouqueer's team repaired this as well.

Looks like this place is an all-in-one pitshop.

I had a long time to listen to music on my new speakers as the drive home was long due to the rains on Saturday night. The distortions vanished with a proper balance between bass and treble sounds. These speakers produce very clear sound, let alone the power. I'm still using my stock audio, which is Fujitsu ten - which apparently is also known as Eclipse!

Nitin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by febyphilabr View Post
I think you meant the Hertz DCX165. Its the 6,5" coaxials from the Dieci lineup. Hertz makes some wonderful speakers. I had listened to the ESK165s in one of my friends car and planning to get it installed in my ride!!

BTW, If you had plans of installing an amp why didn't you go for compos? They would have sounded much better!!

Anyway the damage has been done, so keep enjoying your music!

I think he meant the Line Out Converter. What it does is that it converts the Speaker level/ High Level output from the HU (which has lots of noise) into low level signal with reduced noise. So theoretically, the output from the amp will be less noisier, which translates into better SQ!

Else you can get an amp with speaker level inputs and directly give the signal from the HU w/o a line out convrter. But the output from the amp will be a bit distorted.

I hope that I'm correct.

For more info check this link out
How to wire an amplifier to a factory head unit
No, its the Hertz Hertz DRX 165 and they're component speakers. Indeed the Hertz amp they mentioned does accept speaker level inputs, saving me the aux and line inputs for other purposes!
Old 30th May 2010, 19:29   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
hi nitin, congrats. pricing?
The pricing is about 12K, inclusive of the installation and damping.
Old 31st May 2010, 23:17   #19
Senior - BHPian

Hertz Amp Upgrade

Hi Everyone,

I've just had a Hertz Amplifier EP4 installed. The Innova stock audio system does not come with preouts hence had to use the speaker outs which are fed in to the speaker inputs of the amp.

The performance is quite good, except for the fact that I'm using the speaker outs because of which there's a lot of hissing, mobile phone static noise etc.

I'm using JBL connector kits.

Hopefully in a few months time i hope to upgrade the stock audio.

Thanks,

Nitin.
Old 1st June 2010, 08:40   #20
Senior - BHPian

WOW! I'm really enjoying the performance of this amp unit. Apart from the hiss, pops/clicks (when you turn OFF the ignition) and mobile static, everything is marvelous.
The sound stage is excellent and you get immersed into the music. My music player has a volume range from 0-64 and level 3-5 is quite adequate for me, with bass and treble set at 0. Ofcourse, you would not get any thump but the clarity is amazing.

This is what you call as "best value for money".

Nitin.
Old 1st June 2010, 12:58   #21
BHPian

Hey nithin, How much did you shell out for the EP4? Is it the EP4 or EP4X?

BTW, I still can't find the Hertz DRX 165 on the net!! Do you have any pics of the same or that of the packing box of the compos?
Old 1st June 2010, 19:45   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey nithin, How much did you shell out for the EP4? Is it the EP4 or EP4X?

BTW, I still can't find the Hertz DRX 165 on the net!! Do you have any pics of the same or that of the packing box of the compos?
Hi,

Its DSK-165:HERTZ by Elettromedia - Special Car Stereo

The amp is ep-4 and it cost me 11.5K and the wiring kit is from JBL, costing 3.5K.

I'm planning to install the alpine CDE-203E on Friday, so I shall take the pictures then. Any other suggestions for a HU?
Old 1st June 2010, 21:56   #23
BHPian

Why go for the 2-DIN HU? If your are interested in the SQ, then why not install the Alpine CDA-9887 or the Clarion DXZ786USB or the Kenwood eXcelon series HU (X794 or X994). However this is just my humble opinion! I'm no expert at this! Just ask around at Team-BHP and guys might give you better options!

BTW how much did you pay for the DSK165 alone?
Old 2nd June 2010, 10:23   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Why go for the 2-DIN HU? If your are interested in the SQ, then why not install the Alpine CDA-9887 or the Clarion DXZ786USB or the Kenwood eXcelon series HU (X794 or X994). However this is just my humble opinion! I'm no expert at this! Just ask around at Team-BHP and guys might give you better options!

BTW how much did you pay for the DSK165 alone?
The DSK 165 costed me 12K, for two pairs. I mainly selected a 2DIN because I wanted the entire space to be used. The sound quality should be similar, as this is also a high end model in this series.

I would not have considered the HU updgrade if there were no hissing, which is caused by taking the outs from the speaker terminals of my current HU in to the High-Low converter; add to this the static from the mobile phone(s) and clicks when you turn the engine ON and OFF!

Experts, what do you have to had on the HU part?
Old 2nd June 2010, 15:26   #25
Senior - BHPian

Change the RCA cables from the LOC to the amp, and the cable from mobile to HU. The shielding must be really bad on the current ones.

Are you getting 'static' constantly from the mobile? Seems to be an issue of ill-fitting jack on the mobile side.

As far as the turn on / turn off clicks are concerned, quite likely the remote turn-on wire from the HU is not wired correctly. Get the wiring checked again.

There are 2DIN HUs available from Pioneer, JVC and Kenwood, to name a few.
Old 2nd June 2010, 19:35   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Change the RCA cables from the LOC to the amp, and the cable from mobile to HU. The shielding must be really bad on the current ones.

Are you getting 'static' constantly from the mobile? Seems to be an issue of ill-fitting jack on the mobile side.

As far as the turn on / turn off clicks are concerned, quite likely the remote turn-on wire from the HU is not wired correctly. Get the wiring checked again.

There are 2DIN HUs available from Pioneer, JVC and Kenwood, to name a few.

Shield wires are not used for the speaker out from the HU and speaker input to the amp but a branded quality wire.

The remote turn-on wire is connected to the ignition and not to the HU as it does not have this facility.

Apparently, the hissing and static only comes with the HU turned ON. There is absolute silence if you turn OFF the HU.

One more question: There are some HUs that offer 4V line outs while most offer 2V; is there any significant advantage of having 4V?

Last edited by nitinbose : 2nd June 2010 at 19:39.
Old 3rd June 2010, 12:54   #27
Senior - BHPian

1. There is still a shield in the cable that connects the amp to the LOC. This shield is connected to the outer terminal of the RCA plug at the amp end. I am not sure what brand cable you are using, but brand is not an indicator of shield effectiveness. The other culprit could be amp grounding
2. Remote turn-on: I think the solution is adding an electrolytic capacitor - + to the remote turn-on signal, - to ground
3. Did not understand this - how do you play from the mobile with HU off? I thought you said the hissing/crackling comes when playing from the mobile. Another check - does this happen while playing FM (mobile not connected)?
4. 4V Pre-out is likely to have less noise than 2V comparatively (in proportion to average signal level, not absolute loudness of hiss or something like that). The stronger 4V signal allows the amp to be kept at a lower gain, and hence the dynamic headroom (ability to handle soft and loud passages well without distorting) will be better
Old 5th June 2010, 21:12   #28
Senior - BHPian

HU Upgrade

Hi Everyone!

I ended up spending more money by upgrading the HU. There was a lot of hissing because the stock HU did not have pre-outs, so the speaker outs had to be fed to the amp's speaker inputs, resulting in the noise.

I upgraded to the Pioneer AVH-P3250 DVD HU. This unit has 3 Preouts, inputs, RGB input, reverse camera input etc. I also had the reverse camera installed so that the HU would also show the rear view when the reverse gear is engaged.

The steering controls were adapted to suit the HU as well. The hissing disappeared but the mobile static remains. :(

This happens when I place the mobile close to the cable path and only occurs when it tries to send/receive mail/SMS etc.

As for the sound quality - no words to praise.

This HU is quite feature rich, with CD/DVD/USB/IPOD/SD card readers, along with the radio with HD radio compatibility. The RGB unit may be connected to any nagivation system so that GPS data may also be displayed.

I'd initially decided to go for the Alpine CDE-203E as mentioned in my previous posts, however, this unit had only one pre-outs and ThouQeer suggested I split the signal - an idea I wasnt comfortable with, though I personally felt it was okay. I'm spending money to solve my existing problems and not to invite new ones. That was when I thought of this particular Pioneer HU. The 4250 is also quite good, with a 7-inch screen whereas mine (3250) only has a 5.8-inch screen, however that has a much higher cost which I could not justify.

Please find the pictures of the Amp and HU. I'm posting the Hertz link for the speakers as I could not photographs these.

HERTZ by Elettromedia - Special Car Stereo

Here's the link for the HU: http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...rs/AVH-P3200BT
Attached Thumbnails
New Speakers for Innova's Stock Audio System-img00001201006041838.jpg  

New Speakers for Innova's Stock Audio System-img00002201006041838.jpg  

New Speakers for Innova's Stock Audio System-image002.jpg  

Last edited by nitinbose : 5th June 2010 at 21:14.
Old 6th June 2010, 10:50   #29
Senior - BHPian

Looks good, @nitinbose. Post a daylight pic of the HU.

What is that Praying Mantis like green wire with some red stuff at the end, in front of the amp?

Cost breakup?
Old 6th June 2010, 11:13   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Looks good, @nitinbose. Post a daylight pic of the HU.

What is that Praying Mantis like green wire with some red stuff at the end, in front of the amp?

Cost breakup?

Hehehe... That's not a "Praying Mantis", but wire meant for the parking break for the HU, so that the video display is only available if the parking brake is engaged.

Cost Breakup:

Speakers: Hertz DSK 165: 13200/-
Amplifier: Hertz EP 4: 10000/-
Pioneer AVH-P3250 DVD: 32500/-
Rear View Camera: 2250/-
Wiring Kit: 3500/-
Damping: 1750/-
Installation: Inclusive.

These are prices with Bill and warranty.

I shall take a photo in daylight in a short while.

Nitin.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks