Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2005, 23:20   #1

Music Accessories for esteem

Hi guys

I wld like 2 do some changes in the audio system like speaker ,woffers ,mid rangers n tweeters etc which is the best what abt Xplod or pioneer .How much wld those cost me n where wld i get good piece from in mumbai n whicle model .Plz send me these detail if any 1 can.

Thanking u all
viper dude
Old 24th October 2005, 23:26   #2
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

whats the current sytem that u r running viper dude..and how much are u willing to spend..based on this only will it be possible to give any suggestions...
Old 25th October 2005, 00:05   #3

hi mclaren

currently im using is pioneer not sure abt the model. Pioneer speaker , pioneer tweeters no woffer plang 2 put them mayb pioneer or xplod .Want 2 change the speaker as well as it got spoilt due 2 the heavy rains in mumbai luckly the system is safe coz i had removed it a day b4.

Can u provied me any detail in mumbai coz im from mumbai

Thankg u
Viper dude
Old 25th October 2005, 00:30   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper dude
hi mclaren

currently im using is pioneer not sure abt the model. Pioneer speaker , pioneer tweeters no woffer plang 2 put them mayb pioneer or xplod .Want 2 change the speaker as well as it got spoilt due 2 the heavy rains in mumbai luckly the system is safe coz i had removed it a day b4.

Can u provied me any detail in mumbai coz im from mumbai

Thankg u
Viper dude

whats your budget dude.and dont go in for sony speakers. they arent that good.just tell us what your budget is and well know where to start and what to suggest.

Rev

P.sdont post slang and type properly
Old 25th October 2005, 00:43   #5

Hi rev

Sorry for the slang ....

My bugget is say around 10 to 15K if there is warrenty for the products

Can u provied me the details?

Thanking u all
viper dude:-)
Old 25th October 2005, 00:52   #6
Senior - BHPian

Hey Viper... You can try speakers from JBL... They are real good.... One of my friends has it in his palio and it sounds like he has a woofer... He just has 2 speakers in the back and 2 in the front... and the effect is awesome.... sounds great inside the car and not very bassy outside too.... no show off kinda speakers.... i have an esteem too and might go for it later on....

Jensen, USA also makes good speakers....

Price? Sorry dude... dont really know..... check with ur nearest JBL dealer....

good luck...!
Old 25th October 2005, 00:59   #7

thx for the advice dude
Old 25th October 2005, 01:21   #8

Details & Suggestion on JBL car speaker for my esteem

Hi Guys

Intrested in installing JBL speaker in the rear ,Woffer at the rear,Tweeters in the front.Plz provied me the model numbers for the same.

Can any 1 tell me how much would these cost me ?

Where can i get them from in mumbai any contact numbers?

Any other suggestion for my car speaker n woffer most welcome.

Thanking u all
Viper dude.
Old 25th October 2005, 09:08   #9
Team-BHP Support

Why JBL? I know we have a JBL rep (Sam) on this forum and he is a real nice guy but I would always suggest to anyone that they should let their ears decide.

JBL is a good brand and there are others in that category (Boston and Alpine to name two). There are also some small more esoteric brands (usually at a bit higher price) like Focal, Vifa / ScanSpeak, Hertz, Morel (Marcom) etc. Almost everything is available n Mumbai and some less expensive brands like Blaupunkt.

I would suggest you find a retailer that stocks JBL (your prefered brand) and atleast 2 other brands and listen to all 3. I would consider atleast Blaupunkt, JBL, Infinity, Alpine, Focal and any other brands your reseller/instaler carries. Even if you spend some time evaluating a speaker that you cannot afford atleast you know what you are missing. It might help your future knowledge or you might be then in a position to help a friend.

My ears are so spoilt and my brain so messed up that nothing i find available commercially satisfies me 100%. I end up modifying almost everything I buy.

BTW do you have a good amplifer in your car?
Old 25th October 2005, 09:29   #10
Team-BHP Support

viper dude, I would check all the wires as well.
Old 25th October 2005, 09:35   #11
Senior - BHPian

JBL is a good brand for speakers. Highly recommended .
Old 25th October 2005, 09:51   #12
BHPian

Guys, what about JBL Basstube??where is it best to put a bass tube on a sedan ??Me planning to get a JBL basstube with sony amp for my accent .. what say guys??
Old 25th October 2005, 10:55   #13
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

note to the mods: why not club this thread along with another thread(music accessories for my esteem) started by the same user..both seem to be pondering on the same issue and thats a music upgrade for his esteem..
note to viper dude: hey buddy pls try to stick to one thread for all comments on a particular topic..multiple threads will only increase more confusion..hope u understand..
Old 25th October 2005, 10:57   #14
Team-BHP Support

vipre dude, i think you are goona be audio-jacked. For 15K this is what I'd suggest.

Front: I assume the esteem has only room for a 4" in the dash. Given that I would consider a 4" 2way from JBL that Vivek is using (I think it is the 426) or the Alpine 100A, Boston S45 or Infinity 4012. budget 3K.

Rear: a pair of 6x9 like the Alpine 690A or Infinity 9612i will provide you with some bass and rear fill. Budget 4K.

Amp: Sony 504 at about 5K.

Wires and installation: 3K.

Budget = 15K.
Old 25th October 2005, 10:59   #15
BHPian

Recently put PIO 4750 and four kenwood speakers on my accent. Since I didn't want the rear shelf to be cut up, I prefered 6 inch speakers. And believe me, the bass and clarity are at par with XPLOD oval speakers, according to my friend who's got XPLOD !!! And IMO, Kenwood speakers sounded better than PIO when I heard them both at the dealer.

Most Viewed