Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2010, 09:39   #1
BHPian

Plug the Linea?

Dear fellow BHPians and gurus,

I have a Linea Emo Pack, and would like to do an upgrade. After going through the threads, it seems like changing the speakers alone wont be good enough as the head unit has only 30*4 = 120W output and cannot drive any co-ax or components. Hence i would like to add a THA 475 PnP and components.( Since i want to retain the HU)

Questions:
1) Will This Amp be able to run 2 pairs components(Front and Back)
2) Can anybody tell me how to source it? And how much it might cost?
3) Can it run a SUB (at a later stage )?
4) Is there anythig else i should get along with the AMP,( eg: any connecting cable)

Do excuse my ignorance, as i am a noob at ICE.

My Budget is about 20K.( for the amp and at least a pair of components for the front now)
Pls Help!!!
Regards,

Last edited by DerAlte : 2nd June 2010 at 15:09. Reason: Removed Font and size tags
Old 2nd June 2010, 15:16   #2
Senior - BHPian

1. Yes it will run both the front and the rear speakers. It is a 4 channel amp
2. Check with the Blaupunkt distributors - I think it is still Mandovi Motors. If they don't have a clear idea, they should be able to give you the contact reference of the Blaupunkt sales guys
3. If you don't put the rear speakers on this amp, you will be able to connect a sub across the rear channels. An alternative is the THA555pnp, which is a 5 channel amp with a dedicated sub channel, where you can put the rear speakers also on the amp
4. All the cables for the THA---pnp amps come with the amp
5. I think coaxes are sufficient for the rear, especially if you are able to put 6x9 coaxials on the parcel shelf. Linea does have a provision for the tweeters of components on the rear door (it is near the door latch), but I have no idea what size tweeter will fit behind that tiny grill. Midbass is a 5.25" location in the rear doors
Old 3rd June 2010, 10:51   #3
BHPian

Linea -Quote 1

Hi everyone,

First off, thanks a lot to ShaujFX and DerAltDel for their help.
With a little Guidance, i went to Car Shringar, Bangalore and got a quote. Here it is,

1)Hertz 4- Channel Amplifier(800 W) 7500 Rs
2)Components ( Front)- 8000 Rs(dont know the model, full black box with quake 3 kind of symbol on it and i think it starts with T (in red)). Guess Boston.
3) High Low Convertor - 3000 Rs
4) 10" Woofer- Hertz with wooden enclosure. RS 7000
5) Damping-4500Rs
6) Wiring Kit - 2500 Rs

Procedure:

The person said, he will pull a wire from the Battery to power the AMP and the front components will be connected to it along with the Sub - Woofer.

Questions:

1)Since my car has a Blue and Me, how will 'pulling a wire from the battery' it affect the warrenty?

2)There is an issue of the AMP not turning off even if the key is removed in LInea, as the HU still runs to support BLUE and ME. He has told me that the set up is done in a way that there is no such problem. The AMP will turn off if the key is pulled out.( Something about connecting to the Key ring or so with the HL convertor which ensures that the AMP is not running if Key is pulled out.)

3)Will such an arrangement put a considerable load on the elec system of the vehicle?

Any Signal Processor like RF360 etc is out of the question due to budget issues.

Options:

1) I have asked for a Blaupunkt tha 475 PnP Amp. They have the Amp but no wiring kit. Hopefully they can arrange that part. Will this Amp solve my problem???

2) The person at Car Shringar told me that Blaupunkt AMPS have a tendency to fail !!. Is this true??

Any advice is welcome, as i intend to do the work this saturday.
Gurus Pls Help,
Regards

Last edited by Technocrat : 5th January 2011 at 23:17. Reason: Only 3 smilies per post allowed, thanks
Old 3rd June 2010, 14:46   #4
Senior - BHPian

Try EVO in Cambridge Layout or Autofusion Koramangala. At least they say it as it is without talking nonsense.

The Car Shringar person is not-very-subtly asking you to take what he wants to give, not what you should go in for. At least Blau has India-based service, Boston doesn't. And as far as failure is concerned, any and every brand fails - service matters more than failure rate.
Old 3rd June 2010, 15:12   #5
BHPian

Agree with Derlite. Talk to Satya (owner of EVO) at Cambridge Layout. He will tell you exactly what needs to be done. You will find his number in the Bangalore Directory. Lot of us has gotten stuff done from him and he is very good with what he does i.e. audio installs
Old 3rd June 2010, 16:25   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
dont know the model, full black box with quake 3 kind of symbol on it and i think it starts with T (in red))
lol; that was fun. Should be b in red background.

Check other Linear threads too. Should help
Old 3rd June 2010, 17:20   #7
BHPian

Hello every one..

Thanks DerAlte

The components are from Morel. (Rs 9000)
The only confusion i have is about the Amplifier. They can connect a Hertz Amp(800W), but they have to draw a line from the battery. I dont know if the vehicle alternator can handle such a load.( Also, its not a class D Amp)

The other option still is Blau THA 475 PnP. They dont need to pull a wire for this one from the battery. Its rumoured to be more efficient also.But it will cost me another 8K for this one, and i am already at the limit.

Can the vehicle handle the Hertz 800W amp + Components + a woofer(10") with without frying the electrical system?

Regards

Last edited by octy9833 : 3rd June 2010 at 17:26.
Old 4th June 2010, 09:47   #8
BHPian

Good morning friends,

I am going for the installation tomorrow.

The set up right now is,
1) Blaupunkt 4 channel Amp THA 475- (14,000Rs)
2) Morel Temo Components 6" -(9000 Rs)
3) Damping - 4000Rs
4) Wiring/Cabling- I am not sure
(Prices Quoted by Car Shringar)

Satya of EVO has told me he will inform the availability of Blau AMP today, as he doesnt have stock.

out of budget for a Sub.

Any suggestions??

Regards
Old 4th June 2010, 14:04   #9
BHPian

@Octy9833: Do post some information on the Blaupunkt Pnp Amp. I am looking for an Amp and the Blaupunkt dealer told me about the Pnp series which are pretty much a bolt on addition to the OE HU.

Please post some pictures of the installation.
Old 4th June 2010, 14:39   #10
Senior - BHPian

@octy9833, do try out other components too to see which sound signature you like best. Yes, Satya should be able to demo different brands / models - JBL, Infinity, Blaupunkt, Boston, Hertz, etc. It will be great if you can hear something installed in cars.

Don't worry about the load on the alternator - unless you intend to use the ICE as a PA system, the load is OK.
Old 4th June 2010, 15:49   #11
BHPian

hey.. where did you finally get it installed? Let us know the difference in prices quoted by Car Shringar and Evo.

also, if you want a demo of Boston components let me know, i will be happy to. Or ask Satya to give me a call.
Old 4th June 2010, 19:15   #12
UKR
BHPian

Looks like Satya will have another customer if this one goes well!!

I also had read in some forum that Blaupunkt amps need good air circulation as they tend to overheat. I am sorry I don't have the link where I read it.

By the way did you by any chance happen to enquire about THA555pnp 5 channel amp price? Also which parts are you planning to dampen? Please do post detailed information and pics.
Old 4th June 2010, 19:46   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKR View Post
By the way did you by any chance happen to enquire about THA555pnp 5 channel amp price?
THA 555 Pnp 5 Channel Amp costs around 24K. Plus it would need special cables to attach to the OE HU (incase you are planning to do so). These cables are around 5K

Source: Bluapunkt Dealer (Auto Sonic) Bandra, Mumbai
Old 6th June 2010, 08:39   #14
BHPian

Thanks Everyone, specially DerAlte and ShaujFX

The install was done yesterday at Car Shringar itself, Only he could source me the Blau PnP Amp. The install took a good amount of time.

1) Damping went in first for the front 2 doors, DLS Damping Sheet
2) Morel Tempo 6" components went in next.
3) Installing the AMP took 15 minutes as it was plug and play. No wiring from battery etc etc.
4) JBL 10" woofer

PICS coming up in the evening

Thanks Everyone
Old 6th June 2010, 15:30   #15
BHPian

do tell us how it sounds?
is blue and me still working?
any other problems ?

congratulations!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks