Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2005, 18:54   #16
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Rocam
Can ipod be attached to p1Y? Which Amp will u recommend ? is it really necessary?
yes the ipod can be attached to both the HUs but the P1Y has already a built in ipod adaptor whereas for the 7750 u need a external adaptor..well there arent many differences between the two..for a comparison btwn the two check out this link:
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pn...6_4041,00.html
Old 31st October 2005, 21:45   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
yes the ipod can be attached to both the HUs but the P1Y has already a built in ipod adaptor whereas for the 7750 u need a external adaptor..well there arent many differences between the two..for a comparison btwn the two check out this link:
err.. Most current models are compatible with the CD-IB100 interface. Both the P1Y and the 7750 need the CD-IB100 to interface with the Ipod.
Old 31st October 2005, 22:59   #18
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
err.. Most current models are compatible with the CD-IB100 interface. Both the P1Y and the 7750 need the CD-IB100 to interface with the Ipod.
sorry folks.. but gunbir the website says the 7750 needs an external adaptor whereas it doesnt say anything about the adaptor for P1Y..so i assumed it to have it already..thanks for correcting..
PS: hey GB great to have u back..
Old 2nd November 2005, 13:29   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Hi maclaren, If P1Y has built in ipod adaptor how do we connect ipod to it ? The link you have given doesnt shows anything but gives err mssg
Old 2nd November 2005, 16:35   #20
BANNED

Quote:
Hi maclaren, If P1Y has built in ipod adaptor how do we connect ipod to it ? The link you have given doesnt shows anything but gives err mssg
hey FR pls read gunbirs comment..he is right..and btw just go to that site and compare the two HUs..thats the link i provided but it doesnt seem to be working..
il try posting another link :
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pn...6_4039,00.html

if this link doesnt work check out the HU with model numbers and compare them..
1. deh 7700mp thats nothing but the 7750 in india..
2. deh p80mp thats again the P1Y..

PS: only the premier version of the P1Y seems to have the i pod adaptor as a OE option and not external..not the pioneer model..

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 2nd November 2005 at 16:39.
Old 2nd November 2005, 18:24   #21
BHPian

thanks a lot mclaren, i have installed p1Y with JBL 936e in rear and 606ce in front without amps for the moment, She sounds pretty good and i am quite happy with the Bass O/P which is without amp & Sub, Since P1Y is 60W RMS i am doubt i will go for amp since current setup is more than sufficient for me and it sounds great!
thanks again and wish u all and other t-bhpians a very happy diwali.
Old 2nd November 2005, 18:36   #22
BANNED

Quote:
thanks a lot mclaren, i have installed p1Y with JBL 936e in rear and 606ce in front without amps for the moment, She sounds pretty good and i am quite happy with the Bass O/P which is without amp & Sub, Since P1Y is 60W RMS i am doubt i will go for amp since current setup is more than sufficient for me and it sounds great!
thanks again and wish u all and other t-bhpians a very happy diwali.
congrats FR..thats a good setup..well i would suggest u get a amp to run the above speakers..they will sound so much better with an amp that u will be blown away..well the amp of the HU might be running very hard and hot to drive ur speakers..so the sooner u get the amp the better..anyways once again congrats on ur buy and also u might have put up a good fight for the record on tbhp for getting done with ur setup the earliest ..
Old 2nd November 2005, 19:12   #23
BHPian

Quote:
congrats FR..thats a good setup..well i would suggest u get a amp to run the above speakers..they will sound so much better with an amp that u will be blown away..well the amp of the HU might be running very hard and hot to drive ur speakers..so the sooner u get the amp the better..anyways once again congrats on ur buy and also u might have put up a good fight for the record on tbhp for getting done with ur setup the earliest lol: ..
Ya i have kept my options open for the Amp but for the moment i have other priorities for the modification in the engine dept ,i will go for amp & sub but not immediate, will post soon when i decide,meantime if u could recommend me which amp and sub should i go for with current setup ,i would like to study that before implementing,
Old 2nd November 2005, 19:26   #24
BANNED

Quote:
Ya i have kept my options open for the Amp but for the moment i have other priorities for the modification in the engine dept ,i will go for amp & sub but not immediate, will post soon when i decide,meantime if u could recommend me which amp and sub should i go for with current setup ,i would like to study that before implementing,
well basically ud need a 4ch amp atleast if not a 5ch amp to run ur setup that is once u add a sub..the problem with a 4 ch amp is that u will have to power the 936's through the HUs amp then..however all the gurus here recommend amplification of all the speakers for optimum results..
well coming to the amps and subs there are far too many brands available in the market so naming a few will be really difficult..if u can let us know ur budget for the amp and sub we will be able to tell u what all brands to look at..hope that helps..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks