Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2010, 23:14   #31
BHPian

Congrats buddy, enjoy your setup and drive safe
Old 1st July 2010, 10:36   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_786 View Post
Congrats whizzkid on your setup. I hope you are enjoying music to the fullest...
Thanx man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadra View Post
Congrats buddy, enjoy your setup and drive safe
Thanx bro. Actually my plan is to do the setup at EVO but due to time constraint i can't step in Bangalore.

Some reviews about the equipment:

A) The Auditor RIP 4280 4 ch amp plays the compos & coaxials only after 3 seconds after the HU is switched on. I mean only the bass plays 1st & then the songs.

Asking the TEKNOCRAT guys about this, they told all the AUDITOR amps are default by this type only.

BASS & TROUBLE could clear this.

B) EL 6.1 & DLS 428 produce decent bass without sub.

C) X994 is exceptionally superb in sound quality. I recommend this HU as this stand apart.

D) Some noise is heard, i think its whine noise heard when the HU is switched on but it doesn't increase when volume is up or accelerator depressed.

E) I am unaware how to keep the TA settings for SWIFT. Could anyone suggest me. You could see the pic of TA settings in one of the above post.

F) In what setting to keep the Rear "Xover"?
Is this should be in "THROUGH" or with the same as 80hz as front Xover ?

G) How to download the contacts in my phonebook to this HU? A step by step procedure needed badly.

Some speech given by BALA(Teknocrat)

1. NOISEKILL dampers are useless, it's life is only 3 to 6 months

2. Stinger RCAs are utter waste. This is the reason for the whine noise.

3. 8 ga is more than enough for your monoblock & sub, Why you bought ZERO?? Its waste.

and one good thing he said at last,

4. He asked me who suggested this HU? "Myself, Why?" The SQ in this HU X994 is fantastic than ALPINE.

After the installation over, I called NITROUS, asked him to come down and check the setup & tuning in the HU. We met on the highway & he checked the whole setup & tuned it and he said SQ is superb.

Loads of knowledge in his head and he cleared my queries with patience.

After half an hour we bid farewell & left the place. This is my ICE story.

Last edited by whizzkid_ram : 1st July 2010 at 10:51.
Old 1st July 2010, 11:23   #33
BHPian

Congrats whizzkid_ram. Nice ICE setup!
I have the X794 for my ICE and the sound quality is mind blowing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whizzkid_ram View Post
A) The Auditor RIP 4280 4 ch amp plays the compos & coaxials only after 3 seconds after the HU is switched on. I mean only the bass plays 1st & then the songs.
It's because the power-up time of your mono is lesser than the Auditor amp. Don't think much can be done about it.

Quote:
D) Some noise is heard, i think its whine noise heard when the HU is switched on but it doesn't increase when volume is up or accelerator depressed.
Check whether you hear the noise when the car is off and the system is on. The most common cause is improper grounding of the HU/Amp. Could also be because of the RCA cables being routed with the power wire.

Quote:
E) I am unaware how to keep the TA settings for SWIFT. Could anyone suggest me. You could see the pic of TA settings in one of the above post.
Checkout this thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...16-fiesta.html
Experiment with just the fronts first. Then enable the rears and finally integrate the sub with the fronts and rears. The TA on Kenwood Xcelon sets is a PITA to be honest.

Quote:
F) In what setting to keep the Rear "Xover"?
Is this should be in "THROUGH" or with the same as 80hz as front Xover ?
60-70Hz with a 12db slope would be a good HPF crossover point for the 8"ers.

Quote:
1. NOISEKILL dampers are useless, it's life is only 3 to 6 months
It all depends on how the damping sheet is installed. Using a heat-gun and a roller is the proper way. I did a complete DIY damping for my Alto last year. So far so good.

Quote:
2. Stinger RCAs are utter waste. This is the reason for the whine noise.
Highly unlikely
Old 1st July 2010, 12:10   #34
BHPian

Congrats Whizz. I feel the installation charge high and how do u feel kickers in this SQ setup?
Old 1st July 2010, 19:41   #35
Senior - BHPian

Hey Ram, Superb Pics. I love that Tweeter arms. Thats Tecknocrat for you. These guys do these things real neat.

I am sure our Nitrous magic touch would have made the great sounding setup even better.

Looking forward for an Audition
Old 1st July 2010, 20:07   #36
BHPian

I was never a fan of placing the amps under the seats. Way too much dust there.
Unknowingly, People sitting on the rear seats might break the wires or the terminals while stretching their legs. These places are also prone to water/coke spillage.
Old 2nd July 2010, 09:46   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post
Hey Ram, Superb Pics. I love that Tweeter arms. Thats Tecknocrat for you. These guys do these things real neat.

I am sure our Nitrous magic touch would have made the great sounding setup even better.

Mi10, I prefer that tweeter location to be on the pillars. If there is some kids or baby's sitting in the co passenger seat.. imagine
Old 2nd July 2010, 10:12   #38
BHPian

@whizzkid_ram, that was a really nice setup and excellent choice of equipments buddy.

Let us know how you sourced the HU and the DLS speakers, did you get it from USA.

How is the Kicker woofer in terms of SQL setup.
Old 2nd July 2010, 11:11   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr_007 View Post
@whizzkid_ram, that was a really nice setup and excellent choice of equipments buddy.

Let us know how you sourced the HU and the DLS speakers, did you get it from USA.

The HU (Kenwood X994) and Components (DLS) are available in local markets now. I saw the same in a store here in Bangalore.
Old 2nd July 2010, 11:16   #40
Senior - BHPian

How much is the X994 in Bangalore?
Old 2nd July 2010, 14:52   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelightening View Post
Congrats Whizz. I feel the installation charge high and how do u feel kickers in this SQ setup?
Yes, Apart from the equipment they sell, they are at higher end in charges too. Kickers produce superb boom but it ain't affect the SQ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelord View Post
Congrats whizzkid_ram. Nice ICE setup!
I have the X794 for my ICE and the sound quality is mind blowing!
Yeah lord, Thanx. I love the SQ.

Quote:
Check whether you hear the noise when the car is off and the system is on.
I couldn't hear that noise when the car is off & system is on. I hear only when the car is driven with the windows full rolled up with AC off, that also negligible minute noise only. I think the RCAs routed with the power wires may be the cause. Do you refer these wires in the below pic?

Quote:
Experiment with just the fronts first. Then enable the rears and finally integrate the sub with the fronts and rears. The TA on Kenwood Xcelon sets is a PITA to be honest.
I switched off the sub in the HU. I have kept the fronts in 0.66 ft & how to disable the rears?. Do you mean to keep the setting at 0.00 ft makes the rears off? & from the first day the EQ is set as FLAT till now.

Quote:
60-70Hz with a 12db slope would be a good HPF crossover point
I have kept the Xover of rear DLS at 60Hz with -12db slope as per your advise.

Quote:
It all depends on how the damping sheet is installed. Using a heat-gun and a roller is the proper way. I did a complete DIY damping for my Alto last year. So far so good.
The Noisekill dampers are doing good job except in the Hatch door. If the volume is kept high with the increase in bass the hatch starts rattling. Need to damp the hatch door again.

Quote:
Highly unlikely
Do these stinger RCAs would create serious problem to the system and need to be replaced or leave as it is?

Quote:
Yes, I agree that Teknocrat guys do neat job without getting permission from us. I mean, they put equipments of their own wish which will be good for the system without asking us & give the bill at last. The tweeter tray that comes with the EL6.1 is useless with me now.

Quote:
Of course.

Quote:
With pleasure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAddict View Post
I was never a fan of placing the amps under the seats. Way too much dust there.
Unknowingly, People sitting on the rear seats might break the wires or the terminals while stretching their legs. These places are also prone to water/coke spillage.
Yes you are right, I need to take utmost care. But in my family doing some tours often, making the boot filled with luggage would make even more harm to amps if it is kept at the rear rather than under the seats.

Quote:
Mi10, I prefer that tweeter location to be on the pillars. If there is some kids or baby's sitting in the co passenger seat.. imagine
Dude, They are not that much fragile. It's strongly fixed. But again, need to take care.

Quote:
Thanx a lot.

Quote:
HU was bought from USA through my cousin & DLS are bought from our fellow Bhpian Bass & Trouble who resides at Mumbai.

Quote:
As B&T suggested, it satisfy my needs of bass & it ain't affect the SQ as the source unit produce beautiful SQ & makes the equipment sounding clear. I am happy with my system except for the rattles in my swift. lolz

Quote:
The HU (Kenwood X994) and Components (DLS) are available in local markets now. I saw the same in a store here in Bangalore.
I too have seen it on the web showing info. that it is being sold at Bangy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
How much is the X994 in Bangalore?
I think it retails for 19k bux in our country.

@ thelord

Some queries for you.

A) The installer advised me to always put an audio cd by default in the HU even the HU is swiched off. Why he said so?

B) How to connect the ipod? whether the system needs any additional accessory?

C) Where is the "MENU" button on the remote?

D) Is it advisable to keep the EQ flat or we can adjust it to our preference? If yes for the latter & the effect is ON & gain is increased for Band 1, will it do any harm to the compos & rear coaxials?

E) Can you send me a track that has both centered and surround vocals to my id (mailtoramm@gmail.com) to keep settings of TA

F) I don't know how to keep TA settings for rears :(. How the distance is calculated in the HU by unit of Feet? from driver seat to rear or center of dash to rear or any other? Full chaos :P
Old 2nd July 2010, 15:09   #42
BHPian

@Whizz_kid, thanks for replying to all my questions. Enjoy your music buddy..
Old 5th July 2010, 13:33   #43
BHPian

Hey Ram, I tried to answer a few questions.
Good luck!
Quote:
I couldn't hear that noise when the car is off & system is on. I hear only when the car is driven with the windows full rolled up with AC off, that also negligible minute noise only. I think the RCAs routed with the power wires may be the cause. Do you refer these wires in the below pic?

It's hard to tell from the pic. But ideally, the RCAs should be routed in a way that there is minimum interference from the Power/Grounding/Speaker Wire.

I switched off the sub in the HU. I have kept the fronts in 0.66 ft & how to disable the rears?. Do you mean to keep the setting at 0.00 ft makes the rears off? & from the first day the EQ is set as FLAT till now.

The rears can be disabled from the Speaker Type Selection Menu in Advanced Audio Options. (where you get options like 6*9, 5*7 etc, just select Not in Use)

@ thelord

Some queries for you.

A) The installer advised me to always put an audio cd by default in the HU even the HU is swiched off. Why he said so?

He want you to switch to CDs

B) How to connect the ipod? whether the system needs any additional accessory?

Simple plug-n-play.

C) Where is the "MENU" button on the remote?

Press the Up or Down key and it'll enable the MENU

D) Is it advisable to keep the EQ flat or we can adjust it to our preference? If yes for the latter & the effect is ON & gain is increased for Band 1, will it do any harm to the compos & rear coaxials?

Using the EQ is the last option for me. But yes, if you do, it won't harm the comps/coaxials because they are HPF'd. I'd HPF the front comps to 80hz

E) Can you send me a track that has both centered and surround vocals to my id (mailtoramm@gmail.com) to keep settings of TA

Test out any track that has main vocals and chorus. Usually you can hear the chorus distinctly in the left and right channels where as the main vocals mostly appear to come from the center.

F) I don't know how to keep TA settings for rears :(. How the distance is calculated in the HU by unit of Feet? from driver seat to rear or center of dash to rear or any other? Full chaos :P

Full chaos indeed! In my opinion, setting TA for the rears and fronts together will be an extremely tedious task. Infact, I'd suggest you keep the gains of the rears low so that they don't interfere with the imaging of the front components. But feel free to experiment with the settings and let us know if you manage to come out with an appropriate value
Old 5th July 2010, 18:37   #44
BHPian

^^^

Thanx. Will try to experiment and another question i forgot to ask. Where is 3.5 AUX IN?
Old 5th July 2010, 19:45   #45
Senior - BHPian

3.5mm jack socket (black plastic circle), bottom right at the rear of the HU to the right of the bottom pair of Pre-out RCA sockets. This is the analog Aux-in.

Last edited by DerAlte : 5th July 2010 at 19:46.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks