Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2010, 18:18   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniqueMods View Post
another option for a woofer. pic is not a zen, but still possible.
thats a pretty neat install !!
my friend just bought a santro CNG a couple of days ago and was thinking if he could go for a SW.
Can anybody in New Delhi really do this ??
Old 6th June 2012, 08:26   #17
BHPian

ICE in a Hatchback with a CNG kit?

Until a few days ago, i ws a happy boy. driving my swift, with a rocking ICE set up. Hey, i liked it. :P
But then came the CNG kit, after the exorbitant rise in petrol prices.
Now i request ice gurus to help me out.
I want to add a subwoofer,like the one i had before, but since i have no boot space left, what do i do?
The CNG tank is at a height of 6" from the boot floor.
please advice me guys. I cant llive without a sub. I do not plan on changing the front stage or the rear stage. Im open to changing the entire substage. (Subwoofer+ amp). But it would be nice if i could stay within a budget of 10k
thanks again guys
Old 6th June 2012, 14:19   #18
Senior - BHPian

Re: ICE in a Hatchback with a CNG kit?

Please post a picture of your boot, and a list of what stuff you have. This will enable us to visualize your situation better.
Old 6th June 2012, 15:31   #19
BHPian

Re: ICEing a Zen with CNG cylinder installed.

Used to drive a Zen with a CNG kit until 2009 when I picked up my Swift Vdi.

Had a rather basic Kenwood HU (which was pulled out off a Lancer GLd which my dad sold in 2005 and then put in the Zen) which did a decent job playing my CD's (thru a 10 CD changer, mounted under the passenger seat) for quite a while.

Then did get irritated of the flat sound after a point once I managed to save some money up. The itch in the hands to spend on the car rose and did put in a little money into bettering the sound.

Got fibre glass + wood enclosures for the front doors and put in 6" JBL's (basic components, don't remember the model no, was back in 2008, no crossover units, only a simple resistor between the speaker and the tweeter) and put in a half inch plank on the boot door with a set of then available Blaupunkt 5 1/4"slim components (again without a crossover) on the plank.

I know the installation has already been done on the Zen in question on this thread, but a combination of 6" components upfront and 5 1/4" components in the boot door should do justice without having to do any fancy fibreglass work or compromising on sound despite having a CNG tank in the boot.
Old 6th June 2012, 15:35   #20
BHPian

Re: ICE in a Hatchback with a CNG kit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HimuraKenshin View Post
Until a few days ago, i ws a happy boy. driving my swift, with a rocking ICE set up. Hey, i liked it. :P
But then came the CNG kit, after the exorbitant rise in petrol prices.
Now i request ice gurus to help me out.
I want to add a subwoofer,like the one i had before, but since i have no boot space left, what do i do?
The CNG tank is at a height of 6" from the boot floor.
please advice me guys. I cant llive without a sub. I do not plan on changing the front stage or the rear stage. Im open to changing the entire substage. (Subwoofer+ amp). But it would be nice if i could stay within a budget of 10k
thanks again guys
I think you would be able to get an active slim subwoofer for that budget.

They sound pretty awesome for their size and depth and don't depend on an enclosure but really on the size of the cabin that it needs to spread around in.

Thereby saving you the cost of sub+amp+custom enclosure for car with CNG tank.

Pioneer has a series available in India, or if you get lucky you could find one from Clarion as well.
Old 15th November 2013, 20:31   #21

Excuse my newbie question, but can an amplifier be fitted into the trunk of a car that has a CNG kit installed? my bro's fabia has one on the front wall of the trunk, and a cng kit would certainly block access to this area
Old 16th November 2013, 17:58   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdiddy741 View Post
Excuse my newbie question, but can an amplifier be fitted into the trunk of a car that has a CNG kit installed? my bro's fabia has one on the front wall of the trunk, and a cng kit would certainly block access to this area
Not recommended. It is not about access, but about sparking if the installation is not good enough or wires are frayed.

Better mount the amp below one of the front seats.
DerAlte is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2013, 18:54   #23
Senior - BHPian

Yess u can very well install amplifier and subwoofer in a CNG fitted car,infact you can even use multiple amplifier's.

There are specific ways to get the complete system install in a CNG fitted car
Ref pic:
ICEing a Zen with CNG cylinder installed.-img2012112800995.jpg

Needs precision calculations,correct equipments and installation skillset to do it.Cost is a bit expensive though.Sound output almost similar doing a regular install. You need to use a subwoofer which has a Qts to run it in a small sealed enclosure RMS power is you can expect from 130-150 acts as a low frequency filling.

Ramie

Last edited by ramie2400 : 16th November 2013 at 19:01.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks