Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2012, 21:14   #31
BHPian

Re: How to ICE PreOwned Chevrolet Optra

I have absolutely no claims on being a guru or anything like that, but I would suggest you take a look at the Focal Access 165A1 compos. I had pretty much settled on Alpine R series speakers, but I preferred the SQ on these. I haven't checked out the Focal polyglass range since they were beyond my budget but if the components I'm using are any indication, they should be quite good.
Old 18th February 2012, 18:21   #32
Senior - BHPian

Re: How to ICE PreOwned Chevrolet Optra

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhaiyo View Post
Thanks for your suggestion, will consider that.. but right now am also looking at a few more options besides the infintys, like the alpine R series, Polk MM, etc.

Will look to ask for advice there once i can narrow down on a few options.

Btw, any personal suggestions from your side for 6.5' comps with good SQ?
also, any for a 5-channel amp? i am considering the Alpine PDX-5.

@ Navin, Der Alte - Sirs, your suggestions would be highly appreciated as well..

thanks
@Kanhaiyo: Mate, my selection process for speakers has been based more on price and auditioning what I could. Have used brands only as rough starting points.

I am very far from being any sort of a guru. Take my opinions only as a very very rough guide.

Have usually found most Alpine stuff very pleasing. One probably pays a bit of premium for that quality. If I had to make a choice only on brands, without auditioning in a medium budget, I would be inclined to go with them. Balupunkt too makes good stuff.

I personally was very impressed with Auditors, especially for the price they sell at, out here. It seems to be a bit like the Optra. Not fancy presentations or promotions; the company just spending money on making a good product within a price range. DLS also makes some good stuff.

Had heard an Alpine-Focal setup. The guy had spent about a lac odd on the ICE. He was very happy with it, however it was not to my taste at all. Was too sharp and in-your-face sort of sound. I personally prefer a bit warmer and 'well rounded' sound, with a proper and smooth midrange (often appreciable after spending more time with the system). Would rather compromise on the bass and treble, than the midrange. This puts my tastes a bit away from most people I see around. Sound, after all is very personal.

Well, if you are serious about your sound, make a purchase after you audition it. Even if it means spending more - you never even know, that you might save money. I can see myself being happier with maybe 10-30k being spent on Auditors etc, than with the Lac spent by the polite gentleman who allowed me an auditioning in his car.

PS: That said, the Focals I heard did produce very detailed sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknophobia View Post
I have absolutely no claims on being a guru or anything like that, but I would suggest you take a look at the Focal Access 165A1 compos. I had pretty much settled on Alpine R series speakers, but I preferred the SQ on these. I haven't checked out the Focal polyglass range since they were beyond my budget but if the components I'm using are any indication, they should be quite good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Poitive,

1. My knowledge about audio is limited - very limited. I am learning too.
Thanks Navin. What is benchmarked as "very limited" by you is way beyond what most of us ever hope to know! Appreciate your sharing your knowledge; even on that said thread. The rest has already been discussed via PM and will keep to the PMs till otherwise needed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks