Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2011, 22:23   #31
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Beat LT ICEd

This thread was lying dead for sometime and now I'm back. Finally after months of my audition videos gathering dust in my hard drive I decided to do something about it. Managed to do a rough edit and upload the video to youtube. Here it is for you guys to see and judge. Video was taken during night and its not the best an amateur like me could capture. Let me know your thoughts people

Old 2nd June 2011, 12:39   #32

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Typing a message which is not a value-addition to the topic being discussed, or is just entirely irrelevant is considered as “Spam” on this community. Spamming is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 9th June 2011 at 14:01.
dj_square is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 12th July 2011, 16:05   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alstonlobo View Post
This thread was lying dead for sometime and now I'm back. Finally after months of my audition videos gathering dust in my hard drive I decided to do something about it. Managed to do a rough edit and upload the video to Youtube. Here it is for you guys to see and judge. Video was taken during night and its not the best an amateur like me could capture. Let me know your thoughts people
Hi, I have a question, did you fit the 6*9 Polk speakers in the space that chevy has provided in the rear corners on the Boot?

The company Rear speakers were of what size originally? does the polk normal being placed in the corner there? I mean to say incase the Polk was mounted on the parcel tray and placed on the tray like other cars wouldnt it sound better than it being fitted in the corner? (imagine you didnt have the sub woofer in the Boot)

Cheers
Old 12th July 2011, 16:27   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash24 View Post
Hi, I have a question, did you fit the 6*9 Polk speakers in the space that chevy has provided in the rear corners on the Boot?

The company Rear speakers were of what size originally? does the polk normal being placed in the corner there? I mean to say incase the Polk was mounted on the parcel tray and placed on the tray like other cars wouldnt it sound better than it being fitted in the corner? (imagine you didnt have the sub woofer in the Boot)

Cheers
Hi,

The factory size for rear speakers is 6x4 and I have replaced these with the same size Polk (please refer to the first page of this thread for complete details)

6x9 speakers do sound better than 6x4, but I wanted the practicality of the parcel tray, the 6x9 speakers would not sound good enough if not run through an amplifier. The placement of these speakers on the stock location does not hamper any throw and it sound absolutely normal and clear.

Hope that helps, thanks.

Alston
Old 12th July 2011, 22:57   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

The factory size for rear speakers is 6x4 and I have replaced these with the same size Polk (please refer to the first page of this thread for complete details)

6x9 speakers do sound better than 6x4, but I wanted the practicality of the parcel tray, the 6x9 speakers would not sound good enough if not run through an amplifier. The placement of these speakers on the stock location does not hamper any throw and it sound absolutely normal and clear.

Hope that helps, thanks.

Alston
Thanks i just posted the question to you and got a chance to go to the chevy dealership today, to TD the chevy Beat diesel, IMO the 6*4 are horrible and i doubt we can fit a 6*9 in the same slot? can we do that?
This is one the major reasons why i'm confused to buy the beat or not. first of all the boot is small, secondly cant fit a decent 6*9 rear speaker in the space provided by chevy.
Old 3rd September 2011, 23:13   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Hope that helps, thanks.

Alston
Hi Alston,

Am planning to upgrade my front speaker. Already upgraded the rear speaker. Its from JBL. Unfortunately I forgot the model number. its 300w and i paid around 3500 rs and installed it before 6 months. Can any of you guys please advice which model i have to go for??? Waiting for your suggestions...
Old 4th September 2011, 18:38   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekm85 View Post
Hi Alston,

Am planning to upgrade my front speaker. Can any of you guys please advice which model i have to go for??? Waiting for your suggestions...
Hi Vivek,

When I planned to ICE my car, the front speakers I shortlisted were Illusion Electra 4.1 component speakers. Sadly I did not get these as they were unavailable. But I'm not complaining, I'm happy the way my setup sounds. If you are on a budget string I really would not recommend any particular brand or model, I just went for the Boston si403 as they sounded good enough for the price I paid. Since my rear setup delivered the thump, I needed somethin in the front to complement the overall sound.

You might get some good 4 incher coaxials in JBL for a small sum. By the way I am seeing it, I believe you are not adding an amplifier to your setup and you are running your speakers directly through the HU. There should be others on the forum who have upgraded their front speakers, I suppose they can also give you their opinion.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Cheers,
Alston
Old 5th September 2011, 03:07   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekm85 View Post
Hi Alston,

Am planning to upgrade my front speaker. Can any of you guys please advice which model i have to go for??? Waiting for your suggestions...
Infinity makes 4" speakers,as far as I know(model is 42.9i if my memory serves me right)

Most cars today come with slots for 6.5 inchers ; getting good 4 inchers is an issue.

If someone is giving away a set of Illusion Electra 4.1 compos,that would be the best bet.
Old 25th September 2011, 21:26   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks man, yes the setup is miles ahead and better than stock one. The SQ is 'Gangsta' now if I had to put it in one word

The blue leds actually work as both cosmetic appeal and boot light as I got the stock boot bulb cancelled. After all, blue is the theme of my car's interiors.
Hi alstonlobo, I need your help, according to my info LS also will be having the wiring for Boot Light, could you identify the point in the following connector(is this the connector for boot light?) for boot light.
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Beat LT ICEd-img_0283.jpg  

Chevrolet Beat LT ICEd-img_0285.jpg  

Old 27th September 2011, 10:19   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_ambat View Post
Hi alstonlobo, I need your help, according to my info LS also will be having the wiring for Boot Light, could you identify the point in the following connector(is this the connector for boot light?) for boot light.

Hi ambat,

Unfortunately I cannot confirm the connector as I was not around my car when my boot light was being modified. However by the looks of it, this should be the boot light point, a good way to confirm it is to disconnect the point and see if the boot light activates or not

Cheers,
Alston
Old 27th September 2011, 10:55   #41
BHPian

hi alston, i was also in a dilemma of fitting the speakers in the stock speaker slot.now that you've given the configurations, things are turning out to be easy now.
Old 27th September 2011, 11:02   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kphilip View Post
hi alston, i was also in a dilemma of fitting the speakers in the stock speaker slot.now that you've given the configurations, things are turning out to be easy now.
Good to know that kphilip, however let me warn you in advanmce, it is really a pain to detach the reac speaker holders, you would definitely need the help of another person!
Old 4th November 2011, 14:54   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Here are the front and rear coaxials and a picture of just the rear one mounted on stock location. (sorry guys could not click install pics as I had my hands-full with DIY).
Do we require any wire cutting for the installation of speakers. My right front speaker jarring heavily. Planning to change all speakers. Rear stock speaker has a plugin socket. Can we use the same?

Cheers!

Vinu
Old 22nd November 2011, 15:50   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
Do we require any wire cutting for the installation of speakers. My right front speaker jarring heavily. Planning to change all speakers. Rear stock speaker has a plugin socket. Can we use the same?

Cheers!

Vinu

You do not have to cut or splice any wires, just disconnect your stock speakers and replace them with the new ones making connections using the plugin socket

Last edited by alstonlobo : 22nd November 2011 at 15:51.
alstonlobo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2012, 06:18   #45
BHPian

Hi there, after nearly 3 years, I think I need to get my speakers changed. They're starting to blare and crackle, etc so I figured now would be a good time to change them. I currently have the illusion components in the front and coaxials in the back. Can anyone suggest speakers of similar quality or better that won't require modifications? Thanks a lot guys!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks