Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2010, 14:41   #16
BHPian

Hi Abhi, just came across this. Please provide some more details regarding the install...your strategy of retaining the OEM HU may start a new trend over here, if the SQ turns out to be good. Awaiting a complete review with lots of pictures.

Have you left the rear speakers as it is?
Old 20th October 2010, 00:10   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Yes !!

The same place where you got the work done.
meeting u on saturday!!!
Old 14th November 2010, 15:54   #18
BHPian

Hey Abhi

Where are snaps of the install . No updates and pictures .
Old 14th November 2010, 19:44   #19
BHPian

I am so sorry. Well, I like the setup very much after I spent hours tuning it to my taste, nothing negative here, I am just held up with exams so could not find time for anything else.
Will update soon.
And regarding pictures, well everything inside is stock looking except for the boot wherein the mighty subwoofer box hides the equally big amplifier that is bolted to the rear seats. But, I will try to take some pics.
Plus, I want to take some time out and get my setup reviewed and fine tuned by LBMji.
Old 16th November 2010, 12:53   #20
BHPian

Guys
I need some help.
My amplifier has three 40A fuses.
Now, I am having a hard time finding a Fuse and Fuse Holder that is to be connected to the battery.
1. What amperage to go for?
2. Where can I get them from?
Old 16th November 2010, 13:24   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuru16 View Post
Guys
I need some help.
Now, I am having a hard time finding a Fuse and Fuse Holder that is to be connected to the battery.
1. 100 Amps
2. LBM
Old 16th November 2010, 17:42   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys
I need some help.
So you have been running your setup without a FUSE / FUSE BOX till now
Old 16th November 2010, 22:22   #23
BHPian

Frankly, yes, but at sane volumes.
And Panky, I tried contacting LBM twice through PM, once when he was online, but no response.
I think it would be more appropriate if I personally call him tomorrow, I feel he gets irritated by my constant PMs

Last edited by bblost : 17th November 2010 at 02:11.
Old 18th November 2010, 12:25   #24
BHPian

Quote:
@abhipuru
I'm also going the finolex way for powering my setup, so If you happen to source the fuse and the fuse holder do tell us ,where from.

BTW at what rate per meter did your source the 25 sqmm wire ? and where from? I'm having trouble finding it here as most household electrical stores dont stock such industrial grade cables, plus they refuse to sell loose qty.

Cheers

GT
Old 18th November 2010, 12:30   #25
BHPian

I maybe wrong, but, as far as I remember it was Rs. 170/m for 25sq.mm Finolex, but, what is your equipment going to be like? Maybe you won't require that grade of wiring. PM me if you don't want to disclose now.
My installer got it for me.
And regarding the fuse, I talked to LBM, he told me he'd be getting fuses for his "setup under construction" as well from Ajay (Bass&Trouble) who is not available as of now, as soon as he comes back, he'd get one for me, talk to LBM and tell him the amperage of the fuse you want. He'd surely be of help.
Old 18th November 2010, 15:27   #26
BHPian

Quote:
I maybe wrong, but, as far as I remember it was Rs. 170/m for 25sq.mm Finolex, but, what is your equipment going to be like? Maybe you won't require that grade of wiring. PM me if you don't want to disclose now.
My installer got it for me.
And regarding the fuse, I talked to LBM, he told me he'd be getting fuses for his "setup under construction" as well from Ajay (Bass&Trouble) who is not available as of now, as soon as he comes back, he'd get one for me, talk to LBM and tell him the amperage of the fuse you want. He'd surely be of help.
The wire I think I require is 16sqmm ( which is a little less than 8 AWG) for a simple 4 Channel AMP Kenwood M845 720W (or 60W x4 RMS) driving a pair of bull Audio components and a subwoofer.
I think it would be sufficient enough, What do you think?

And as luck would have it I received my fuse holder and Fuse after I typed the above post!!
Here is the link:-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...ml#post2144738

Its quality is very good as far as my knowledge goes, but the fuse rating is not suited for your setup but then you could always buy a higher rating fuse suitable for yours.

Cheers

GT
Old 25th November 2010, 13:37   #27
Senior - BHPian

Hey Abhi,

Is the ICE set up complete? how about some pics?
Hows the performance with the stock HU. Can you let us know the total cost of the set up please.
Old 25th November 2010, 16:12   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt500
The wire I think I require is 16sqmm ( which is a little less than 8 AWG) for a simple 4 Channel AMP Kenwood M845 720W (or 60W x4 RMS) driving a pair of bull Audio components and a subwoofer.
I think it would be sufficient enough, What do you think?
For a 60x4, 6.5 mm.sq is sufficient.
10 mm.sq. (8 AWG) is too much for that kind of power.

25mm.sq. is 4AWG. Should be used with amplifiers that really require that kind of current.
Like High (600+) RMS , little less efficient (Class AB) monos.
Old 6th December 2010, 22:35   #29
BHPian

Changing colours?!

Aah!
This is so sweet.
Now, here's an update. Actually, I get to listen to the ICE in my car after a gap of a few days because I have a very hectic study schedule and also because the car as well as the ICE is run daily by my dad on his way to work. And boy-O-boy, it sounds sweeter in every listening session!

Just today, I listened to some songs that I were listening to a few weeks ago and GOSH!
They sound so different and so much more mystical!
I mean the guitars, the drums, the cymbals and THE BASS are all refining day by day.
I like it!

Is this what we call the "breaking-in" period? Whatever it is, I am sure liking it!!

And yes, before you ask me, I HAVE delayed the pics and I am so sorry for that. I did not take any Work-In-Progress pics and as of now, even though the car is parked inside our house it is still visible to people in our locality so I am basically avoiding clicking pics in front of any "evil" eyes.

But yes, I will upload some pics of the BIG SUB in the boot that completely hides an even BIGGER Amplifier . I mean what do I click and how do I click is the big question. I will try some individual pics of the stuff in the boot when the time is favourable. Please try to understand and bear with me. Don't give me a thumb down!

And it would sound even better once LBM paaji and I fix a meet and he helps me tune my car's ICE. DAMN these exams!!!

Last edited by abhipuru16 : 6th December 2010 at 22:38.
Old 13th December 2010, 23:20   #30
BHPian

Hey guys! Yet another update!

A few days back I met LBM in his factory. I had to collect the in-line fuse from him. There, we chat a bit about audio, his upgrade plans (that's usual) and then, about my setup. I went there on my bike so I didn't have my car along but I told him that although I am happy with the LOWs and HIGHs, I do not get that "PUNCHY" midbass. I told him I am thinking of buying new components or midbass. In these discussions he told me to check the polarity of all speakers.

And in my mind I was like- "Oh yes! I know this. Maybe I screwed up the polarity of the speakers when I was tuning the amplifier."

And hell yes!

I thought I found my problem!

During my usual listening sessions at home, I went back to my boot and just for the heck of it, switched the subwoofer's polarity. And holy smokes! There we have it. The low bass became much more prominent and upfront and the midbass started to kick sweetly.
That night, while searching a bit on google, I found this link- Stereo Polarity Sound Test

I burned these to a disc and played them in my ride and thank God, the results were in favour. The speaker polarity issue is now sorted!

I was shocked to hear the bass cancel so bad when the Out-of-Phase Low Frequency Rumble played.

I urge you guys to keep these files securely, they saved the day for me.

The midbass is punchier and kicks nice and sweet, I LIKE IT!
Now, I can well imagine how much the Midbass would further improve when the front doors get damped. WOoHOo!

At the end of the day, my upgrade plans are put on hold indefinitely, I am enjoying my new ICE so much, that I don't feel like upgrading. HeHe!

And before I forget, thanks LBM Paaji!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks