Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2010, 01:06   #46
Team-BHP Support

Re: abhipuru1.6'S ICE- Ford Fiesta 1.6S- First Steps towards THE WORLD OF PURE MUSIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuru16 View Post
48Hz-25Khz
handle HPF at 65Hz at 130Watts RMS power safely or will it stress the driver?
Without having Xmax, Cms, and details such as Qtc, Vb, etc.. one cannot tell exactly how much power the woofer can take at 65Hz.

Suffice to say that few 6" woofers can take 60W at 65hz leave alone 130W. It is not the thermal limits (measured in watts) that will be tested first. It would usually be the mechanical limits (measured in mm) that would be tested.
Old 23rd December 2010, 01:26   #47
BHPian

Re: abhipuru1.6'S ICE- Ford Fiesta 1.6S- First Steps towards THE WORLD OF PURE MUSIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuru16 View Post
Hi
Can anybody here mark 80Hz on low pass and high pass in the knobs below?
Just make a dot using Photoshop or something.

Attachment 472390
I know sir, thereby, I am trying to find 80Hz on the crossover knobs, can you mark them for me?
Old 23rd December 2010, 10:26   #48
Senior - BHPian

good effort, abhipuru16, nice to see one more one of a kind setup in a car after omisira's, and this time components, amp and sub added to the same.

1.now please post the pictures as soon as you can.

2.the tuning part is usually done based on keen hearing and preference mate, see the thing is one wont be able to mark an accurate 80HZ or any other mark on them knobs not without the right measuring equipment, this is left to the users to do it on andaaz.
just go ahead and tune the system based on one single song you are used to listening time and again that way you would know how various beats, vocals and highs sound from this song.
3. one more thing, when you start turning the knob from 65Hz upwards, if you feel like lowereing the gains a bit, its best to turn the knob all the way back to 65Hz and then start again to get it back to the position you intended to stop at. at least this is what i was told by a few gurus from the forum, never completely understood the reason for the same but worked fine for me.

all the best with tuning, Kudos to the new ICE. enjoy.
Old 16th January 2011, 23:53   #49
BHPian

Okay, so finally I am uploading some pics, please do share your views-

The Amplifier
Blaupunk Velocity VPA4130 Pro. It's almost as big as the rear seat!

abhipuru1.6'S ICE- Ford Fiesta 1.6S- First Steps towards THE WORLD OF PURE MUSIC-amp-1.jpg
abhipuru1.6'S ICE- Ford Fiesta 1.6S- First Steps towards THE WORLD OF PURE MUSIC-amp-2.jpg
abhipuru1.6'S ICE- Ford Fiesta 1.6S- First Steps towards THE WORLD OF PURE MUSIC-amp-3.jpg

The Subwoofer
Infinity Reference REF1240SE

abhipuru1.6'S ICE- Ford Fiesta 1.6S- First Steps towards THE WORLD OF PURE MUSIC-sub-1.jpg
abhipuru1.6'S ICE- Ford Fiesta 1.6S- First Steps towards THE WORLD OF PURE MUSIC-sub-2.jpg
abhipuru1.6'S ICE- Ford Fiesta 1.6S- First Steps towards THE WORLD OF PURE MUSIC-sub-3.jpg
abhipuru1.6'S ICE- Ford Fiesta 1.6S- First Steps towards THE WORLD OF PURE MUSIC-sub-4.jpg

The Bass Port

abhipuru1.6'S ICE- Ford Fiesta 1.6S- First Steps towards THE WORLD OF PURE MUSIC-bass-hole-1.jpg
abhipuru1.6'S ICE- Ford Fiesta 1.6S- First Steps towards THE WORLD OF PURE MUSIC-bass-hole-2.jpg

Stealth look inside

abhipuru1.6'S ICE- Ford Fiesta 1.6S- First Steps towards THE WORLD OF PURE MUSIC-int-1.jpg
abhipuru1.6'S ICE- Ford Fiesta 1.6S- First Steps towards THE WORLD OF PURE MUSIC-int-2.jpg
abhipuru1.6'S ICE- Ford Fiesta 1.6S- First Steps towards THE WORLD OF PURE MUSIC-int-3.jpg

When the night falls

abhipuru1.6'S ICE- Ford Fiesta 1.6S- First Steps towards THE WORLD OF PURE MUSIC-night-1.jpg
abhipuru1.6'S ICE- Ford Fiesta 1.6S- First Steps towards THE WORLD OF PURE MUSIC-night-2.jpg
abhipuru1.6'S ICE- Ford Fiesta 1.6S- First Steps towards THE WORLD OF PURE MUSIC-night-3.jpg
abhipuru1.6'S ICE- Ford Fiesta 1.6S- First Steps towards THE WORLD OF PURE MUSIC-night-4.jpg
abhipuru1.6'S ICE- Ford Fiesta 1.6S- First Steps towards THE WORLD OF PURE MUSIC-night-5.jpg

Last edited by abhipuru16 : 16th January 2011 at 23:54.
Old 17th January 2011, 01:45   #50
Senior - BHPian

That is a nice sub, I first heard it in Sam bhai's car. It is very smooth sounding sub
Old 20th January 2011, 17:39   #51
BHPian

Guys
This might be a silly question. But, with all the equipment in my car's boot, should I change the tyre pressure accordingly?

I ask this because recently I experienced some pretty bad scrapes which never happened earlier.

Please suggest the best tyre pressure for my Fiesta 1.6S for a compromise between GREAT RIDE QUALITY and OPTIMUM GROUND CLEARANCE.

The car is mostly front loaded.
Old 20th January 2011, 17:51   #52
Senior - BHPian

Are the trye stock ??? If yes why does tyre scrapes ???
Old 20th January 2011, 17:53   #53
BHPian

No no, not the tyre, the underbody, sorry for the confusion. The tyres are stock.
Old 20th January 2011, 17:58   #54
BHPian

I dont think the woofers and the amp must do this as they are just very less than normal load on your car...the tyre pressure for a fiesta 1.6s would be 30 PSI
Old 20th January 2011, 20:44   #55
BHPian

I keep alternating between 30 or 32 psi depending on anticipated load..never had an underbody scratch. Currently running Yokohoma tyres. With stock tyres earlier, I had even gone upto the Ford maximum recommended pressure, but found the ride bit bumpy.

Not sure if tyre pressure has got too much to do with underbody scrapping though.

Try taking the bumps easily;-}

The sticker towards the bottom of left front door will have the recommended psi...why don't you give a try with some variations and see what suits best.
Old 26th January 2011, 22:06   #56
BHPian

Hi
Of late I have experienced that both the front door pads in my car are ''loosely'' fitted back, that is to say, if I hit them slightly, they sound like they are loose and give a ''rattle-like, cheap'' noise. Suprisingly, the rear door pads sound solid on hitting lightly.

1. Is it easy to be fixed by the A.S.S. center?
The car would be going for its second service tomorrow.

2. What could be the cause for this problem?

3. And yes, there is a little vibrating noise that I get somewhere from behind the Headunit and also from somewhere in the driver side of the dashboard. Now, as far as I can remember, the power cable was routed from the passenger side and the RCA cables were routed from the driver side.
I want to know if it could be this RCA cable making this noise over very bad roads. Do these RCA wires go through a tunnel like space in the dashboard?
Can I cover them with some foam to eliminate this noise completely?
If yes, do I need to open up something in the dashboard apart from the Headunit?
Old 26th January 2011, 23:54   #57
Team-BHP Support

The door feeling lose could be because some clips were left out when it was fitted back. The a.s.s should be able to check that.
Old 13th September 2012, 01:03   #58

Hi Abhi,

I have a Diamond white Fiesta 1.6S. It is such a great car and came with excellent music system. Though I wanted to install an AMP and Sub woofer for added low frequency response, I avoided it so far just to keep my yummy Fiesta in bone stock condition which has done 30k kms. I love this car so much that though I am an audiophile, I didn't want to tamper the original setup, which 85 percent ok for me. For the rest 15, I need your suggestion.

I appreciate if you can suggest me on the following:

1. Do you need to cut open a small metal and plank between two rear speakers to get bass effect into the cabin effectively?

I am asking this question because of Ford's excellent build quality and the way the boot is almost isolated from the cabin.

2. Is the pre out signal distortion free? I have a Ford Fusion also. I connected speaker out to high level input of my Sony Amp (this feature was very useful). Sound quality is greatly improved in my Fusion. I want to do the same in my Fiesta 1.6S too.

So, which is better approach? pre out from head unit or from rear speaker out?. Kindly suggest me. I don't want to change my Head unit since is so beautiful in the sporty cabin. I installed a same HU in my Fusion from my friend's Fiesta S. It looks great in my Fusion as well.
Attached Thumbnails
abhipuru1.6'S ICE- Ford Fiesta 1.6S- First Steps towards THE WORLD OF PURE MUSIC-11092012170.jpg  

abhipuru1.6'S ICE- Ford Fiesta 1.6S- First Steps towards THE WORLD OF PURE MUSIC-11092012178.jpg  

Nagumh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2012, 23:25   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagumh View Post
Hi Abhi,
I appreciate if you can suggest me on the following:

1. Do you need to cut open a small metal and plank between two rear speakers to get bass effect into the cabin effectively?

See, in my car, I first disconnected the rear speakers only as I did not like the sound coming from the back. After a few months, and a little bit of research, I removed the rear speakers completely myself. And yes, there is a remarkable difference in the way lower frequencies were played. They were much more prominent.

I am asking this question because of Ford's excellent build quality and the way the boot is almost isolated from the cabin.

2. Is the pre out signal distortion free? I have a Ford Fusion also. I connected speaker out to high level input of my Sony Amp (this feature was very useful). Sound quality is greatly improved in my Fusion. I want to do the same in my Fiesta 1.6S too.

So, which is better approach? pre out from head unit or from rear speaker out?. Kindly suggest me. I don't want to change my Head unit since is so beautiful in the sporty cabin. I installed a same HU in my Fusion from my friend's Fiesta S. It looks great in my Fusion as well.

I have no experience whatsoever with using High-Level inputs in an Amp. So, I cannot comment on that.
Talking about Pre-out from the Stock headunit, well, I never had any problem with my setup that way, no distortion, no hiss whatsoever.

Ultimately, I bought a JVC Arsenal 926BT headunit which has 3 gold plated and very high voltage Pre-outs. While tuning the setup again with respect to this new headunit, I had to turn down the gains by a very large degree (and I mean a VERY large degree).

So, what I am trying to say is, that the Pre-out voltage from the stock headunit was a little weak, but not weak enough for you to not go ahead with it if you don't have the budget for a new headunit. You will love the setup with stock headunit's pre-outs any way.

When it comes to using High level input, a lot of people suggest not to go for it.
My reply is in BOLD.

Last edited by abhipuru16 : 13th September 2012 at 23:26.
abhipuru16 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2012, 13:58   #60

I totally agree with the fact that high level (speaker level) input is not as clean as the input taken by pre out of the HU. In my Fusion I have taken speaker level input. Though it has decent quality punchy bass, I could clearly hear distortion when the CD is being read and when the volume control is being adjusted. So I decided to take the cleanest possible pre out from mother board itself. Project results are very promising and I just need to add buffer and mount the RCA connectors to make it perfectly connected and secured to the HU chassis.

Now I can retain my great looking and sounding music system without having to change HU but still get the music quality I need.

Will post some pics if possible

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks