Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2005, 20:27   #1
BHPian

Tata Indica Turbo setup----help required

Hi all,

Need some advice on the audio setup on a Tata Indica Turbo. Im taking delivery on saturday and need to finalise on the setup before that. Looking for good sound quality specially at very low volumes.

Current setup planned

Head unit - Pioneer 5750 MP3/WMA - Rs 7400
Rear Speakers - JBL pro 936 300w - Rs 3500
Amplifier - Pioneer 944 4 channel amp 90W Rms*4 - Rs 13000
Subwoofer - Pioneer 305c DVC 800w - Rs 3200
Dashboard - Soundstream XST 4.0 - Rs 1800
Front doors- Soundstream XST 5.0 - Rs 2800

Kindly let me know if this will sound good enough. Also if the prices quoted are reasonable.

Im on a tight budget and cannot go more than 34K inclusive of all fitting charges, wiring etc.

AUDIO GURU'S ---- shine some light on this subject.
Old 7th December 2005, 23:47   #2
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

well the setup sounds fine to me..but one thing i would suggest is u go in for the soundstream 6x9's only rather than the JBL 936's..one thing is that the tweeters range will be evenly matched between the front and the rears..u dont want to mess with that..most often we recommend front and rear speakers to be bought within the same models let alone the company being different..this is what i feel..im sure others will add their piece of advise too..

if ur on a tight budget then this is the last place to come for advise ..as we are known to jack up everyones budget by such a huge margin that eventually u will be cursing us or still better like soundmaniac will come up with something like this http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...g-forum-3.html ..hehe..now all of sudden the norm on this forum seems to be a rough estimate of 60k to get a neat and nice sounding system..
Old 8th December 2005, 01:24   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885

if ur on a tight budget then this is the last place to come for advise ..as we are known to jack up everyones budget by such a huge margin that eventually u will be cursing us or still better like soundmaniac will come up with something like this http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...g-forum-3.html ..hehe..now all of sudden the norm on this forum seems to be a rough estimate of 60k to get a neat and nice sounding system..
Well thats a pity, isnt it? You're almost telling our friend here that he wont get usable or relevant advice from the forum....

I think we should keep our feet planted firmly on the ground - all the esoteric stuff is fine, but whats the point in having a lot of knowledge if it cant be applied in the real world ???
Old 8th December 2005, 01:50   #4
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Well thats a pity, isnt it? You're almost telling our friend here that he wont get usable or relevant advice from the forum....

I think we should keep our feet planted firmly on the ground - all the esoteric stuff is fine, but whats the point in having a lot of knowledge if it cant be applied in the real world ???
no no steeroid u got me all wrong here..i didnt mean to say that he has come to wrong place for advice..what i meant to say is that he has a good setup chalked up so better get it done with soon if not our advices at times go so overboard that one ends up spending twice the money even if his initial setup was a good one(u know its like yeh dil maange more) ..thats what i meant if ur on a tight budget..i hope u get what i meant to say..

btw that 60k budget for a nice and good sounding setup wasnt recommended by me,sounds like i sounded rude by saying for a good setup u should have a budget of 60k or else no use types..that isnt true..the fact of matter is that this was mentioned by navin in another thread and i was just reiterting the fact that we are going so overboard that we hardly seem to think of people who come here for a setup within a smaller budget..

anyone and everyone is free to ask advice and no matter how many times..my comments were to be taking on a lighter note,didnt realise it could hurt someone..im sorry in doing so..
Old 8th December 2005, 09:54   #5
Team-BHP Support

RPM. since you got a sub why teh JBL 936 in the rear. you can get teh Sondsteam XST 5.0 in the rear and they will be ok.

now to the fornt with the XST 5.0 and 4.0 you will have 2 tweeters (one from each) confusing the soundstage. Maybe you can bypass the tweeter on the XST 5.0.

and lastly if you afford it get a 5-6 ch amp or a second 2 ch amp for the sub. this way front, rear and sub will have amp power. if not use the HU's amo to drive the rear speakers.

remember you got 3 pairs of speakers plus a sub. 1 4 ch. amp cant handle all
that.

in short what i would recommend is seeif you find a 3 way for the front. put the woofers in the doors and the mid and tweeter on the dash. 2ch of the 4 ch amp will dirve that.
Old 8th December 2005, 14:33   #6
BHPian

Thank for the help,

Spoke to my dealer just now and fixed the final config,

let me know if this is fine...i still have a day to change it so please tell me if i need to change something.

Pioneer 5750 headunit
Pioneer 944 amp
Pioneer 800w DVC subwoofer
Soundstream XST 4.0 (front)
Sound stream 120W RMS 6*9 ovals (rear) or HELIX 120W RMS (german made)

Woofer and rear speakers on the 944 amp and the front speaker on the HU.

Which speakers do i go for????? there is a 600 difference between the two(soundstram being more exp)
Old 8th December 2005, 15:39   #7
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Pioneer 5750 headunit
Pioneer 944 amp
Pioneer 800w DVC subwoofer
Soundstream XST 4.0 (front)
Sound stream 120W RMS 6*9 ovals (rear) or HELIX 120W RMS (german made)
Dont people buy Indica diesels for economy?

Just kidding. Good setup

GTO
Old 8th December 2005, 17:41   #8
Team-BHP Support

yeah GTO they buy them so they have more money for the important things in life like ICE! :-)

Helix? are you sure it is not Hertz?

RPM, do this....
make a budget. Pio HU is fine. Pio amp is ok. but dont get Pio speakers.

I would consider a Pio sub only if you cant afford another. the JBL 1200T for example runs about rs. 6500. I assume the Pio will cost you about 4000 with box.

Also if you have a sub why have 6x9 in the rear. the combo will drown out the XST 4.0 in the front.

The Tata Indica is one car that allows you to build a front sound stage using the door and dash.

To do this you should install a 6" 3 way component set in the front - woofer in door, mid and tweeter in dash.

Then use the XST 5.0 in the rear deck and a sub.

now if we had a budget we'd be better positioned to help
Old 8th December 2005, 19:33   #9
BHPian

Nice amp. Neat configuration except for the front speakers.

Get better front speakers like a good set of components and power them from the amp. Power the rears from the HU.

Why do you want better rear speakers when I assume you are going to be driving? The music has to be upfront than coming from behind.

My two paise's worth!
Old 8th December 2005, 22:36   #10
Senior - BHPian

Those 4.0 and 5.0 are four inchers and fice inchers right? And if so , he sure has a good front sound stage
Old 9th December 2005, 09:14   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Also if you have a sub why have 6x9 in the rear. the combo will drown out the XST 4.0 in the front.
hey RPM......... do pay some attention to navin's post 8.
Old 9th December 2005, 10:07   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin

Helix? are you sure it is not Hertz?
Helix is a german brand of car audio...by Audiotec-Fischer, the other brand by them is Brax (expensive), have a typical german sound.

Though Hertz is coming with an amplifier range sometime next year.
Old 9th December 2005, 11:42   #13
Team-BHP Support

RPM was talking abot Helix speakers.
Old 9th December 2005, 11:53   #14
BHPian

Er, pardon me for my ignorance - but doesn't a diesel car's cabin noise affect sound quality ? Is it worth doing a high-end audio setup for a diesel? I understand high-end diesel cars are quite silent, but a budget car?
Old 9th December 2005, 12:12   #15
Team-BHP Support

We are talking a Pio 5750 it is not high end. it is a one step above basic HU. the 944 is a one step above basic amp.

High end we'd be talking Becker HU etc...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks