Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2010, 15:39   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Try a line level connector (and line level inputs) - some speaker level inputs are prone to a little hiss.

You need to reasonably skilled with a soldering iron to do that.
I guess line level converter is one of the things we will try.

Haha Sir, no way I am going to try doing that. Only if Ajay thinks it can be done and he has someone to do that.
Old 27th October 2010, 17:40   #17
Senior - BHPian

As I mentioned earlier get low to high level converter. Pick a branded one to avoid any issues regarding the noise. I had to change mine thrice to eliminate the noise. Don't worry about setting the gains am sure B&T can take of that.

I wonder why this wasn't opted at first ?
Old 30th October 2010, 17:42   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
As I mentioned earlier get low to high level converter. Pick a branded one to avoid any issues regarding the noise. I had to change mine thrice to eliminate the noise. Don't worry about setting the gains am sure B&T can take of that.

I wonder why this wasn't opted at first ?
does the sound go away when you touch the amp metal area or rca input bare feet?
Old 6th November 2010, 22:57   #19
Team-BHP Support

Small update, first we tried connecting the new speakers directly to the stock HU and the hissing went away.

So Ajay went looking around for LOCs and only had one 2 channel one, which we tried, and the hissing was gone.

This also meant that if I get a processor I wont get hissing noise.

But since the amp uses remote sensing, if we put all 4 channels on LOCs then they would have to wire the amp to the ignition, and it would always be on. So I decided against this.

We put the front channels off the LOC and used the rears on speaker level inputs. But the front speakers werent sounding good, then the gain was raised for the front speakers on the LOC and the amp. Later I realised the hissing was back. Now what I have to do is to lower the gain a bit, which I havent had time for.

Oh and also ive ordered a Rockford Fosgate 3sixty.1 which will arrive along with my Alpine M500 amp and Alpine type R 12" sub.
Old 6th November 2010, 23:55   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
So Ajay went looking around for LOCs and only had one 2 channel one

But since the amp uses remote sensing, if we put all 4 channels on LOCs then they would have to wire the amp to the ignition, and it would always be on.

We put the front channels off the LOC and used the rears on speaker level inputs.
Is there no remote wire that can be used to turn the amp on from the HU?
Old 7th November 2010, 16:55   #21
Senior - BHPian

There has to be an ACC signal coming to the HU, even if it is a stock one. If there is a connection diagram stuck on the HU (there usually is, even on OE HUs), it will be easy to locate the ACC signal. Even if there is no daisy-chain output provided at the HU, the ACC signal coming to the HU can be tapped off to get one to the amp.

If the amp turns itself on from sleep when sensing signal (this senses AC at input, not DC), it will do so even if one adds LoC.
Old 7th November 2010, 18:08   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Is there no remote wire that can be used to turn the amp on from the HU?
OE head unit has no remote out. No power antenna either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
There has to be an ACC signal coming to the HU, even if it is a stock one. If there is a connection diagram stuck on the HU (there usually is, even on OE HUs), it will be easy to locate the ACC signal. Even if there is no daisy-chain output provided at the HU, the ACC signal coming to the HU can be tapped off to get one to the amp.

If the amp turns itself on from sleep when sensing signal (this senses AC at input, not DC), it will do so even if one adds LoC.
Amp has signal sensing only on the high level input terminals. Not at the RCA inputs. Akshay didnt want to use the ACC route, which I suggested, because I told him the amp would come on even when the head unit is off.

Another option is to use a high end LOC, which has in-built signal sensing and a remote output, but whats the point spending on that when he has a OEM integration processor on the way?

Lastly, when using LOCs, the gains have to be turned up high, because otherwise when the user turns up the head unit in order to reach a loud listening level, the capacity of the resistors in the LOC is exceeded, and causes distorted sound.
Old 28th December 2010, 02:41   #23
Team-BHP Support

Re: Honda Accord - Hissing Noise in Stock HU after adding an amp - Kinda Urgent Help

So I got the Alpine SWR1243d sub and the M500 amp installed from B&T last week. As usual top class install by Ajay. No wires can be seen in the boot and it just looks great.

Well 2 questions for you guys -

Ajay has given me a tube type box, now to me the bass seems to have only one tone, it sounds like a bass tube, maybe better. What I wanted to know is if I change to a ported box, or a sealed box will the sound of the sub change? Or is this 1 tone kind of sound a signature of the R type subs. Heck I love it now but I know sometime down the road I will want to make it slightly more SQ.

Second thing, I couldnt get a processor this time. Was looking for the 3sixty.1 but the deal didnt work out. Now I think I can get the Alpine PXE H650 processor but what I wanted to know is, will I be able to use the volume on my stereo? Because in some places it says you have to use the volume of the processor. Also how is this processor? Will it make a significant difference considering im running the stock HU now? Or what about the cleansweep?

Thanks guys especially Ajay.
Old 28th December 2010, 10:10   #24
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Accord - Hissing Noise in Stock HU after adding an amp - Kinda Urgent Help

Tube is a no no for me. Hate its boom. Not sure what kind of music you hear. I use a ported but if I upgrade it will be a sealed one with a nice amp.

Would suggest you check out cars which has better ICE installs. Maybe GTO's?
Old 28th December 2010, 12:28   #25
Senior - BHPian

one of the main reason using tube type enclosure is because of the boot space being big,and using a compact box sub-woofer in big length cars will make you feel the mids+highs playing first and then the Lows coming with alot of delay as if the bass is donated by the car coming behind you

Secondly the Tube subwoofers can also be fine tuned to produce both thumpy or boomy sound.Its a mis-conception amongst users that basstube will only go boom boom boom,One can also play progressive hard trance perfectly if the tuning is done properly.Only drawback it occupies alot of space rest no issues. "Ek uffer mein do ka maza,kya bolte ho ajay bhaiya"
Old 28th December 2010, 12:49   #26
Team-BHP Support

The sub certainly isnt boomy, but I kind of want it a little more like the sealed box I have in my Innova. Anyway shall figure this out with Ajay when I get the processor installed.

Ramie and all you guys, what do you think about the processors?
Old 28th December 2010, 13:06   #27
Senior - BHPian

Processor!! would suggest go for it,will make wonders sound staging will improve and more flexibility to fine tune the system.Also from Hi-level input you will be switched to RCA's.Most of the processor comes with a separate Bass knob control so you will be very happy for controlling the lows in the car.
Old 28th December 2010, 13:13   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
Processor!! would suggest go for it,will make wonders sound staging will improve and more flexibility to fine tune the system.Also from Hi-level input you will be switched to RCA's.Most of the processor comes with a separate Bass knob control so you will be very happy for controlling the lows in the car.
What I wanted to know is if the PXE H650 is as good or better than the RF 360.1, since I cannot get the RF now but the H650 is possible to get.
Old 28th December 2010, 14:38   #29
Senior - BHPian

Avoid the PXE H650. Look at the JBL MS-8 or for budget the Rockford Fosgate 360.2
Old 28th December 2010, 14:43   #30
Senior - BHPian

Akshay I can't recollect to what music you mainly listen to.

Tube Enclosure will work fine, it would also help to add some damping to the enclosure. Its the volume of enclosure that matters in case of tube and sealed enclosure compared to the tuning of the port which is important incase of ported enclosure.

In regards to the processor Alpine will be good for Auto tune purpose where as RF will give advantage of tuning it manually apart from other features.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks