Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2010, 17:10   #31
Team-BHP Support

Re: Honda Accord - Hissing Noise in Stock HU after adding an amp - Kinda Urgent Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Avoid the PXE H650. Look at the JBL MS-8 or for budget the Rockford Fosgate 360.2
Any particular reason for avoiding the Alpine? I dont have the budget for the MS8 or the 360.2 since I have performance mods in mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
Akshay I can't recollect to what music you mainly listen to.

Tube Enclosure will work fine, it would also help to add some damping to the enclosure. Its the volume of enclosure that matters in case of tube and sealed enclosure compared to the tuning of the port which is important incase of ported enclosure.

In regards to the processor Alpine will be good for Auto tune purpose where as RF will give advantage of tuning it manually apart from other features.
Well I mainly listen to Hip Hop and House, commercial music.

Well let me add one more, what about the JL Cleansweep? How is that? Ajay mentioned to me earlier that it dosent have signal summing. What is signal summing and is it necessary for my setup?

So between the Alpine and the RF the RF is preferred. Now what about the JL?
Old 28th December 2010, 17:30   #32
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Accord - Hissing Noise in Stock HU after adding an amp - Kinda Urgent Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post

Well I mainly listen to Hip Hop and House, commercial music.

Well let me add one more, what about the JL Cleansweep? How is that? Ajay mentioned to me earlier that it dosent have signal summing. What is signal summing and is it necessary for my setup?

So between the Alpine and the RF the RF is preferred. Now what about the JL?
Almost all stock HU are EQ'd in order to match up the sound from the stock speakers. JL Cleansweep will just make those EQ'd parameters Flat. You would still need an EQ in order to get the sound output as per your liking.

You could also look at getting something like Kicker KQ9 where you could make the adjustment in sound as per your liking.
Alpine will also solve the purpose what you looking at.

Last edited by Invinsible : 28th December 2010 at 17:36.
Old 31st December 2010, 14:50   #33
Senior - BHPian

I think a visit to Bass & Trouble at Four Seasons is imminent :-P
Why not overhaul the WHOLE damn system? It doesn't hurt to have a good pair of speakers driven by a good amplifier or two with a good source unit ;-)
Old 31st December 2010, 17:59   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
I think a visit to Bass & Trouble at Four Seasons is imminent :-P
Why not overhaul the WHOLE damn system? It doesn't hurt to have a good pair of speakers driven by a good amplifier or two with a good source unit ;-)

But I have Alpine Type R 6.5" components and 6x9s being driven by a Focal Solid 4 Amp, and an Alpine SWR-1243d Sub driven by an Alpine M500 Monoblock. And now your saying overhaul?

I have to keep the stock head unit, rather I want to. And Im figuring what processor to get.
Old 31st December 2010, 18:01   #35
Senior - BHPian

I'd say, throw out the source unit bro. You will LOVE the experience after that. Besides, B&T does have some solutions where you can keep the stock unit (but only for aesthetics) and mount the new source unit elsewhere.
Signal processors and all is just too tedious. My take on them.
Old 31st December 2010, 18:05   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
I'd say, throw out the source unit bro. You will LOVE the experience after that. Besides, B&T does have some solutions where you can keep the stock unit (but only for aesthetics) and mount the new source unit elsewhere.
Signal processors and all is just too tedious. My take on them.
I know but I dont want another HU in the cubby hole. I want a completely stock look.
Old 4th January 2011, 01:51   #37
Team-BHP Support

FINAL Choice -

Ok guys so I need to decide by tomorrow which to buy, these are the options-

Rockford Fosgate 3sixty.1 for $199
Alpine PXE-H650 for $235

Well the 3sixty is supposed to be better when it comes to tuning etc, but then again im not one to tweak around much, and the Alpine has time alignment, and imprint tuning (of which ive heard more positive than negative reviews). So which should I get? Im quite confused.
Old 4th January 2011, 09:53   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
FINAL Choice -

Ok guys so I need to decide by tomorrow which to buy, these are the options-

Rockford Fosgate 3sixty.1 for $199
Alpine PXE-H650 for $235

Well the 3sixty is supposed to be better when it comes to tuning etc, but then again im not one to tweak around much, and the Alpine has time alignment, and imprint tuning (of which ive heard more positive than negative reviews). So which should I get? Im quite confused.
Thats 3sixty.2 which is better with the tuning, has much more EQ option, and it has much more option. Between the two you listed I say Alpine 650 would make sense however I like to add if it was between RF 3sixty.2 and Alpine 650, it would have surely been the RF.
Old 4th January 2011, 10:29   #39
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
Thats 3sixty.2 which is better with the tuning, has much more EQ option, and it has much more option. Between the two you listed I say Alpine 650 would make sense however I like to add if it was between RF 3sixty.2 and Alpine 650, it would have surely been the RF.
3sixty.2 isnt in contention. I cant get a good deal on it anywhere.
Old 4th January 2011, 10:37   #40
Team-BHP Support

Akshay. The 360.1 does not have TA (the 360.2 and Alpine 650 do however they dont allow you control over the TA).
Old 1st February 2011, 00:09   #41
Team-BHP Support

Ive bought the Alpine PXE-H650 and its in the US at the moment. Will have it at the end of the month, and of course go to Ajay to install. I hope for a big improvement in sound quality.
Old 1st February 2011, 10:19   #42
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Ive bought the Alpine PXE-H650 and its in the US at the moment. Will have it at the end of the month, and of course go to Ajay to install. I hope for a big improvement in sound quality.
Dont expect a noticeable difference. The effect is quite subtle. I really wished it allowed the user some control over TA.
Old 1st February 2011, 20:39   #43
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Dont expect a noticeable difference. The effect is quite subtle. I really wished it allowed the user some control over TA.
So your saying even from a stock HU I wont notice much of a difference? Thats disappointing.
Old 2nd February 2011, 11:05   #44
Team-BHP Support

From teh Stock HU thisis what my wife noticed.

a. Bass seemed to be more integrated to the front speakers but she still would prefer the sound coming from in front of her (like if the band was sitting on the bonnet) instead of over the dash baord.

b. A mild treble boost which neither of us liked so we had to fool the 360 a bit (Ajay knows this trick so he can do the same for you).

what she lost was ability to control rear speaker levels correctly. For that she'd need a 2ch. amp for the rear speakers. Currently she is running a 4 ch. amp for front and subwoofer via the 360.
Old 2nd February 2011, 11:33   #45
Team-BHP Support

Aah but you guys are audiophiles, so I reckon I might find a greater difference. What 360 are you talking about sir? You mean the 650.

But from whatever Ive read on the net, you need to calibrate it a couple of times before optimum results are achieved. Also its best done from through a laptop. Apologies if im preaching to the choir but I was surprised after people mentioning what a huge difference its makes, you are saying its not that much.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks