Team-BHP - Needed: Best Audio config for a tata Indica
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Needed: Best Audio config for a tata Indica (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/9541-needed-best-audio-config-tata-indica-2.html)

Like we say in our business

No Highs? No Lows? Aha must be Bose!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Like we say in our business

No Highs? No Lows? Aha must be Bose!

Actually it is not the High's and Lows I have complaint about but the midrange. Bose's over dose of psychoacoustics makes the response too lumpy for my liking. There are huge suckouts in parts of the the midrange too. Unfrotunately the human ear is very senstive in this area and this is what disturbs us most.

BTW I managed to get the OPTs to Mumbai. One 4 ch Triode amp coming up! :-) My Mom carried them. Bless her soul.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Hi MSK

Welcome. Before we can answer anything fruitfully we need to know
1) What speakers do you currently have
2) What your budget is
3) What your musical preference is

sorry for replying so late.
1) Blaupunkt gtx693 rear and gtx 132 front
2) Not much. around 8k
3) No specific taste. Likes quality music from soft to rock :)

I have one more query. My rear speakers have the capacity upto 150 W. Does that meant i can use a 2 channel output with 150 W max each for this? If want to have a sub woofer what will be the best setting?

Hi msk!

Dont worry about those figures too much. Your speakers are decent and if your on a low budget, there's no urgency to change them.
I gather you want a subwoofer. Well one thing you could do is buy a 4 channel amplifier and a subwoofer. You can attach your speakers and a subwoofer to this amplifier.
Expect to spend about 5k on a cheap amp and about 9k on a decent amp.
A cheap woofer will cost about 2.5 to 3K, a good woofer about 5k to 6k.

Thanks Sam_kapasi for the quick response.

msk, you also need a box or a MDF rear deck to hold that woofer.

i am confused on one thing. In the range of 4k - 8k i saw differenr sub woofers of 12inches from different brands. Please let me know whiich on these is the best Blaupunk, sony ,JBL or pioneer ?

Also will the quality be good if both amp and sub are from same brand?

Blau, JBL are ok. Pio are poor but in a good box can deliver accpetable if lumpy bass. Have not heard Sony at length.

Quote:

Originally Posted by msk_kapoor
Also will the quality be good if both amp and sub are from same brand?

Not necessary

but both should be recognised brands not Boss et. al.

You know MSK. as a thumb rule... a company that specializes in making speakers will generally always make better speakers than a company that ALSO makes them.

and JBL makes speakers AND amps? :-) LOL just kidding!

I am planning to go for sony xm-504z amp and Blaupunkt GTB 300 sub woofer. Please let me know if this will be fine.

My speakers are Blaupunkt gtx693 rear and gtx 132 front. Please let me know how the tuning should be done to give the best output?

504 can drive 2 subs. unless you want to use the other 2 channels to drive the front speakers (recommended) or rear speakers.