Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2011, 12:41   #16
BHPian

Re: My SQ(W)IFT . Good Music is finally back!!

Good Stuff. For the benefit of all can you give the breakup and total cost incurred. Thanks
Old 11th February 2011, 00:07   #17
BANNED

One word for your setup..NICEEEEEE
Could you enlighten us with the damage incurred by you due to the humongous Sub and the damping.
Old 11th February 2011, 23:38   #18
BHPian

what's the price of morel ultimo sub?
Old 12th February 2011, 00:06   #19
BHPian

Hey M,

I got the 265SLG Titan ( the poor and cheaper cousins to Rainbow SLC's), the question I have is that do these have a break-in period for rainbows and does the sound improve over some hrs of running. I am asking this because I am not too happy with the current output I'm getting with the Titans (they are just not handling any bass at all). I have been asked to to drive around for a week or two to let them open-up and I am currently cool to do that ! Any thoughts to make things better ? Any chance ..one can audition the SLC's in your swift !

FYI..my HU is Kenwood 8016BT

Last edited by better4worse : 12th February 2011 at 00:07.
Old 12th February 2011, 09:38   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by better4worse View Post
Hey M,

I got the 265SLG Titan ( the poor and cheaper cousins to Rainbow SLC's), the question I have is that do these have a break-in period for rainbows and does the sound improve over some hrs of running. I am asking this because I am not too happy with the current output I'm getting with the Titans (they are just not handling any bass at all). I have been asked to to drive around for a week or two to let them open-up and I am currently cool to do that ! Any thoughts to make things better ? Any chance ..one can audition the SLC's in your swift !

The SLG Titan should have no issues handling bass out of the box. On the contrary, they are known for excellent bass output. While output will increase marginally with break in, there wont be a substantial increase. There are many possible reasons for the lesser output. Since we don't mean to hijack this thread, you can start a new thread or PM me and we will get to the bottom of this.

Last edited by gunbir : 12th February 2011 at 09:47.
Old 12th February 2011, 09:42   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by better4worse View Post
Hey M,

I am surprised,I have Rainbow titan's,they are being powered by a Kenwood 8404 and being played by Kenwood 6539.
I am yet to damp the doors,but as of now i feel,my door panels can fall apart anytime due to the midbass
Old 12th February 2011, 13:24   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
The SLG Titan should have no issues handling bass out of the box. On the contrary, they are known for excellent bass output. While output will increase marginally with break in, there wont be a substantial increase. There are many possible reasons for the lesser output. Since we don't mean to hijack this thread, you can start a new thread or PM me and we will get to the bottom of this.

Thanks for the suggestion, I have created a thread for the same to discuss this further.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/produc...-handling.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
I am surprised,I have Rainbow titan's,they are being powered by a Kenwood 8404 and being played by Kenwood 6539.
I am yet to damp the doors,but as of now i feel,my door panels can fall apart anytime due to the midbass
Trust me the feeling is mutual, I am surprised too ! My left door panel does 'brrr brrr' (install issue mostly) on some of the songs but its not owing to the bass for sure.

I am getting suggestions to upgrade to an amp to fully appreciate the 'Titans' and I'm not keen on that till I have max-ed out /tried my level best to eek out the best darn sound just from the kenny HU.

Lets discuss this on the dedicated thread above, thanks !
Old 14th February 2011, 23:23   #23
BANNED

m4ugr8 > do you get handrest by default in new swifts or was it an aftermarket fix by you?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks