Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2011, 12:04   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Double Din for Fortuner

My OEM Fortuner music system was faulty hence Toyota is giving me a replacement. However since I am getting a new piece I rather sell it now and get a new HU since the previous one doesn't have a remote which is a pain to do without especially when you are sitting at the back most often.

My priorities are as follows:
-Double Din
-USB
-Remote
-Do NOT require DVD playback etc

I have been suggested PIO6050, what is the best price in Mumbai(with bill and warranty) for the same?
Please do suggest other options. How is the Sony WX-GT77UI?

Also what resale price can I expect for the Fortuner HU? It is a double din, inbuilt 6 cd changer.
Old 11th February 2011, 15:55   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Double Din for Fortuner

Hi Sahil,

I had done a bit of research on dual DIN HUs and here are some which I found to be pretty interesting
1. JVC KW-XR610
2. Sony WX-GT77UI
3. Kenwood MP3110/5110

Havent auditioned all of them so cant compare them on sound quality.
Old 11th February 2011, 17:33   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Sahil, check the Pioneer 4250 out. Used it for 3 quarters in my Civic. You should be able to pick one up for 25K (or less).

What I like:

- Endless options to fine-tune sound (including Time Alignment)
- Great display. Overall look & feel is premium
- Packed with features & customisation options
- Easy touch screen
- Supports a wide range of media types (including SD cards)

What I don't:

- iPod read rate (when looking at a playlist etc.) has 0.5 - 1.0 second delay. This despite getting an official connector cable
- Bluetooth module sold separately
- Faceplate isn't detachable (anti-theft)

If you want to play with it, give me a call.
Old 11th February 2011, 22:27   #4
Senior - BHPian

You may want to check this thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...delivered.html. He has installed the Pio 4250 dvd and has included installation pics for the same as well.

There was one more white fortuner on TBHP which had the same installation including the working with the steering mounted controls (using an adapter). You could search for that on the forum. I don't have the ready link for that now.

We too have installed this same system on our Innova in Delhi about 4 months back and its damn good. The price in Delhi was 27k B&W. Must have come down a bit now to about 25k or less.
Old 11th February 2011, 23:34   #5
Senior - BHPian

I think Kenwood has detachable face plate 2 DIN touch screen devices.
Old 11th February 2011, 23:49   #6
Senior - BHPian

Just came across this Manuuj's Fotuner thread for HU upgrade while browsing through the forums (some timepass just before sleep), the one I was talking about above, http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ometers-8.html. Thought why make you wander through the deep forest of our forum discussions, but you may e knowing it already I guess.

Last edited by parsh : 11th February 2011 at 23:52.
Old 15th February 2011, 01:24   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
My OEM Fortuner music system was faulty hence Toyota is giving me a replacement. However since I am getting a new piece I rather sell it now and get a new HU since the previous one doesn't have a remote which is a pain to do without especially when you are sitting at the back most often.

My priorities are as follows:
-Double Din
-USB
-Remote
-Do NOT require DVD playback etc

I have been suggested PIO6050, what is the best price in Mumbai(with bill and warranty) for the same?
Please do suggest other options. How is the Sony WX-GT77UI?

Also what resale price can I expect for the Fortuner HU? It is a double din, inbuilt 6 cd changer.
I have Pio 4200- twin brother of Pioneer 4250 with the reverse camera and bluetooth adapter. I bought it from US for around USD 380 six month ago. My Innova double din mp3 player sold for INR 800 in the market. And no, I am not missing a zero here though it was a single CD player. While the Toyota dealership will pay you more in exchange , they will charge more for the new system as well.

Another option is Pio 3250BT that comes with a factory fitted bluetooth and front AUX and USB, though with a smaller (~5 in compared to the 4250s 7 in) screen.

Whatever you buy, pls get the steering control adapter so that your steering controls work with the pio as well. Should cost INR 2-3.5k depending on the model. I paid USD 45 for what I have. See some examples here http://www.pac-audio.com/Products.aspx?CategoryId=29

Last edited by Buffetfan : 15th February 2011 at 01:26.
Old 15th February 2011, 11:08   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
What I like:

- Endless options to fine-tune sound (including Time Alignment)
Actually GTO the TA is pretty limited. It was just by chance that one of the pre-programmed options suited your car.

The older Alpine HUs (they dont make them anymore) like the 9835, 9857 etc... offered much better control over TA. Better even that standalone processors like the Alpine 650, RF 360.2, etc...
Old 21st February 2011, 19:04   #9

Car Audio Head Unit with Bluetooth & Sat Nav

Hi, I am looking to buy a Dual Din Head Unit for my Toyota Fortuner which should have features like Bluetooth Phoen Connectivity and Satellite Navigation.

I am kind of feeling ok with the Kenwood DDX8036BT do anybody know of anythign better in the price rnage of 40,000/- to 75,000/- INR ???
Old 22nd February 2011, 11:54   #10
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car Audio Head Unit with Bluetooth & Sat Nav

JVC KW-AVX836. Comes with Nav unit in other countries but not sure about India. Not sure of the price either.

There is another Kenwood unit - DNX7340BTM - which runs Garmin nav software.
Old 22nd February 2011, 18:04   #11

But JVC really lacks the Audio Quality and Sound in it,

Would be the cheapest and The last option for me as I had very bad experience with it.
Old 22nd February 2011, 18:20   #12
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car Audio Head Unit with Bluetooth & Sat Nav

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
JVC KW-AVX836. Comes with Nav unit in other countries but not sure about India. Not sure of the price either.
Mapmyindia etc navigation boxes can be used with the 836. Costs about 20-23k. 836 is available in grey for about 24k.
Old 23rd February 2011, 20:42   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepu9999 View Post
But JVC really lacks the Audio Quality and Sound in it, ...
Please don't write off a model based on past experience with a different model of the same make, or by hearsay. Best would be an actual audition.
Old 1st March 2011, 10:49   #14

Dear Sahil, dont you think the three models you have specified are a bit outdated and under qualified for a SUV like the Fortuner?

I need some help to choose between the following models which are I think the fortuner is worthy of:

KENWOOD DDX8036BT

ALPINE INE-S900R

PIONEER AVIC-F910BT

JVC KW-NX7000
Old 1st March 2011, 14:53   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepu9999 View Post
D... under qualified for a SUV like the Fortuner? ... which are I think the fortuner is worthy of ...
Sounds like a Hindi film / serial dialog - chief antagonist in a love story saying "Aapki beti mere bete ke layak nahin hai"!!!

So what is the criteria against which you felt the other ones were not up to the mark? And which criteria qualified your list?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks