Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2011, 13:24   #16
BHPian

Re: Lock code for Ford Figo TDCi Titanium

^ That's right. The manual does mention about 30 mins and 60 mins. I think this lady from FCC was not well informed of the procedure. Nevertheless, I would not want to take any chances with that.

Will surely have a look at the mentioned places in the car and the manual before visitng the service center.

Thanks!
Old 7th April 2011, 17:21   #17
Senior - BHPian

Please confirm if this code stuff is applicable to Chevy Beat stock HU as well ? If yes, then I may be in trouble. There was one sticker with 4 digits pasted on the HU. I was not aware of the security code stuff so pealed off the sticker and threw it off.

I've to check the manual whether the code is mentioned there or not. Oh God !! Save me.
Old 7th April 2011, 20:53   #18
BANNED

A sticker with the code should be pasted on the HU manual provided by Ford.... check the 1st page or the last page.... and don't worry about trying.... within a gap of 30 minutes...only 3 tries after that you can try again...
Old 8th April 2011, 11:30   #19
BHPian

Thank you all for the inputs!

Now for the update on the status: -

It was silly me who never noticed that the key code is nicely and neatly pasted on the dashboard dicky (inside), right next to the lever. I kept searching for it in the audio and serivce manual all this while.

Yesterday evening when I noticed the key code, I delibrately had to keep my car running for half an hour before I could enter the key code. (My office is exactly 6 KM from where I stay and takes at the max 15 mins of drive time!!)

So now the HU is functional once again and all the settings are reset!

Cheers!!
ObsessedByFIAT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2011, 11:32   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedByFIAT View Post
Thank you all for the inputs!

Now for the update on the status: -

It was silly me who never noticed that the key code is nicely and neatly pasted on the dashboard dicky (inside), right next to the lever. I kept searching for it in the audio and serivce manual all this while.

Yesterday evening when I noticed the key code, I delibrately had to keep my car running for half an hour before I could enter the key code. (My office is exactly 6 KM from where I stay and takes at the max 15 mins of drive time!!)

So now the HU is functional once again and all the settings are reset!

Cheers!!

Do we need to keep the car running for 30 mins? Can't we just power on the audio HU?
Old 8th April 2011, 11:56   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbkumar View Post
Do we need to keep the car running for 30 mins? Can't we just power on the audio HU?
I hope that's what the OP did....
IE, you just need to keep the HU powered for the duration.
Old 8th April 2011, 12:11   #22
BHPian

^ Thats right, you need to keep the HU powered on for 30 mins. Keep your hands away from the ignition switch!

Instead of just keeping the HU on and waiting in the sun, I thought it beeter to drive the car with AC on and enjoying the diesel clatter which otherwise gets hidden under the music. I must say, I enjoyed those 30 mins of pure clatter and every time I down shifted the sudden sweet noice from the engine!!!

Cheers!
Old 8th April 2011, 13:09   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedByFIAT View Post
^ Thats right, you need to keep the HU powered on for 30 mins. Keep your hands away from the ignition switch!

Instead of just keeping the HU on and waiting in the sun, I thought it beeter to drive the car with AC on and enjoying the diesel clatter which otherwise gets hidden under the music. I must say, I enjoyed those 30 mins of pure clatter and every time I down shifted the sudden sweet noice from the engine!!!

Cheers!
Thanks for the clarification. I can imagine how frustrating it would be to just sit and wait for the timer to stop
Old 8th April 2011, 13:23   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbkumar View Post
Thanks for the clarification. I can imagine how frustrating it would be to just sit and wait for the timer to stop
For me if such situation arises I have other ways as well, like park my vehicle in home porch and turn on the power (not ignition), go inside the house, have a cup of tea with some snacks and come back after 30mins to punch in the code.
By the way, I got the code of my HU from one of the pics that my cousin clicked before I removed the sticker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNoob View Post
Please confirm if this code stuff is applicable to Chevy Beat stock HU as well ? If yes, then I may be in trouble. There was one sticker with 4 digits pasted on the HU. I was not aware of the security code stuff so pealed off the sticker and threw it off.

I've to check the manual whether the code is mentioned there or not. Oh God !! Save me.
Attached Thumbnails
Lock code for Ford Figo TDCi Titanium-dsc01080.jpg  

Last edited by AutoNoob : 8th April 2011 at 13:25. Reason: Added photograph
Old 8th April 2011, 15:28   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNoob View Post
For me if such situation arises I have other ways as well, like park my vehicle in home porch and turn on the power (not ignition), go inside the house, have a cup of tea with some snacks and come back after 30mins to punch in the code.
By the way, I got the code of my HU from one of the pics that my cousin clicked before I removed the sticker.
That was sheer luck!!! Happy for you that you have a soft copy of the code now!

BTW, how many times have you entered the code???

OT: That blue lighting in your car looks fab!!!

Cheers!
Old 18th January 2015, 09:44   #26
Team-BHP Support

After battery removal, the OE music system asks for password. After entering password, nothing happens

Switched the music system off and it asks to wait for 30 minutes again.
Old 20th January 2015, 09:41   #27
Team-BHP Support

After keying in the 4 letter pass word, you got to press the 5th key, the 5th key in numbers. The one which has RPT written below it.
Old 22nd January 2015, 16:16   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
After keying in the 4 letter pass word, you got to press the 5th key, the 5th key in numbers. The one which has RPT written below it.
Hi, is it "5" or "6"?
I forgot which one I used last night after installing the USB cable in my friend's Figo. I mentioned "6" in the DIY thread (I remember "6" is the confirmation key in Old Fiesta - 2006 model that came with 6 CD changer)
Old 24th January 2015, 10:51   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
Hi, is it "5" or "6"?
I forgot which one I used last night after installing the USB cable in my friend's Figo. I mentioned "6" in the DIY thread (I remember "6" is the confirmation key in Old Fiesta - 2006 model that came with 6 CD changer)
It was 5. 5 comes after the 4 letter password.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2017, 17:06   #30
BHPian

This old thread helped me yesterday, after I got the battery replaced for my Ford Figo. The Key code was still stuck in the glove box :-).

Battery replaced after 6 years, 46K+ kms

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks