Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2011, 09:16   #1
BHPian

Lock code for Ford Figo TDCi Titanium

@Mods: I have searched the forums and could not find a similar thread, so posting a new one. If there is an exisiting thread, request you to merge this one. Thanks and apologies for inconvenience.

Hi All,

Car: Ford Figo TDCi Titanium
Head Unit: Ford Figo Stock Music Player with BT and USB connection.
Issue:-

Yesterday for some reason I had to remove the battery from the car. When I put in the battery back, the Music Player asked for a key code.

I referred to the Music Palyer Manual and it does not specifically read of any deafult key code (for obivious reasons!). It only describes how to enter the key code and they have taken an example of 1234. Tried that key code and now the head unit shows "Wait for 30 Mins". (Also, if you notice the point number 6 in the manual is incomplete!!!! )

I wanted to know if any one of us have faced this issue and what key code was entered. I will be speaking to my Showroom contact as well for this.

Also, the other issue is, once I remove the key from the car, the counter on head unit resets to 30 Mins, which is very irrirtating. Is this an expected behavior?

Cheers!
Old 7th April 2011, 09:41   #2
BHPian

Re: Lock code for Ford Figo TDCi Titanium

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedByFIAT View Post
Also, the other issue is, once I remove the key from the car, the counter on head unit resets to 30 Mins, which is very irrirtating. Is this an expected behavior?

Cheers!
Each vehicle has its own lock code. This will be supplied to you when you take a delivery. Usually they write it in back of of your vehicle user manual. Car's audio manual is general! You won't get the lock code there. If you didn't find the lock code, ask dealer to retrieve it.
Old 7th April 2011, 10:02   #3
Senior - BHPian

The lock code of the Unit was mentioned on the small plastic sheet that was covering the facia of the unit. there was a instruction on the unit that the sheet to be removed by the customer only and the sticker was to be attached in the manual booklet of the stereo.
Old 7th April 2011, 10:34   #4
BHPian

Quote:
@Mods: I have searched the forums and could not find a similar thread, so posting a new one. If there is an exisiting thread, request you to merge this one. Thanks and apologies for inconvenience.

Hi All,

Car: Ford Figo TDCi Titanium
Head Unit: Ford Figo Stock Music Player with BT and USB connection.
Issue:-

Yesterday for some reason I had to remove the battery from the car. When I put in the battery back, the Music Player asked for a key code.

I referred to the Music Palyer Manual and it does not specifically read of any deafult key code (for obivious reasons!). It only describes how to enter the key code and they have taken an example of 1234. Tried that key code and now the head unit shows "Wait for 30 Mins". (Also, if you notice the point number 6 in the manual is incomplete!!!! )

I wanted to know if any one of us have faced this issue and what key code was entered. I will be speaking to my Showroom contact as well for this.

Cheers!
We have the exact same problem with my friend's Fiesta since the last service at a body repair shop. Still searching for the lock code . Whenever its turned on, it gives the wait for 30 mins and a countdown starts. Since it's pending service, waiting to take it to the service center and try to fix it there.
Old 7th April 2011, 10:43   #5
BHPian

It would be advisable to take your car to the showroom/ dealership. They will be best to help.
Old 7th April 2011, 10:46   #6
BHPian

^ Guess that is what I would need to do. :(

Why does the counter has to reset itself everytime? Bad thinking.

Cheers!
Old 7th April 2011, 11:13   #7
BHPian

Try searching for it in the glove box. The fiesta has it pasted inside the glove box to the side.
Old 7th April 2011, 11:38   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilguy View Post
Try searching for it in the glove box. The fiesta has it pasted inside the glove box to the side.
Yes, Even My figo has a sticker with the code on the outside surface of the Glove box. I've had to use it a couple of times too, when the SA had disconnected the battery to check something.
Old 7th April 2011, 11:50   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

In the fiesta, the 4 digit code was pasted in the stereo section of the owner's manual.
I do remember that you have to wait for the 30 minutes.
What i dont is whether this waiting was done after entering the code or before it.

And anytime you shut it off without waiting out the 30 minutes, its going to get reset to 30 minutes.
Have you waited it out yet?

Ps:quite sure it wont be "1234"
Old 7th April 2011, 12:06   #10
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbkumar View Post
...my friend's Fiesta since the last service at a body repair shop. Still searching for the lock code....
My Fiesta has it written (in pen) on one of the pages in the CAR's user manual. Somewhere towards the end, there is a page with four boxes [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] where the code should be written.

cya
R
Old 7th April 2011, 12:20   #11
BHPian

Just had a word with Ford Customer Care (FCC) and my car dealer.

FCC gave me jitters saying that if you enter it more than three times incorrectly, you will have to get the HU replaced!! :O

Then I called my Dealer and he mentioned that sticker to be either in the glove box or on the car's service manual. Pretty much the same as many our members have mentioned here.

Will have to wait to get back to home and then try searching it once again. Will only try this once, if it does not work, will straight way go to the service sation and get it fixed.

I hope, it works without the visit to service station as I will will have to visit there in a few days from now for the second service!!

Thank you for all your replies!

Cheers!
Old 7th April 2011, 12:36   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

^^
If that is the policy, then its stupid and exploitative.
I am sure that even if you manage to lock the HU, the Fomoco guys will be able to unlock and fix it.
best not to take the chance.
Because i am sure the unlocking in that case would be chargeable.
Old 7th April 2011, 12:48   #13
BHPian

It came handwritten in the Fiesta's Owner's manual in a black permenant marker (this was ages ago, in 2006, maybe systems have changed now). In case you face problems, take it to the dealer. This service is not chargeable.

If you have to get it attended during the service, please ensure you specify in writing in the job report.

For anything that goes wrong with the company fitted stereo / CD Player, the answer is "isko chennai bhejna parega".
Old 7th April 2011, 12:51   #14
Senior - BHPian

There is a lock code for all Ford HU's and it is normally pasted in the glove compartment. In my Fiesta it was there and I had personally removed and pasted in the audio manual. I will be needing it when I return back to India and connect the battery. I had ensured that I had noted the lock code in my personal diary too before I disconnected the battery.
Old 7th April 2011, 12:59   #15
BHPian

I took delivery of my Figo yesterday and the HU lock code is available in the very first page of the HU user guide. There are two stickers with the code and it is mentioned to keep the code safe.

Quote:
Just had a word with Ford Customer Care (FCC) and my car dealer.

FCC gave me jitters saying that if you enter it more than three times incorrectly, you will have to get the HU replaced!! :O
This is not correct. The HU manual mentions that it is 10 times before the unit gets locked. And even after this, I don't think the HU gets permanently disabled. After the first 3 attempts, it starts a timeout of 30 mins before you can try again. And after another 'x' (don't remember how many) attempts, the timeout becomes 60 mins.

Last edited by A350XWB : 7th April 2011 at 13:07.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks