Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: I have personally used their services and would rate them as:
Recommended 2 22.22%
NOT recommended 7 77.78%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2015, 09:34   #46
BHPian

I had been there to enquire about some dent repairs when I mentioned team Bhp he didn't recognise my Santro requires some work on running board and door which are rusted. He was quoting 9000 for it.
Old 5th September 2015, 18:05   #47
Senior - BHPian

Re: Multi-brand Car Workshop - Speed Motors (Shastri Nagar, Chennai)

Quote:
Originally Posted by knownstrangerr View Post
I had been there to enquire about some dent repairs when I mentioned team Bhp he didn't recognise my Santro requires some work on running board and door which are rusted. He was quoting 9000 for it.
His garage has a tbhp sticker on the gate so I am surprised that he won't recognise it. You sure you went to the right place? There are many other garages nearby
Old 5th September 2015, 18:28   #48
BHPian

Multi-brand Car Workshop - Speed Motors (Shastri Nagar, Chennai)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
His garage has a tbhp sticker on the gate so I am surprised that he won't recognise it. You sure you went to the right place? There are many other garages nearby

I did even mentioned about the sticker to which he mentioned it was on some car which he just struck on the door. His shop is the last one in the road and I spoke to Yehaya only
Old 5th September 2015, 23:14   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I did even mentioned about the sticker to which he mentioned it was on some car which he just struck on the door. His shop is the last one in the road and I spoke to Yehaya only
Funny. Let me ask him - there's some communication gap here.

He keeps saying he derives a ton of business from bhpians so hard to believe he'd not recognize BHP at all.
Old 6th September 2015, 00:35   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Funny. Let me ask him - there's some communication gap here.

He keeps saying he derives a ton of business from bhpians so hard to believe he'd not recognize BHP at all.

So was I when he didn't as there is so much talk about him and his work out here I was there only due to the recommendations out here
Old 6th September 2015, 09:46   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So was I when he didn't as there is so much talk about him and his work out here I was there only due to the recommendations out here
He is not a much tech savvy guy but he knows TBHP pretty well. Let me talk to him and update on this thread.

Finally - did you give your Santro to him or not? I own a 2007 Santro and am damn happy with his service provided for repairs and periodic running maintenance service.
Old 6th September 2015, 09:50   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
He is not a much tech savvy guy but he knows TBHP pretty well. Let me talk to him and update on this thread.

Finally - did you give your Santro to him or not? I own a 2007 Santro and am damn happy with his service provided for repairs and periodic running maintenance service.

Went there to have a quote for dent repair would probably be giving this week or max next as it badly needs the rusted parts to go
knownstrangerr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2015, 10:19   #53
BHPian

I have taken 3 cars to Speed Motors and Yahya is amiable. But his men are sour puss and Yahya himself treats them with kid gloves. If you ask them to get spares, you end up paying quite a bit - at least in my experience. They charged Rs.4000/- for one OVRM. If you buy the spares, Yahya can get the job done at reasonable rates.

Here is the Team-BHP sticker on his door.
Attached Thumbnails
Multi-brand Car Workshop - Speed Motors (Shastri Nagar, Chennai)-speedmotor2.jpg  

Last edited by Prowler : 6th September 2015 at 10:22.
Old 6th September 2015, 11:48   #54
BHPian

After coming to know about SPEED motors from this thread, i have been visiting this place frequently for almost 5 months now. When i first met him he said he didnt know about TEAM BHP, and hence I briefed him what the forum is all about.

Initially I gave my Fiesta for a general service and I was quite happy with his rates. Shortly afterwards the Fiesta had a Water Pump failure and he took almost a week to diagnose the issue and get it replaced. Though i was satisfied with the work, the time he took was a dampener.
Then I gave him my Liva for repainting few of the panels, and the job was below par - the freshly painted surface was hand touched with brush in few areas. When i asked him he said his staff had committed some error. It seems the polishing or buffing was done by a newcomer resulting in the paint coming off in those places. Salim regretted for the incident and agreed to rectify it sometime later.

Later i Left my fiesta for repaining a small dent. After taking the car back i noticed that a miniature Hummer which sits in the dashboard was missing. Salim accepted that someone from his workshop had taken it and apologised. He offered to pay me, but I didnt since i had got it as a gift. Later i also realised that they had tried to remove the mobile holder stuck on the dashboard, but left it back. However the glue was gone and the accessory became useless.

I kept returning to him since his workshop was walking distance from my office, and i can conveniently leave the vehicle and walk to work. Hence i went back to him again to replace the horn in my fiesta. He installed a Hella horn which had a pathetic sound quality. He accepted that the qualtity was not good and offered to get it replaced. This was about 2 months back, and i would have made atleast 20 calls to him, and each time he would give an excuse, and say he shall get the part and call me back. And he is yet to call back. I was fed up and yesterday finally went to jeewajee and installed a Hella Trumpet horn. (Meanwhile the person at Jeewajee told me that the replaced horn was a OE item which could have been exchanged by a new car buyer).

Overall my opinion is that though Salim seems to be genuine the output isnt satisfactory.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 7th September 2015 at 11:01. Reason: Smileys = 2 per post.
Old 7th September 2015, 10:32   #55
Senior - BHPian

When I go he shows me the oem boxes and bill for parts not sure what happened here
Old 11th November 2015, 19:17   #56
Senior - BHPian

Have given my Santro for some accident repairs. An aunty came on the wrong side and hit my Santro. I have a cracked front bumper, broken left headlamp and a dented bonnet.

Hyundai quoted 30,000 for the same. I have given to Yehaya as he quoted 10K. I am looking forward to see the paint quality, which I will update once I get it.
Old 11th November 2015, 19:29   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

I've been here for a small welding work in my Fiesta. They asked Rs.150 and I think I gave them a 100 bucks more just as a gesture considering the physical work involved.

Coming to the posts related to painting. I've seen their workshop and it didn't even have a proper roof. Just another place where they paint the cars out in the open. When cars painted in A.S.S itself have inconsistent finish these days (Even after the huge cost we pay), there's only so much quality we can expect from FNGs.
kiku007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2015, 00:13   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Have given my Santro for some accident repairs. An aunty came on the wrong side and hit my Santro. I have a cracked front bumper, broken left headlamp and a dented bonnet.

Hyundai quoted 30,000 for the same. I have given to Yehaya as he quoted 10K. I am looking forward to see the paint quality, which I will update once I get it.

Bharath for the cracked front bumper is he replacing the bumper or doing repair work one bike idiot hit and tore my bumper have many suggestions from various people we can mend it n we need to change it kind of stuff
knownstrangerr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2015, 19:05   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Coming to the posts related to painting. I've seen their workshop and it didn't even have a proper roof. Just another place where they paint the cars out in the open. When cars painted in A.S.S itself have inconsistent finish these days (Even after the huge cost we pay), there's only so much quality we can expect from FNGs.
O am yet to get the car. I will definitely write about the quality of paint finish. The delay is because of rains in Chennai.

Quote:
Bharath for the cracked front bumper is he replacing the bumper or doing repair work one bike idiot hit and tore my bumper have many suggestions from various people we can mend it n we need to change it kind of stuff
Take it to Yehaya - he will inspect and tell if it can be fixrf. If just clamps are broken, we can weld it into place / use a screw / bolt and fasten it, else it needs replacement.
Old 13th November 2015, 20:48   #60
BANNED

Is this what is called a multibrand workshop...it appears to be a regular 'mechanic shop' as we used to call them !
Also, how do we know that the spares used are original as someone has posted ? The market is rife with fake parts.
I am not finding fault with Speed Motors but I feel that calling this a multibrand workshop is overdoing it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks