Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Chennai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2011, 12:03   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car Audio : Tecnokrat (Chennai)

My 2 cents,

My last experience with Tecnokrat wasn't good either.

From my experience, i think Tecnokrat works for people who dont mind going by installers recommendation and for those who want a extremely clean and professional Install. And Bala sure knows a thing or two to open up OEM integrated HU's. He is a genius in troubleshooting these stuff. and thats why, one could spot a lot of bimmers, Mercs, Audi's and many other cars in that league. And almost all his install are as good as it can get in the 'looks' department.

But when it comes to plain jane 'audio', and the tuning aspect of it, i dont think its his cup of tea. Because i got some weired responses when i explained my setup to him. Some thing as crude as placing the Midbass under the seat, giving 90 odd rms of class A to a tweeter (without passive XO), suggesting me to get the Alpine 117 instead of the Eclipse 7200 MK II for going active are few of the things i remember.

Its really hard to go with someone when he cant really understand the customer requirements !
Mi10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2011, 22:21   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post
My 2 cents,

My last experience with Tecnokrat wasn't good either.

From my experience, i think Tecnokrat works for people who dont mind going by installers recommendation and for those who want a extremely clean and professional Install. And Bala sure knows a thing or two to open up OEM integrated HU's. He is a genius in troubleshooting these stuff. and thats why, one could spot a lot of bimmers, Mercs, Audi's and many other cars in that league. And almost all his install are as good as it can get in the 'looks' department.

But when it comes to plain jane 'audio', and the tuning aspect of it, i dont think its his cup of tea. Because i got some weired responses when i explained my setup to him. Some thing as crude as placing the Midbass under the seat, giving 90 odd rms of class A to a tweeter (without passive XO), suggesting me to get the Alpine 117 instead of the Eclipse 7200 MK II for going active are few of the things i remember.

Its really hard to go with someone when he cant really understand the customer requirements !
I am sorry, you are trying to sound like nitrous( he is my best chum). What is the looks department by the way ? When it comes to audio, it is the sound and how the hardware is put in place (the install, which is of utmost importance as important as the equipment), where does looks come in here ? Are you talking about fibreglassing and LCDs and stuff ? Of course, Bala is in the business for a while even before some of us starting thinking of listening to our MP3s in the car or even at home. Ok, your taste in music/sound probably does not pair with me or bala( for that matter mine does not pair with bala either), that is fine. I am not talking for his thousands of customers, only for myself and my close friends who have gone there. Here is a person with a good establishment who can give you advice on what he thinks is best and who can do an install which is worth it's weight in gold and I am talking from quite a bit of experience. I have been to GP road and it's "talented" offshoots and self proclaimed and others acclaimed "BESHT" installers and burnt my fingers many a time just because I loved the sound. If you are talking music, then it is a different ball game, i hope you understand.

@ nitrous.. I hope I can have my view too right ? I do not have to 'concur' with your views, right ? Let's concur to differ then and not move on, but roll on, let's roll baby. Life is about music, enjoy it till you breathe.
Cheers

Last edited by esteem_lover : 10th January 2011 at 22:26.
Old 11th January 2011, 20:58   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
I am sorry, you are trying to sound like nitrous( he is my best chum).
I am sorry if i am sounding like anybody here. It was unintentional !

Quote:
What is the looks department by the way ? When it comes to audio, it is the sound and how the hardware is put in place (the install, which is of utmost importance as important as the equipment), where does looks come in here ? Are you talking about fibreglassing and LCDs and stuff ?
Just want to stress that, significant effort is oreinted towards the install part (if you like to call it that way) than the sound 'tuning' part (I wish to call it the Sound Quality)

Quote:
Of course, Bala is in the business for a while even before some of us starting thinking of listening to our MP3s in the car or even at home.
Agreed. I never doubted his expereince.
Just that his expereince was not able to address my requirement.

Quote:
Ok, your taste in music/sound probably does not pair with me or bala( for that matter mine does not pair with bala either), that is fine.
Its nothing to do with taste. of course i understand music is subjective. But then there are few basics which are as distingiushable as black and white.

Quote:
I am not talking for his thousands of customers, only for myself and my close friends who have gone there.
I am just talking 'only' from my experience.

Quote:
Here is a person with a good establishment who can give you advice on what he thinks is best and who can do an install which is worth it's weight in gold and I am talking from quite a bit of experience.
That is what i had posted upfront, right ?.
Quote:
From my experience, i think Tecnokrat works for people who dont mind going by installers recommendation and for those who want a extremely clean and professional Install
Quote:
I have been to GP road and it's "talented" offshoots and self proclaimed and others acclaimed "BESHT" installers and burnt my fingers many a time just because I loved the sound. If you are talking music, then it is a different ball game, i hope you understand.
Yes agree partially. Because i even i had many bad expereinces with the GP road folks, until i knew what i wanted.
Its then i understood that 'what GP road does for low cost, many reputed big branded stores do the same for some extra cash. And from 'MY' experience Tecknocrat seems to be one among them.
Old 11th January 2011, 21:30   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just want to stress that, significant effort is oreinted towards the install part (if you like to call it that way) than the sound 'tuning' part (I wish to call it the Sound Quality)

Agreed. I never doubted his expereince.
Just that his expereince was not able to address my requirement.
Hi,

Please describe your SQ requirements to him and I'm sure he will be able to sort it out for you.

Most of us have done the GP road and Parrys corner circuit before to understand the difference between SQ and SPL.

FYI, most of the guys whom i referred to Bala are Happy customers of his.

Its the way you put across what you want from him rather than how you want him to do it..

Hope you get the drift!!
Old 11th January 2011, 22:03   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Its the way you put across what you want from him rather than how you want him to do it..

Hope you get the drift!!
Yes sir, i get your point.

But as i have earlier said, he clicks for people who ask his recommendation and go with it.

But i am too much into ICE, to believe all things an installer says. Sometimes is good to be ignorant, Less expectations, less heartburn and less tension.

Cheers
Mi10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2011, 12:43   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But i am too much into ICE, to believe all things an installer says. Sometimes is good to be ignorant, Less expectations, less heartburn and less tension.
Well, it seems to be a case of "clash of the titans" my friend. Anyways would be glad to sample your ICE in future.

Would be nice to know your POV too
Old 12th January 2011, 15:19   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well, it seems to be a case of "clash of the titans" my friend.
Oops, i am no Titan in this, i just 'think' i got my basics right.
Of course, i have no intention with clashing with anyone, as i dont have any commercial angle to deal here.

Quote:
Anyways would be glad to sample your ICE in future.
Would be nice to know your POV too
Your most welcome sir. In fact would definitley want you to audition mine.
Will PM you my number, lets meet up at a mutually convienent day
Cheers
Old 12th January 2011, 16:45   #23
BHPian

I always get jitters seeing the rides getting done there.It's like getting a haircut done in a Taj or Sheraton. (Not talking cost wise.)

Anyway taken both POV's. Do they do mundane jobs like swapping HU's between rides and tuning the set up alone ? That's my immediate requirement.

OT: @ Praveen could not make it last time for the audition hope we catch up again.
Old 12th January 2011, 20:06   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But as i have earlier said, he clicks for people who ask his recommendation and go with it.

Cheers
A quick reply.

That is a misrepresentation of facts, yes he does have his own recommendations, you are not obliged to follow that. You are paying the money and you can get it whichever way you want it. I bought all the equipment which i thought was best and to my budget and i did not face any issues getting a good install from him. And I did the tuning myself, I know what I listen to how I want it, yeah it won't suit the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2theMax View Post
I always get jitters seeing the rides getting done there.It's like getting a haircut done in a Taj or Sheraton. (Not talking cost wise.)

Anyway taken both POV's. Do they do mundane jobs like swapping HU's between rides and tuning the set up alone ? That's my immediate requirement.

OT: @ Praveen could not make it last time for the audition hope we catch up again.
Under all that hep cars that he works on, there is a simple guy who is willing to do what you want, you are not obliged to take his ideas.

P.S I am in no way commercially connected with Bala, I will lose my job if I did, forget being banned from T-BHP.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks