Team-BHP - Authorized 3M dealer - Shri Balaji Agencies (Alwarpet, Chennai)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Chennai (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/chennai/)
-   -   Authorized 3M dealer - Shri Balaji Agencies (Alwarpet, Chennai) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/chennai/83228-authorized-3m-dealer-shri-balaji-agencies-alwarpet-chennai-4.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MutantX (Post 2020987)
Whizzkid, please also checkout at genuinecaraccessories.com - this is a shop in T.Nagar. Thw owner gives some good tips and sounds very authentic.

Ok, will checkout.

Quote:

Please also let me know the cost for the Llumar sunfilm for windscreen.

Will revert after heading to the place & know about cost of the film for i10.

Quote:

Would the visibility be affected during rains when windscreen sunfilm is installed?

yet to experience. But as of now even if the film hasn't installed the fog would show up when it rains.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ph03n!x (Post 2021827)
Infact even those without the front sunfilm reported the issue.

Yeah, heard this too from my friends. Btw, How is the cooling effect buddy during Redhot sunny days? Some feedback?

Quote:

My question is: Would the visibility be affected during rains when windscreen sunfilm is installed?

Visibility won't be a problem if the sunfilm specifically meant for front windscreen is installed. During daytime there is absolutely no issue. During night, though glare is reduced to quite an extent, some degree of diffused light (from headlamps of oncoming vehicles) will be there in case both inside/outside is not squeaky clean, though it is not bothersome at all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by whizzkid_ram (Post 2021880)
Yeah, heard this too from my friends. Btw, How is the cooling effect buddy during Redhot sunny days? Some feedback?

My is a Black Getz CRDi, and I originally had RE50 on the sides and back - nothing on the front. When Chennai summers neared, I could feel the heat and the AC was not helping - this is the same AC that used to freeze me when the thermostat is set just about 1/4 on the "blue" and the blower speed is set to 1.

I took the plunge, ripped off the 6 month old RE50 (3000 bucks down the drain), and went for CS5 (yes! the darkest in the CS series!) for the sides and CR70 for the front. And I dont regret the change at all - I could drive through the 40 degree Chennai summer with blower set to 2 and thermostat set to 1/3. The AC does take its time to cool the car if the it was parked under direct sun for a long while - about 15 minutes or more, but that is to be expected I guess. Once it starts cooling the car, you will be forced to reduce the blower to 1 and thermostat back to 1/4!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ph03n!x (Post 2022116)
My is a Black Getz CRDi, and I originally had RE50 on the sides and back - nothing on the front. When Chennai summers neared, I could feel the heat and the AC was not helping - this is the same AC that used to freeze me when the thermostat is set just about 1/4 on the "blue" and the blower speed is set to 1.

I took the plunge, ripped off the 6 month old RE50 (3000 bucks down the drain), and went for CS5 (yes! the darkest in the CS series!) for the sides and CR70 for the front. And I dont regret the change at all - I could drive through the 40 degree Chennai summer with blower set to 2 and thermostat set to 1/3. The AC does take its time to cool the car if the it was parked under direct sun for a long while - about 15 minutes or more, but that is to be expected I guess. Once it starts cooling the car, you will be forced to reduce the blower to 1 and thermostat back to 1/4!

Thanx for the pointers folk.

Today I was at Balaji Agencies to get the exterior & interior detailing done for my Fiesta. I had booked an appointment with them for 1PM and I was there on schedule. However, the technicians were not free to do the work on my car.

I have asked for their service at home tomorrow morning for my car & my Dad's Tavera. I will post a feedback further after their service.

Btw, what is surface polishing. There is a spot on my car's hood where the paint is smudged/matted a bit, looks more like some solution has fell over on that spot. The technicians from Balaji agencies suggested me to get a complete surface polish done to get rid of that spot. I adviced them to get the surface polish done only on the hood for now. The cost for complete surface polish was in the range of 3500/-.

I want to know if there would be any visible difference between the surface polished surface and the normal polish surface! If there would be a difference then I would do full surface polish on my car. Need your suggestions folks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by anachronix (Post 2028817)
I want to know if there would be any visible difference between the surface polished surface and the normal polish surface! If there would be a difference then I would do full surface polish on my car. Need your suggestions folks!

You are saying they have 2 products- a surface polished surface and a normal polish surface!? Never heard of that before. What I have is 3M Paint Protection and I don't know which category it falls under. It costs 3500 for 3 polishes. Ask them if surface polish is actually paint protection. If it is, then it's very good.

I am not sure if its 2 different products or 2 different methods!

But, it looks like you have got yourself the surface polish done. I will get the same stuff done on my car as well.

Even the minor scratches looks more prominent due to the black color. So I think its better if I get the surface polish done!

last time what they told me about surface polish is the use of clay bar and some other methods where as normal polish is just a one step process

Claybar is for cleaning/ surface preparation before the actual polish.
You can watch how it works here:
YouTube - Mothers Polish - NEW Clay Bar System Ad

Btw, why don't you guys give yourselves a good workout and do this polishing yourselves.
Save a ton of money, get healthier and be proud of the end result.

^ saar I think people here know what a claybar is used for , was saying that it was not used as part of their normal polishing among other things which could be why its cheaper :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by bottle (Post 2029173)
^ saar I think people here know what a claybar is used for , was saying that it was not used as part of their normal polishing among other things which could be why its cheaper :)

Of course, bottle.
My post was for greenhorns like me. :)

if you are a greenhorn then all of us would be newborns :Shockked:

but you did raise a valid point, i've tried both 3m and carzspa and nothing beats polishing yourself :D

Polishing myself! :D

It would be a good option to burn more calories and also some rubber(tire) to get in shape.

Are you serious, we can beat the shine of the machine polish?

If you mean machine vs hand its a big no! When you polish it yourself you would probably take the extra care since its your baby where as at most of the polishing joints there is no self interest and its just another car that has to be pushed out.

Heres results from polishing bonnet alone, took me about an hour with an old baniyan and some elbow grease

Authorized 3M dealer - Shri Balaji Agencies (Alwarpet, Chennai)-bonnet.jpg

Most of us dont have the time or the willingness so its time to make a trip to the nearest detailer

^^ WoW! Thats one heck of a job. The shine is awesome on the hood!

I have few scratches on the body to be taken care of, probably I will do the polishing myself from next time on! :D