Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Chennai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2012, 09:07   #31
BHPian

Re: Raja Tyres - Chennai

I am little skeptical about this place after meeting them yesterday. He knew I was a team- bhp member.

Reasons

My Requirement : Tubeless (Michelin) with New Steel Rims for Indica Xeta

Options provided by Raja Tyres

1. Alloys with Apollo Tyres. Apparently these Apollo XL tyres were specifically made to Indica Private Owners and cost Rs 3100. I find this reason hard to believe.

2. XM1 with New Rims. Rims were quoted at Rs 900 but I could not see them . He had to source from outside.

3. Told me to move to Ford Ikon Rims apparently since they were stronger. He showed be a second hand one with some rust on it. I told him if this was the case I would use my stock rims after straightening.

4. Finally told me to opt for Indica eV2 Rims since they were stronger. I did some research and found that Indica eV2 comes with 14" and not 13" which is my stock size.

I left the place since by then I decided I wanted to move to XM2 and they would be available early next week.

I also enquired at Tata Authorized Dealers and they quote the rims at Rs 750 and Concorde Motors at Rs780. They have only 1 type of rim and no special stronger rims.

Need to reconsider my decision to visit this place.
Marlon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2012, 23:44   #32
h14
BHPian

Me too lost faith in this place. I've been to them on a lot of occasions and have also recommend many friends to them and inspite of that I felt that I was hard done during my visit two weeks back.

I got the wheels balanced and aligned. There was no change in alignment and the setting was perfect. It has not changed even after 10,000 kms. I also got my calipers and drums painted. They charged me Rs.800/- for the painting.

As usual I was extremely satisfied with the service rendered to me at Raja Tyres but felt really ripped off with the bill. I'm not complaining about the painting but on the alignment and balancing. I felt that I was totally overcharged for balancing and alignment. They charged me Rs.400 for alignment and Rs.200 per wheel for balancing. The price chart put there showed 300 for alignment and 150 for balancing for Palio. When I asked about that he just gave me a blunt reply that prices are revised.

He very well knows that I'm a regular there and also that I'm a member of Team-BHP.

This is my last visit to that place and I'm not going there nor recommending anyone to go there after this.
Old 17th October 2012, 22:39   #33
BHPian

I too agree.I referred my friend to change their palio's tyres ,also quoting t-bhp.But my friend enquired with other shops also and found the prices to be grossly inflated ! This despite referring t-bhp to the shop guy. Guess that this place is not in t-bhpians' good books anymore.
Old 8th June 2016, 09:47   #34
h14
BHPian

Visited Raja Tyres after a very long time and the experience was wonderful. It started off with my hunt on tyres for my Palio S10. I was upgrading from 14" to 15" and was super confused on what tyre profiles to get.

Tried calling some 4-5 dealers in Chennai and the response was lukewarm. They were least bothered to respond to a phone enquiry and the prices quoted were exuberant. It was only then I was reminded of Raja Tyres and called them up. (I haven't visited them since I moved farther away from the city.)

Called them up and the response was wonderful. I was literally fed up with the response from the shops that I had called previously. It was a very long call with Deepak ranging from size to brands. Got all the prices from him and some 2-3 calls happened after that and it was finally zeroed to 195/55 R15 Apollo Alnac 4g for Rs. 4100 per tyre.

Visited them around 5PM and work was completed in a jiffy. Was charged Rs.800 for balancing of 4 wheels (15" alloys) which I felt was expensive compared to TyreDrome or FASS but the job was more than satisfactory.

Was not charged for alignment though.

All in all, it was a refreshing change from my previous experiences and I can definitely recommend them for new tyres as on the pricing front others are nowhere close. And, do make it a point to deal with Deepak

Raja Tyres - Chennai-3.jpg

Raja Tyres - Chennai-4.jpg

Raja Tyres - Chennai-6.jpg

Last edited by h14 : 8th June 2016 at 09:53.
h14 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2017, 19:25   #35
BHPian

Visited Raja tyres today for a Tyre change. As usual Pramod was awesome to deal with and gave me a wide variety of options for my Innova. I finally settled for Nexen N7000 plus for Rs.5000/tyre, based on his suggestion for a tyre with good durability and comfort. His staff did a super quick job of swapping the tyres, balancing and aligning them.

Even though I was little skeptical of the brand as I have only heard of it but never seen anyone using them in India till now. A quick Google search to show that they are OE for Volkswagen, Porsche, Hyundai, Kia, etc., restored faith. Plus Pramod offering me an unconditional warranty for 5 years/ unlimited kilometers sealed the deal.

This is my fourth experience with them. First time got alloys when we bought the Innova. Second was to replace tyres at 52k kms and third was getting the Brake calipers and drums painted and now this.
Old 17th February 2017, 09:12   #36
h14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post
Even though I was little skeptical of the brand as I have only heard of it but never seen anyone using them in India till now.
Ah, don't worry. I have extensively used Nexen in both my Palio's and they are good. Enjoy the nexen's on the Innova
h14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2017, 09:43   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h14 View Post
Ah, don't worry. I have extensively used Nexen in both my Palio's and they are good. Enjoy the nexen's on the Innova
Thank you for the above post. Even though Pramod gives an honest opinion, it is comforting when someone who has used the brand gives a thumbs-up. Feeling reassured about the Nexens now.

The ride definitely feels more pliant compared to the Continental CPC2's. Sadly they have stopped dealing in Konig Alloys.

Last edited by Shanksta : 17th February 2017 at 09:57.
Old 17th February 2017, 10:13   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post
The ride definitely feels more pliant compared to the Continental CPC2's. Sadly they have stopped dealing in Konig Alloys.
But they sell Momo alloys now in a big way. And genuine stuff too. Not like the dozens of fake Momos floating around the market.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2017, 12:27   #39
BHPian

Got my Fiesta done up at Raja Tyres last Nov / Dec. They did a brilliant job and the entire work was completed in an hour flat! Initially I was planning on getting the Michelin P3ST in the 195/60/R15 size. But then, they suggested that I go with Conti MC5s to complement the handling of my vehicle. Since our run is close 10 to 12k kms a year, I decided that it would be a good compromise between the lesser tread life and handling! I also changed to Lenso alloys from the stock alloys. Got the anti-theft wheel nuts installed as well! Got a decent buy-back for old alloys and tyres.

What I found surprising was that, they did not suggest wheel alignment post tyre & alloy change. One negative would be that his workers blatantly ask for a tip immediately post doing the job! I don't mind tipping for a good job, but this is not acceptable.

Otherwise, a brilliant experience at Raja Tyres. Sharing a few of my car post the alloy change here.
Attached Thumbnails
Raja Tyres - Chennai-dsc_0257-.jpg  

Raja Tyres - Chennai-img_9130.jpg  

Raja Tyres - Chennai-img_9132.jpg  

Old 22nd May 2017, 12:07   #40
Senior - BHPian

Raja tyres gave me an approximate quote over phone just now for Conti MC5 - 195/60 R15 tyres, INR 5400. There is also a buyback for the existing tyres, but that is based on visual inspection - so maybe about 200 a tyre is what I can expect.

Is this a reasonable cost for the Conti MC5?
Old 5th May 2022, 23:43   #41
BHPian

Visited Raja tyres 3 weeks back, for the fifth time, in the past 12.5 years. This time it was to replace the tyres on my newly bought pre-worshipped Cedia. My Cedia was running on 2015 Bridgestones, despite having a lot of tread left I decicded to get them replaced from a safety perspective.

I decided to keep it stock and was looking at 195/60 R15 tyres. I was given a choice of Yokohama Earth1, BluEarth, MRF Perfinza and Continental UC6. They suggested MRF Perfinza and also having read about them on our forum I decided to go with them.

They did a quick job of swapping, balancing and aligning the new tyres. Got wheel balancing, alignment and new valves free of cost. I must say the cost of tyres have gone up compared to what I remember it being earlier. In conclusion, another good experience at Raja tyres.

Last edited by Shanksta : 5th May 2022 at 23:45.
Old 1st December 2022, 23:06   #42
BHPian

Visited Raja Tyres today for my Hyundai elite i20’s tyre change.

The Goodyear Assurance TripleMax (195/55 - R16) was replaced with Vredestein Utlrac (195/55 - R16) tyres in my Elite i20 Asta (O).

Single tyre was quoted Rs.7600 and the total tyre cost was Rs.30400 (including wheel alignment and balancing). The tyres were from the recent batch (41st week of 2022). Earlier I bought JK Tyre Treel TPMS, and it was also installed at free of cost.

Totally satisfied with the service.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks