Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2013, 13:36   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Eicher Pro series: New range of Buses & Trucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalaps View Post
And as a child I used to admire it as a truck with THREE wipers
These Toyota's were the most reliable of the bunch that had come out during the mid 90s. My school bus was a DCM Toyota and it had the usual Toyota quality. It was built to last and yeah, it had the triple wiper arrangement. Even had intermittent function too which was unheard off on a truck.

I like the tortoise and hare indicators on the dashboard console. I guess it is to indicate that you are either too fast or too slow.

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 4th December 2013 at 13:43.
sandeepmohan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2013, 14:21   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post

What's the right way of pronouncing Eicher ?
Its "eye - sher". I heard it pronounced like this since begining.
Old 4th December 2013, 14:45   #18
Team-BHP Support

Somehow I personally find the front looks of these trucks extremely fugly! Very busy looking front that kind of jars on senses. The design seems to have very chinese type of influence! This is in comparison to the contemporaries like Volvo, BharatBenz and even Tata Prima range of trucks.
Old 5th December 2013, 09:44   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Somehow I personally find the front looks of these trucks extremely fugly! Very busy looking front that kind of jars on senses. The design seems to have very chinese type of influence! This is in comparison to the contemporaries like Volvo, BharatBenz and even Tata Prima range of trucks.
Haha.. For me it looks like the design is inspired by Hercule Poirot's signature moustache.

The Eicher Pro series: New range of Buses & Trucks-mous.jpg

But if you ask VE they may come up with a story saying that the front facia is inspired by the WINGS of birds, symbolising Freedom, Power, go-anywhere bla bla..

Anyway, this is one welcome change atleast. I've seen the Eichers becoming a boring design for around a decade.

Last edited by rajeshsundaram : 5th December 2013 at 09:46. Reason: Removed redundant attachment
Old 5th December 2013, 11:17   #20
BHPian

So does this launch mean that Volvo will slowly and surely introduce its truck series we see in all those commercials (on youtube) with Van Damme or with the one in Spain with running bulls ? So instead of coming in with "Volvo" brandname which is seen on buses and mining trucks the other trucks will come out of Eicher JV ?
Old 5th December 2013, 11:27   #21
BHPian

Dear All,

My two bits on the observation here.

The trucks do look good, but are the bumpers with fog lamps made in plastic, if yes then their longevity will be in question. Give simple metal bumpers, a truck owner does not like replacement.

Wrt instrument cluster, was on a BEST bus the other day, it had a new dash with indicators and all, all the warning lights were up and the driver was not bothered. IMO BEST does employ drivers after a round of interviews and are reasonably educated. Do you think the fleet operator or dumper truck driver will bother for the messages flashing on MID.

The colours shown are metallic, rule for repainting such vehicles, would be one scratch and repaint the entire panel. Dont think fleet operator or sole truck owner will be bothered.

Its good to have three wipers, would the owners bother to change 3 wiper blades every 6 months/1 year (considering the quality of rubber available). Saw a Honda city yesterday, with peeling wiper blade, maintenance from truck owner/driver is too much to ask for.

Last edited by kavesh55 : 5th December 2013 at 11:30.
Old 5th December 2013, 11:31   #22
BHPian

These trucks are a indian face of the UD Quester launched few months back in Bangkok.
Leymama is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2013, 11:40   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post
So instead of coming in with "Volvo" brandname which is seen on buses and mining trucks the other trucks will come out of Eicher JV ?
Eicher is a JV and hence would compete with the local players. Volvo will exist in premium segments where customers acknowledge their reliability exclusiveness in safety and operator's comfort.

Cheers!
Old 5th December 2013, 11:52   #24
BHPian

Surprised to see that none of the cabins have a sleeper , are none of these long haul trucks , also what about the safety specs , do they have ABS and other stuff ?
Old 5th December 2013, 12:08   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanometer View Post
Surprised to see that none of the cabins have a sleeper , are none of these long haul trucks , also what about the safety specs , do they have ABS and other stuff ?
Only the Pro 8000 can be treated as a long-hauler but only has a bare basic resting seat behind the driver. Although no information about safety specs was shared, if you see the instrument cluster picture on the first page of this thread, there is an ABS notification light at the bottom right.
Old 5th December 2013, 13:19   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanometer View Post
The Pro3000 and the Pro6000(Pro3014 and Pro 6031 as per the plate on the front) shown on Page 1 appear to be sleeper cabs. Stratos would be able to clarify this with more images of the two vehicles.

Is there any image of the Pro 1000 series interiors?

Regarding the exteriors, it appears to be a good alternative to the current LCV front when seen in perspective as I recall the last two generations of canter based LCV's from Eicher and find this one as way better than any of those and also fairly good when compared with TATA's and Mahindra's as well as ALL(BOSS)...
Old 9th December 2013, 14:42   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post

I like the tortoise and hare indicators on the dashboard console. I guess it is to indicate that you are either too fast or too slow.
That tortoise and hare is LOW range and HIGH range indicators. Used in trucks equipped with two speed rear axles. Nothing but, like a 12 speed gearbox.
star_aqua is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2014, 16:40   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Eicher launches light and medium duty trucks in Ahmedabad.

Quote:
VE Commercial Vehicles (VECV) has launched the Eicher Pro1000 and EicherPro 3000 series of light and medium duty trucks here.

The trucks are expected to meet the needs of the emerging mid-premium market segment, which demands vehicles of higher power and durability, greater comfort and value-added enhanced features at economical cost.

http://auto.economictimes.indiatimes...dabad/34532566
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2014, 08:39   #29
BHPian

Eicher rolls out light, medium duty trucks

Read more at:
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...campaign=cppst
Old 16th July 2014, 09:27   #30
Senior - BHPian

Though the economy is struggling none of the manufactures have reduced their product launches. Intact the cycle has reduced now. All major manufacturers have launched new products once in 4 to 6 months. Either Pro is definitely a game changer for Eicher. That should tell new stories to Bharat Benz as well, where till now it was criticising Indian manufacturers on various context and took Eicher for granted in M&HCV.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks