Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2014, 15:06   #61
BHPian

Re: BMTC launches India's first electric bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post

The bus costs a whooping 2.7 cr compared to 90laks for the Volvo.
But on long run, it may come at per as diesel expenses will be zero. But yes we have to look at battery cost and other maintenance issues, one good part though no engine oil required.
Old 10th April 2014, 09:11   #62
Team-BHP Support

I have been using BMTC transport very regularly since this new year. And, the situation was really good when i could just use the Volvo buses, specially the airport Volvo buses are among the best I have used for intra-city transport. I used to prefer BMTC Volvo against my own personal transport for office commute.

However, thanks to the new airport flyovers- Volvo buses are not an option to me anymore. And that's when reality struck. My goodness, it's been a struggle travelling to office and back these days.

The signboards are all in Kannada on 90% of the non- Volvo buses. Only thing I am able to read is the numbering system which i still haven't deciphered properly. I've faced the same issue in Chennai, but atleast I have seen them mentioning the start and destination in English- and the rest of the main stops in Tamil. Also the infrastructure seems quite badly maintained and dirty, specially the white and blue buses. On one occasion, the seat just fell off when two of us were seated.

But to their credit- the fares in these buses are dirt cheap. Rs.22 for travelling 35 kms!
Old 10th April 2014, 10:42   #63
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Comprehensive BMTC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
But to their credit- the fares in these buses are dirt cheap. Rs.22 for travelling 35 kms!
Is that w.r.t BMTC or MTC? BMTC, IMHO, is damn expensive for the regular city rides - a 9km journey from my place to Jayanagar 4th block costs Rs. 15, while a 14km ride to Majestic costs Rs. 18! For short distances, BMTC is very expensive.
Old 11th April 2014, 08:48   #64
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
Is that w.r.t BMTC or MTC? BMTC, IMHO, is damn expensive for the regular city rides - a 9km journey from my place to Jayanagar 4th block costs Rs. 15, while a 14km ride to Majestic costs Rs. 18! For short distances, BMTC is very expensive.
BMTC.

From Yelahanka to Ecospace campus, Bellandur costs Rs.22 in the ordinary (white and blue) bus. That's a distance of 34 kms as per google maps.

Yes, and I agree with you regarding shorter distances being more expensive in BMTC ordinary buses (comparatively) Take the below examples-

1. Yelahanka to Hebbal outer ring road costs Rs.15 in an ordinary bus. It costs Rs.20 in the airport Volvo. That's 8 kms.

2. Yelahanka to Bellandur costs Rs.22 in an ordinary bus, but costs Rs.80 in a Volvo.
Old 11th April 2014, 09:00   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
However, thanks to the new airport flyovers- Volvo buses are not an option to me anymore.
Why there is no option? Am I missing something?
Quote:
1. Yelahanka to Hebbal outer ring road costs Rs.15 in an ordinary bus. It costs Rs.20 in the airport Volvo. That's 8 kms.

2. Yelahanka to Bellandur costs Rs.22 in an ordinary bus, but costs Rs.80 in a Volvo.
It would be cheaper to buy the daily pass in case of Volvo - http://www.mybmtc.com/daily_pass
Old 11th April 2014, 09:22   #66
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Why there is no option? Am I missing something?
From mid- March, all Airport Volvo buses (except for KIA-9 and KIA-10 are taking the new elevated toll roads. All major stops till Hebbal are skipped.

I used to mainly depend on these Airport Volvo (Specially KIA-8 electronic city) buses since the other BMTC Volvo is rather rare from Yelahanka.
Old 11th April 2014, 09:29   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

^^Thanks to that I did a BIAL to Jaynagar run in less than an hour But from when did Vayu Vajra buses pick up non airport commuters? They should make only select routes travel on the expressway. I thought only 5&12 took that route since they have to reach a greater distance.
Old 11th April 2014, 10:48   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
But from when did Vayu Vajra buses pick up non airport commuters?
They've been picking up non-airport passengers since 2009 - soon after the "Dedicated" services starting running up losses. But they do charge more than the regular City Volvos.
Old 25th April 2014, 19:02   #69
Senior - BHPian

Thats correct Vayu Vajras also take in non airport passengers which is a real boon since the buses are not full all the time. Have especially seen this on the ECity route.

On another note there has been yet another hike in bus fares of around 15% effective from today 25 Apr. The minimum for ordinary fare is Rs.6 and Volvo Rs.15. Daily ordinary bus pass is Rs.70.
girishglg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2014, 11:43   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg

On another note there has been yet another hike in bus fares of around 15% effective from today 25 Apr. The minimum for ordinary fare is Rs.6 and Volvo Rs.15. Daily ordinary bus pass is Rs.70.
This is too much. I think BMTC is the most expensive public transport in India.

How much does it cost a Volvo daily/monthly pass now?
Old 27th April 2014, 23:47   #71
BHPian

2300 inr for the monthly Volvo pass
Roomy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2014, 06:05   #72
BHPian

Saw the BMTC zero emission bus running on the 335E route at Marathahalli yesterday

Old 7th May 2014, 10:33   #73
Senior - BHPian

New rates are very high, car pooling is much cheaper than BMTC!
Old 7th May 2014, 10:47   #74
BHPian

I agree with Latheesh ticket from Majestic to Kadugodi has become 110Rs/Person if you have 4 people it is the same that ola / taxi folks charge for the same distance.

On a side note is the electric bus immune from the ticket price hike linked to diesel prices.
Old 7th May 2014, 11:14   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by masin4
I agree with Latheesh ticket from Majestic to Kadugodi has become 110Rs/Person if you have 4 people it is the same that ola / taxi folks charge for the same distance.

On a side note is the electric bus immune from the ticket price hike linked to diesel prices.
What I feel is, BMTC spend on all possible new technologies and increase fare to match expenses.
Sometime back, I saw a bus with solar panel fixed on top. What is that?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks