Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2014, 10:04   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Comprehensive BMTC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
I've heard folks say that travelling by 2 wheelers is cheaper than BMTC.
Yes, just with 1 occupant, 2 wheeler is cheaper than BMTC non-AC bus and diesel car is cheaper than BMTC AC bus. This is with only running cost and doesn't add the cost of the vehicle. Nor daily pass case is considered.

Last edited by msdivy : 12th June 2014 at 10:06.
Old 12th June 2014, 10:39   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Yes, just with 1 occupant, 2 wheeler is cheaper than BMTC non-AC bus and diesel car is cheaper than BMTC AC bus. This is with only running cost and doesn't add the cost of the vehicle. Nor daily pass case is considered.
Last week I took BMTC non a/c service from Ajmera Apartment (Near Wipro gate) to Hosur Road. The distance is some 3+ kms and fare was Rs. 12

BMTC is very expensive for short distances. They are cheaper on end to end tickets, but very less takers for that.
Old 12th June 2014, 11:24   #93
BHPian

Does BMTC non-Ac service still have that in-City "White letters on black board" and suburban "Black letters on white board" service? I used to use BMTC during 1999-2000 and there was a difference in cost while using these 2 different services for the same journey. Hope it is not the case with cool clouds?
Old 12th June 2014, 11:36   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWind View Post
Does BMTC non-Ac service still have that in-City "White letters on black board" and suburban "Black letters on white board" service? I used to use BMTC during 1999-2000 and there was a difference in cost while using these 2 different services for the same journey. Hope it is not the case with cool clouds?
Now its "Black Board" and "Red Board". On a Black Board the route number is either written in Black, or its written in Yellow on Black Background. The same convention for "Red Board", where its Red/Maroon instead of black. There is no difference of fares between them, but there category of passes change - only the Red Board pass is valid on Red Board buses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
Last week I took BMTC non a/c service from Ajmera Apartment (Near Wipro gate) to Hosur Road. The distance is some 3+ kms and fare was Rs. 12

BMTC is very expensive for short distances. They are cheaper on end to end tickets, but very less takers for that.
BMTC is really very expensive for short distances. The minimum fare is Rs. 6 for 2 kms, it then straightaway jumps to Rs. 12 for the next 2 kms. THe fare is now Rs. 6, 12, 14, 17, 19, 19, 20, 21, 23, 23. Each stage is 2 kms (on paper) - in reality, the stages are often much shorter.
binaiks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th June 2014, 11:13   #95
Senior - BHPian

BMTC bus stolen from Majestic when the bus driver went for dinner. Bus was subsequently found in AP :

http://www.bangaloremirror.com/banga.../36672643.cms?

This is the second reported theft of a BMTC bus.

Last edited by sdp1975 : 17th June 2014 at 11:21.
sdp1975 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th June 2014, 12:09   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
BMTC bus stolen from Majestic when the bus driver went for dinner. Bus was subsequently found in Ap

This is the second reported theft of a BMTC bus.
This type of issues keeps coming once in a while. Prime reason being they don't have key or same key for many buses.
One year ago, there was repeated issue of bus being stolen and is driven inside the city till diesel was available. Later due to extensive vigilance it was reduced.

Last edited by Ashley2 : 17th June 2014 at 12:11.
Old 6th August 2014, 19:03   #97
BHPian

Need immediate help.

My college is starting in a couple of days and I need a bus pass. The thing is, I specifically want a volvo bus pass and I have no idea how to go about it. Can anyone give me some information regarding this? I am told that they're available with bus conductors but the website is confusing and says that you gotta fill out an application form. Any help whatsoever will be appreciated

thanks.
Old 6th August 2014, 19:12   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by createrkid View Post
Need immediate help.

My college is starting in a couple of days and I need a bus pass. The thing is, I specifically want a volvo bus pass and I have no idea how to go about it. Can anyone give me some information regarding this? I am told that they're available with bus conductors but the website is confusing and says that you gotta fill out an application form. Any help whatsoever will be appreciated

thanks.
If you are looking for a student pass then you have to fill in forms, get an authorisation from the college principal and some other formalities IIRC. Regular Volvo monthly pass can be brought from conductors like daily passes itself and AFAIK there is no need to visit a bus station.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2014, 19:24   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Need immediate help.

thanks.
There are two kind of passes you can purchase. One which requires you to show a BMTC ID card everytime and one that requires a govt issued ID card. The pass that requires BMTC id costs Rs50 less. You can get the BMTC ID card from some depots (Banashankari, BTM, Majestic,..) by producing the filled application, an address proof, two photos along with a fee of Rs100. You will get it instantly.
More info here:
http://www.mybmtc.com/monthly_pass

Passes are available with conductors, but usually they run out by first few days of the month.
bejoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2014, 22:06   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
There are two kind of passes you can purchase. One which requires you to show a BMTC ID card everytime and one that requires a govt issued ID card. The pass that requires BMTC id costs Rs50 less. You can get the BMTC ID card from some depots (Banashankari, BTM, Majestic,..) by producing the filled application, an address proof, two photos along with a fee of Rs100. You will get it instantly.
More info here:
http://www.mybmtc.com/monthly_pass

Passes are available with conductors, but usually they run out by first few days of the month.
I don't quite follow you. I need an ID card and a pass? Don't the conductors in the volvo buses hand out monthly passes? The website says that a regular volvo pass costs 2250(with the bmtc ID card) and 2300(without one). I don't understand why pay 100 in the first place for an ID card and then obtain a monthly pass? And what's available at the counter immediately, the pass or the ID?
Old 6th August 2014, 22:55   #101
BHPian

Quote:
I don't quite follow you. I need an ID card and a pass? Don't the conductors in the volvo buses hand out monthly passes? The website says that a regular volvo pass costs 2250(with the bmtc ID card) and 2300(without one). I don't understand why pay 100 in the first place for an ID card and then obtain a monthly pass? And what's available at the counter immediately, the pass or the ID?
The wordings in the website are a bit confusing.

If you buy the 2250 pass, you need to show the BMTC ID card, each time the conductor asks for verification.

If you don't have the BMTC ID card, you need to purchase the 2300 pass. You can produce a govt issued ID card (PAN/DL/VoterID) when the conductor asks. This is a option given for short time visitors availing BMTC service.

BMTC ID card is available at the counter by paying 100. This is valid for 3 years. This is good to have because you can save rs50 every month, if you plan to use BMTC services regularly.

Pass is issued by the conductor (and from the counters). As I said, this month's pass may not be available with the conductors because it will usually be sold out in the initial few days of the month. So you can check at the counter for the same.

Hope you are clear now
bejoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2014, 13:19   #102
Senior - BHPian

Planning to take Vayu Vajra (BIAS 8) from Electronic City to Airport tomorrow. I have no idea about their pick up points/stops in electronic city, can any one guide?
Old 11th September 2014, 13:37   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Planning to take Vayu Vajra (BIAS 8) from Electronic City to Airport tomorrow. I have no idea about their pick up points/stops in electronic city, can any one guide?
They would be having a stop at the Infosys campus at Electronics City. They generally start from there, and start taking passengers right after the bus comes out of the Infosys campus.
sachinpk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2014, 17:10   #104
Senior - BHPian

Fight for change is serious ! Check where Rs 2 fight ended - BMTC bus takes a detour over Rs 2 fight

40 passengers forced to wait for nearly 15 minutes as conductor, student commuter seek 'justice' from cops
Quote:
Change doesn't come cheap as nearly 40 passengers on board a BMTC bus realised after a fight between a conductor and a passenger landed them all at a police station on Tuesday. The flashpoint that forced police intervention was an amount of Rs 2.
Quote:
The SOP (standard opreating procedure) is for conductors to scribble the amount due behind the ticket. However, in this case, the conductor didn't do so, only verbally communicating the deal.
Old 19th November 2014, 16:24   #105
Senior - BHPian

BMTC is finally scrapping Marco Polo buses. Looks like since these were bought with Central Govt assistance, they had to take permission to scrap them.
Quote:
They are causing losses of `27 for every kilometre they run.
Source: http://www.newindianexpress.com/citi...cle2510115.ece

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks