Team-BHP > BHP India > Commercial Vehicles

Old 18th August 2019, 11:08   #91
BHPian

Default Re: The Official non-auto Image thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by aim120 View Post
Thats't not a real aircraft, it's a radio control model aircraft.
That's not an RC model but a flight simulator called AeroflyRC8. It does need a usb controller which looks similar to a controller that you use to fly real RC planes, but it's not a radio controller.

For those who are interested in looking it up-
https://www.ikarus.net/en/rc8-features/
Astleviz is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2019, 20:34   #92
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: MiG-29 Fulcrum : The balance rests on us

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
The feeling is mutual. I follow your posts on dogs and you follow mine on aircrafts. A happy balance. I would love to keep a dog at home but I have a big queen cat who refuses to have anything to do with dogs. :-(
A happy balance indeed. And I appreciate your predicament - queen cats are well avoided by all dogs who value their safety & peace of mind!

I remember back in the 60's in Allahabad, we had a cross-bred German Shepherd who thought he was afraid of nothing on earth. Till he chased a cat and cornered it on our terrace. Thereafter all his roaring barks and slavering jaws had no effect on the cat - she would just rear up on her hind legs and spit & snarl with her paws extended. And our Badshah (for some odd reason that's what our grandma had named him!) just could not close up on her. After a few attempts - and a bleeding nose & jowls from needle sharp claws - he decided to call it a day. The cat simply climbed over the parapet & disappeared without so much as a scratch on her.

After the incident l have had a great deal of respect for cats.
shashanka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2019, 21:13   #93
BHPian

There were reports of IAF eyeing to buy some surplus/ sparingly used MiG 29's from the Russian Air Force - of SMT standard.

Don't know how it went - Anyone heard anything further about it??

Last edited by nevinfrancis : 18th August 2019 at 21:21.
nevinfrancis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2019, 09:19   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevinfrancis View Post
There were reports of IAF eyeing to buy some surplus/ sparingly used MiG 29's from the Russian Air Force - of SMT standard.

Don't know how it went - Anyone heard anything further about it??
Those MiG-29 airframes are lying in Russia in unassembled and mothballed condition since the 1980s. Chances are those are vanilla MiG-29A Fulcrum-A airframes and not SMTs. SMTs, which were upgraded MiG-29As, started showing up only in the mid or late 1990s.

The IAF had received a slightly downgraded export variant, designated as the MiG-29B in the late 1980s and few MiG-29S Fulcrum-Cs(apparently) in the 90s, which are being upgraded to IAF specified MiG-29UPG standards .

If the deal for the mothballed Fulcrums goes through, they will be bought upto to IAF's MiG-29UPG standards before delivery.
skanchan95 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2019, 13:13   #95
BHPian

Given the track record of defence procurements, I doubt that this is going to materialise and moreover they are going for more MKI's.

Last edited by moralfibre : 27th August 2019 at 08:06. Reason: Grammar
nevinfrancis is offline   Reply With Quote