Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2016, 11:14   #16
BHPian

Re: 2016 Mahindra Getaway Pick-up spotted

This is the vehicle which I saw on Sunday. Just wondering why they are using the tail lights from the old gen scorpio and not the new one. Its making the rear look way out of place. Even the alloys are not from the current gen.
Old 5th October 2016, 13:35   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Spied in close detail by a MotorScribes spy.
Front looks like is from NuvoSport/
Dashboard from present gen Scorpio
Tail lights from older gen of Scorpio
The rear does not do justice to aggressive front
The TUB seems pretty small - they at least should have replicated it from Max-Pickup

It seems like this is MIX & MATCH of various Mahindra vehicles.

Regards-Sonu
Old 6th October 2016, 11:01   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesonu View Post
Front looks like is from NuvoSport/
Dashboard from present gen Scorpio
Tail lights from older gen of Scorpio
The rear does not do justice to aggressive front
The TUB seems pretty small - they at least should have replicated it from Max-Pickup

It seems like this is MIX & MATCH of various Mahindra vehicles.

Regards-Sonu
Till the tub, it is identical to the present Scorpio - both interior and exterior. I guess it was the only logical thing to do, to increase parts sharing.

Things that remain the same - ugly tub and the alloys.

Maybe, they have smelled blood with the V-Cross sales but I doubt it will be even a patch on the handsome looking V-Cross. Getaway always appears to be an after thought, especially with the industrial looking tub and that "dummy" arch on the rear door, why don't they straighten it out!

2016 Mahindra Getaway Pick-up spotted-capture.jpg
Old 12th October 2016, 14:26   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

The 2016 Scorpio Getaway was spotted testing on the Mumbai-Pune expressway by Motor World India spies, who also noted that the logo on the rear of the test mule read "Mahindra Pik-Up".

2016 Mahindra Getaway Pick-up spotted-mahindrascorpiogetawayspypics4.jpg

2016 Mahindra Getaway Pick-up spotted-mahindrascorpiogetawayspypics.jpeg

2016 Mahindra Getaway Pick-up spotted-mahindrascorpiogetawayspypics2.jpeg

2016 Mahindra Getaway Pick-up spotted-mahindrascorpiogetawayspypics3.jpeg
RavenAvi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th October 2016, 10:43   #20
BHPian

Are those reclineable Captain seats at the back ? against the bench seats normally available in pickups.
Tail lamps look like the first gen Scorpio. Somehow the rear (loading bay) doesn't sync with the front half of the vehicle
Old 14th October 2016, 11:09   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Mahindra Pik-up(or Getaway as we know it) is not a good selling vehicle for India. It is mainly exported to markets in Africa and Australia, there it is positioned as low cost no frills, base level utility vehicle. How else could it compete with likes of Ford Ranger or Toyota Hilux. I guess that is the reason Mahindra has decided to retain the basic appearance.

This vehicle is not relevant to our market, even if the private Pick-up truck popularity goes up due to the Isuzu V-Cross, which at the similar price point is much more superior product.
.anshuman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2017, 00:17   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Rohan Nagrani has posted a big scoop - the Scorpio Getaway will get the 140BHP version of the 2.2L mHawk engine, which powers the XUV500!

2016 Mahindra Getaway Pick-up spotted-sc-get.jpg
Old 20th February 2018, 21:15   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Spotted by good friend Aditya at Ahmednagar, Maharashtra, headed towards VRDE (Vehicle Research and Development Establishment), Vahannagar.

According to Aditya, there were two different Getaway pick-up cabs seen by him (one following the other) - one was a single-cab while the other was a double-cab (seen in most pics here).

The pick-ups had quite brisk acceleration and once outside city limits, they zoomed past all sights, which adds credence to the strong possibility that they were powered by the 140HP mHawk diesel.

2016 Mahindra Getaway Pick-up spotted-9w.jpg

2016 Mahindra Getaway Pick-up spotted-2w.jpg

2016 Mahindra Getaway Pick-up spotted-10w.jpg

2016 Mahindra Getaway Pick-up spotted-6w.jpg

2016 Mahindra Getaway Pick-up spotted-3w.jpg

2016 Mahindra Getaway Pick-up spotted-5w.jpg

2016 Mahindra Getaway Pick-up spotted-7w.jpg

2016 Mahindra Getaway Pick-up spotted-8w.jpg

2016 Mahindra Getaway Pick-up spotted-4w.jpg

2016 Mahindra Getaway Pick-up spotted-1w.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2022, 18:22   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Scorpio Getaway spotted at a Mumbai dealership.

2016 Mahindra Getaway Pick-up spotted-893c64ab63404656873f357c76602bcb.jpeg

2016 Mahindra Getaway Pick-up spotted-a03d04f584c1481ebdcee3c530d30863.jpeg

2016 Mahindra Getaway Pick-up spotted-df824cb5d545433ca455104a4fa93031.jpeg

2016 Mahindra Getaway Pick-up spotted-b5dfc6eb503d4388abc9f4a0c23bac76.jpeg

2016 Mahindra Getaway Pick-up spotted-77cde9e944aa42319d5fbc45ebaf738d.jpeg

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 15th February 2022 at 18:24.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2022, 14:45   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Mahindra Pik-up(or Getaway as we know it) is not a good selling vehicle for India....

This vehicle is not relevant to our market, even if the private Pick-up truck popularity goes up due to the Isuzu V-Cross, which at the similar price point is much more superior product.
I saw a fully unmasked all black one up here in Manali a few weeks ago. I wonder if they are only testing them in India or whether there are future sales plans.

If you watch the Aussie reviews it seems people are very, very impressed with them, it's considered a great vfm product, fairly well-built, surprisingly capable and reliable.

I think all the Isuzu hype and euphoria is just that, and while selling well it's pretty clear they will NEVER have the kind of service/spares network here that Mahindra enjoys. Scorpios themselves are highly regarded among Indians & Bhpians, a number of whom commented they regard them basically as reliable as Toyotas. I don't see any point in underrating a domestic product when it's a good one.

Hi-Lux is legendary, but even they can become maintenance-intensive when aged under harsh conditions. I know because my dad owned on in Honduras for many years, sold it as it had become a money-pit.

Previous-gen Getaway could be had in the region of 12L or less when I was looking, with all the basic amenities. That was a good bit less than a 4x4 Scorp of the same year, and a LOT less than a well-equipped V-Cross, and as such to me seemed a great deal.

With the facelift it would arguably be the best-and-meanest looking in class, and I can't imagine why adv-types as well as "gentleman farmers" here wouldn't want one if priced reasonably (even I'd want one, with a manual 4x4 lever, please!). I have been told they are actually quite popular in parts of Punjab, and asking prices of pre-owned seem to be high.

-Eric

Last edited by ringoism : 18th March 2022 at 14:47.
Old 18th March 2022, 16:00   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringoism View Post
I saw a fully unmasked all black one up here in Manali a few weeks ago. I wonder if they are only testing them in India or whether there are future sales plans.
Mahindra has local drivers (jeep drivers) in the hinterlands who test their vehicles other than their own engineers - They were testing the vehicle in Ooty some months ago, the vehicle was painted in similar dark blue color as that of XUV7OO. We were told it will be launched in India, will have AT as well.

The white board version cannot legally carry heavy loads (I think the limit is less than the weight of passengers) that the vehicle is capable of, the yellow board version can be driven by the gentleman farmer but he will have to wear a uniform and will be treated like a driver (we are still in India)!!

So pick up truck market in India belongs to a purpose built load carrier like - Bolero Pickup in its infinite variants.
Old 2nd April 2022, 22:06   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Spotted a Scorpio Getaway at a used car dealer in JP Nagar, Bangalore, near the underpass on ORR.

Folks who may be interested could check it out. It was that greenish color we often see the Getaway in.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks