Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2019, 00:19   #31
BHPian

Re: India gets its first Drone policy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Heard a rumour that DJI might launch officially on Amazon India by the end of 2019.

Not sure what the pricing will be like (or if it will even happen). But nonetheless, might be worth waiting for that...
Considering Mavic air combo goes for around 77k, I hope Mavic Mini fly combo is aroung 40k, that will be so perfect
sandhyab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2019, 06:14   #32

If you try and import without all the paper work in place including the ETA, your drone will be confiscated, happened to me. The customs want an ETA even for a Tello. They refused to release mine though it was Nano drone stating that ETA was a must. I said that since many have imported the Tello, customs would already have a ETA, could they not rehear my Tello based on that? No the customs want a ETA for every shipment. ETA is Equipment Type Approval. Best is to buy through Amazon or such. Where delivery to you is guaranteed.
hariratan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th December 2019, 15:24   #33
BHPian

Hi,

Sharing update on Mavic Mini sale in India. I called up stores listed on DJI's official website and most of them mentioned that the product will be available from next week! Keeping my fingers crossed...

The prices quoted however varied from 50k to 55k for the fly more combo. Hoping to have the product listed on Amazon.

Any clue on this one?
saurabh89 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th December 2019, 10:39   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh89 View Post
Hi,

Sharing update on Mavic Mini sale in India. I called up stores listed on DJI's official website and most of them mentioned that the product will be available from next week! Keeping my fingers crossed...

The prices quoted however varied from 50k to 55k for the fly more combo. Hoping to have the product listed on Amazon.

Any clue on this one?
There is a store in Banglore called DJI Banglore. They already have the Mavic Mini in stock and ready to ship.

I called them and I was quoted 60k for the flymore combo. Which in my opinion is too high a premium over its international price.

They actively update stock details on their instagram page "djibanglore"
NerdyMillennial is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th January 2020, 12:53   #35
Senior - BHPian

Using a drone? Register with govt starting mid-January.

Quote:
Come mid-January and all drone users in India - including those using toy drones - will need to start registering the same along with their details on an aviation ministry portal. Aviation minister Hardeep Singh Puri on Monday said the process of "registering drones will start in a few weeks".
News Soure.
SJM1214 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th June 2020, 10:13   #36
Senior - BHPian

Do we have any Drone users on our Forum? If yes, can we please also have a separate Thread to discuss our passion and problems Mods?

I am looking for some help with my KK6 4K WiFi Drone which I just bought. It comes under the Nano category (as it weighs just <200gms), and so does not need Registration as per the DGCA Policy.
Old 7th October 2020, 09:01   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

So has anyone recently been able to source a drone from overseas? I'm looking at procuring a Mavic Mini or Air 2 from UAE through a friend who's traveling for a short trip.

He'll be buying it in his name and opening up the box - any suggestions if that will suffice to bypass the customs? Or can I raise the approval using the purchased product details (from him once he's in UAE and obtained the drone product) prior to his travel back to India?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated
Old 9th October 2020, 12:51   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
So has anyone recently been able to source a drone from overseas? I'm looking at procuring a Mavic Mini or Air 2 from UAE through a friend who's traveling for a short trip.

He'll be buying it in his name and opening up the box - any suggestions if that will suffice to bypass the customs? Or can I raise the approval using the purchased product details (from him once he's in UAE and obtained the drone product) prior to his travel back to India?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated
Generally you can get away with hand carry unless the customs fellow decides to be very strict. I have had many friends and aquaintances carry the mini drones to India without any issue. Just ask your friend to remove the propellers and put them in the check-in bag and keep just the drone separately in the hand luggage.
Jaguar is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2020, 20:39   #39
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Do see this thread: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadge...ps-advice.html (The Drones Thread - Reviews, Tips, Advice)

It's a much newer thread, and you'll see that the recent Amazon deals have dropped the Mavic Mini prices to almost-USD prices rather regularly.
Rehaan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2020, 21:04   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Do see this thread: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadge...ps-advice.html (The Drones Thread - Reviews, Tips, Advice)

It's a much newer thread, and you'll see that the recent Amazon deals have dropped the Mavic Mini prices to almost-USD prices rather regularly.
Thank you - I just searched for it - showed an option for 33k inr with a pre-order option (delivery in Dec). Within minutes the option went out; and now it shows no options.

Looked at the history - the price seems to have dropped to 33k several times over the last 2-3 months (been constant at 50k for all 2020 prior to that).

Will keep an eye out!
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2020, 15:55   #41
Senior - BHPian

Mumbai Police has issued an order under section 144 of CrPC banning drones, remote-controlled micro-light aircraft, and paragliders in the area under the jurisdiction of Brihanmumbai Police Commissionerate from 30th October to 28th November.
Attached Thumbnails
India gets its first Drone policy-dronw.png  

RM Motorsports is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2020, 19:54   #42
Team-BHP Support

Vloggers cannot carry drones on Indian flights

Quote:
  • Drones cannot be carried in cabin luggage on flights in India, as per latest order.
  • The restriction on carrying drones has been imposed over cyber security concerns.
  • Such restrictions can certainly be challenging for digital content creators.
https://www.indiatoday.in/technology...722-2020-10-24
Rehaan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2020, 21:47   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

So a friend sold his mavic mini as he was not using it much, all went smooth. Now the problem starts, since he had registered the drone, there is no way to remove the drone from your name or transfer to new owner. He continues to be responsible for how the drone is used by new owner.

When he wrote to digital sky, they say they only maintain the site, and can't give an option to Edit or delete the drone from his profile. This can be a potential issue, and not sure when it will be fixed. Another example of aping rules from other countries, but not implementing them completely.
AtheK is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 26th March 2021, 13:50   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

The Unmanned Aircraft System Rules 2021 (UAS 2021) have been framed and published in Indian Gazette Notification on 12th March. It's a long document with 148 pages.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf UAS Rules, 2021.pdf (3.07 MB, 164 views)
BoneCollector is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2021, 08:10   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
So a friend sold his mavic mini as he was not using it much, all went smooth. Now the problem starts, since he had registered the drone, there is no way to remove the drone from your name or transfer to new owner. He continues to be responsible for how the drone is used by new owner.

When he wrote to digital sky, they say they only maintain the site, and can't give an option to Edit or delete the drone from his profile. This can be a potential issue, and not sure when it will be fixed. Another example of aping rules from other countries, but not implementing them completely.
This was bound to happen, when you give responsibilities of handling issues of modern times to babus who are used to a culture of stop learning once you get a cozy comfort zone. The drone policy should have been handled in a better manner, I am sure there are hundreds of people in our country who are competent enough to do the things correctly. I wouldn’t directly blame the people who have digitalsky in their hands, they are just ill equipped even to understand the basics. The DGCA is broadly to be held responsible here. Now the people who end up with such nano category drones will be bound to look at other options to make use of their hobby drones.
arpanjha is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks