Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2021, 07:07   #46
BHPian

Re: India gets its first Drone policy

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpanjha View Post
This was bound to happen, when you give responsibilities of handling issues of modern times to babus who are used to a culture of stop learning once you get a cozy comfort zone. The drone policy should have been handled in a better manner, I am sure there are hundreds of people in our country who are competent enough to do the things correctly. I wouldn’t directly blame the people who have digitalsky in their hands, they are just ill equipped even to understand the basics. The DGCA is broadly to be held responsible here. Now the people who end up with such nano category drones will be bound to look at other options to make use of their hobby drones.
So, I finally got my Mini 2 last week. It’s a fabulous little drone with amazing capabilities. Sadly restricted to 15m height. This just kills all your excitement. But I have managed to fly it to 120 metre height with some modifications, it is pretty easily available on the Internet how to make the mod. Looks like a temporary fix which you need to keep doing every few days time, but not a big deal for me, given the superb capabilities of the mini / mini 2 at its price point. So, all folks apprehensive of buying and flying one in India, can relax and go ahead with your plans.
arpanjha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2021, 19:54   #47
BHPian

India has granted a conditional exemption to ICMR (likely in partnership with IIT Kanpur) & Telangana Government to conduct a feasibility study for delivery of vaccines via drones.

Dr Samiran Panda, Scientist G and Head of the Epidemiology and Communicable Diseases division of the ICMR, said, “The purpose of the project is to deliver things through drones in cases where it may take a longer time to transport through roadways.”

“A feasibility study is being conducted to look at how delivery drones can be used to improve medical supply chains, followed by a pilot implementation in Telangana. The project includes a comprehensive study of drone–based deliveries for blood, vaccines, medical samples and long tail medicine,” said an expression of interest document released by the Information Technology, Electronics and Communications department of Government of Telangana.

A collaboration of multiple Central institutes also seem to have their own pilot in the works.

Source.

Last edited by anivy : 30th April 2021 at 20:00. Reason: One too many blank lines in between.
Old 11th May 2021, 12:10   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
So, I finally got my Mini 2 last week.
So, all folks apprehensive of buying and flying one in India, can relax and go ahead with your plans.
Great to hear about this - was this from a dealer/seller in India? Any pointers how/where you were able to source one? I have been calling DJI stockists/dealers in Bombay & Chennai - all are saying no stock availability. Bombay dealers seem not even ready to discuss this topic saying there is no visibility on this.

Edit:
Query to all - one of the dealers said DJI drones are not allowed in India. I checked the list of certified RPAs/drones, the list doesn't contain DJI drone products. Is this a new development?

Certified RPAs.pdf

Last edited by ninjatalli : 11th May 2021 at 12:25.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2021, 14:13   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Great to hear about this - was this from a dealer/seller in India? Any pointers how/where you were able to source one? I have been calling DJI stockists/dealers in Bombay & Chennai - all are saying no stock availability. Bombay dealers seem not even ready to discuss this topic saying there is no visibility on this.

Edit:
Query to all - one of the dealers said DJI drones are not allowed in India. I checked the list of certified RPAs/drones, the list doesn't contain DJI drone products. Is this a new development?

Attachment 2154470
Hi Ninja, firstly, I got it through a friend, for details you can send me a PM. But, I heard from a friend there is a store in kolkata called MM Photographic stores, they have been selling the flymore combo. Also, have you checked S. K. Electronics in Mumbai?
I dont know if there is any DJI issue with the DGCA or not, but DJI ticks all the boxes as far as restrictions go, they fall in line with the DGCA. I am glad I dont need a UIN for flying nano category drone, although I did sign up as a member on digitalsky.

Last edited by arpanjha : 11th May 2021 at 14:16.
Old 11th May 2021, 14:40   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Ninja, firstly, I got it through a friend, for details you can send me a PM. But, I heard from a friend there is a store in kolkata called MM Photographic stores, they have been selling the flymore combo. Also, have you checked S. K. Electronics in Mumbai?
Thanks for sharing this - wasn't able to reach SK Electronics, but I just spoke to the Kolkata store; they do have stock available for the flymore combo (~56k inr). Will have to figure out the how (to get it) if I opt for either of the two options for now.

I had a few queries; I'll PM you for a few details.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2021, 15:05   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Thanks for sharing this - wasn't able to reach SK Electronics, but I just spoke to the Kolkata store; they do have stock available for the flymore combo (~56k inr). Will have to figure out the how (to get it) if I opt for either of the two options for now.

I had a few queries; I'll PM you for a few details.
You are welcome, I shall be glad to be of any help to any T-Bhpian.
Old 4th July 2021, 08:02   #52
BHPian

After the recent Jammu airforce station attack, lot of my friends and relatives are concerned over me flying my nano category DJI mini 2 and shooting videos. Anyone here if inquisitive about what I shoot, it’s generally rivers, bridges, streets etc., basically nature and architectural photography and you can view some of them on my YouTube channel: https://youtube.com/user/arpanjha

My post is not about my YouTube channel. It is about getting a clearer picture about people’s perception on drone flying. While I know nano category drones are not required to have any UIN registration on the DGCA website, but it is difficult to convey the same across to most people around. The drone by itself comes restricted to altitude 15M and unless you are an advanced user you can’t make it go beyond legal limits. I really don’t understand the threat that a nano drone poses with nearly zero payload capacity. The only thing that comes to my mind is privacy invasion, which in any case is of prime importance for any photographer be it drones, still cameras or mobile cameras, each one of them need to be used responsibly, and each on these devices are more or less equally capable of invading privacy.

Are there more t-bhpians facing this kind of looked strangely upon attitude?

Last edited by arpanjha : 4th July 2021 at 08:04. Reason: Grammatical correction
arpanjha is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2021, 19:36   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

What is the latest on bringing a drone like the DJI Mavic Mini into India along with me on a flight? Is it completely banned or can I still carry it in the checked in baggage with batteries removed? I am getting the fly more combo at a rather attractive price here in Germany but I do not want to end up with it being confiscated upon arrival in India. As I understand the drone laws, it falls under the Nano category and is mostly unrestricted for use. But what about carrying it to India or carrying it on a flight?
Old 8th August 2021, 15:41   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
What is the latest on bringing a drone like the DJI Mavic Mini into India along with me on a flight? Is it completely banned or can I still carry it in the checked in baggage with batteries removed? I am getting the fly more combo at a rather attractive price here in Germany but I do not want to end up with it being confiscated upon arrival in India. As I understand the drone laws, it falls under the Nano category and is mostly unrestricted for use. But what about carrying it to India or carrying it on a flight?
You should have no problem if you are carrying it in check in luggage with batteries removed. In any case with checked in luggage I don’t see anyone checking where you reach, only if you declare while going out of customs will your luggage be screened. In general I don’t see much of an issue.
Old 26th August 2021, 14:10   #55
BHPian

Re: The Drones Thread - Reviews, Tips, Advice

Some relaxation to the Drone Rules in India. Not clear as to what all has been eased but looks like the govt has decided the liberalise the use of drones in India to some extent.

Drone Rules 2021 Explained: Govt Boosts Commercial Use, Eases Casual Owners and More

But the article says "The Directorate General of Foreign Trade will regulate the import of drones in India", so that's still a bummer. Also, I've been hoping to see the govt ease on the restriction of 15m limit for Nano drones but nothing on that is mentioned in the article either.
logicalidiot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2022, 20:43   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Some changes in the Drone pilot license.

Quote:
The requirement of a drone pilot licence has been abolished with effect from 11 Feb 2022. The Remote Pilot Certificate (RPC) issued by a DGCA-approved drone school through the single window DigitalSky Platform shall be sufficient for operating a drone in India.
India gets its first Drone policy-screenshot_20220212204300.jpg
BoneCollector is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2022, 15:53   #57
Team-BHP Support

Got this from a friend on whatsapp, sharing here if it's worth anything to anyone:
India gets its first Drone policy-ddea7fb85f6a407eba0e224e36932094.jpg
Rehaan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks